• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mange

Bitte benutzen Sie Google Übersetzer
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Wind Waker
5. A Link to the Past
6. A Link Between Worlds
7. Link's Awakening
8. The Minish Cap
(9. Oracle of Seasons
10. Zelda I
11. Zelda II
12. Skyward Sword)

Hylian.Smitty

Defender of SS
just gonna do a short top 5
SS>OoT>MM>TP>PH
Not a huge fan of 2D zelda games, i like the puzzles better in the 3D ones

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
A Link Between Worlds is my personal favorite, followed closely by Ocarina of Time. Both dragged me into their colorful worlds and challenged me with their game play (Then again, I'm terrible at video games).

Me!

It's a hard call for best between Ocarina of Time (obviously) and Skyward Sword. Ocarina is what introduced me to the series and is still an amazing game. However, Skyward Sword has those amazingly fun motion controls, the best level designs as the areas leading up to dungeons play like dungeons, better items, an item upgrade system which I LOVED, a fun art style and many other things that Ocarina did not. So ultimately I have to go with Skyward Sword.

I'm not sure which is the worst. There are only two games I played that I disliked. Adventure of Link, which I found bland and out of place in the Zelda franchise and Majora's Mask. There, I said it. I just didn't like it. It just has so many flaws that people overlook. The ultimate problem for me was the three day system which made you have to play for long periods of time without saving, put you on a time limit so you always had to watch the clock and determine if you had enough time for this or that and made it feel more like being at work than going on an adventure, the fact you had to redo so much and that everyone you helped would be unhelped every time you saved. It just felt too much like I was using people and not making any real progress.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Of the Zelda Games completed. I rank the following:

1.A Link to the Past
2.Twilight Princess
3.Ocarina of Time
4.Majora's Mask
5.Skyward Sword
6.A Link Between Worlds
7.Windwaker
8.Link's Awakening
9.Minish Cap
10.Phantom Hourglass
11.Oracle of Seasons

They're all so good for different reasons it's difficult to place after #1 for me. So between 2-8 could all be moved around. Those below 8 could be moved in the 8-11 area. So i guess they're grouped.

Favorites:

Wind Waker- The most personality of any version of Link, Tetra is one of my favorite characters in the series, it has a great visual style, sailing gave a wonderful sense of exploration, and Ganondorf was vastly more interesting and sympathetic. My only real complaint is the cut dungeons and I believe missable figures, but I never really pursued those so I'm not sure if there's a workaround.

Majora's Mask- It had the most indepth townspeople in the franchise, and the bomber's notebook and clock made the world feel huge and alive. Likewise the fact that the notebook lists all of the times that rewards are available let's you focus on target points, giving a great sort of open ended structure, making your own quests. It's funny as I hate time limits with a passion, but MM's clock never really felt like one to me, it was more about learning the world. I also consider it, along with FF7, one of the great blends of silly and serious. People always focus on the darker aspects, without commenting on how silly and hilarious it is as well. I think that's part of why the Compilation of FF7 isn't as popular; they carried over the more series and dark aspects, but neglected just how silly FF7 could be, and so only got half of it's essence.

Hyrule Warriors- Warriors is high on my list of favorite series, higher then Zelda infact, so needless to say I was thrilled. Add in playable Midna and Agitha, my two favorite Zelda characters, and needless to say I was happy. The game has a nice blend of old and new as well. It felt a bit like a throwback to the DW4 Empires era or so, simple base capturing without a lot of the more complex systems of later games. I later played Pirate Warriors 2, which feels very similar, but didn't make that connection when I originally played it. Adventure Mode is probably my favorite thing in the series, taking my love for the Abyss tower in SW1 and blowing it out of the water.

Skyward Sword- The strongest storyline in the series, an amazing main theme, customizable equipment, and an interesting setup. Plus it introduced Timeshift stones, which I've already gushed about. An actual overworld would be nice, but it's not a huge deal. My only major complaint is that Fi always tells you about hearts when you talk to her with critical health. I like chatting with her a lot, so it got a bit frustrating, at least they could just have it be once per play session or something.

Link's Awakening- It was hard to pick between it and the Oracle games, but Awakening wins out for the more creative world design. The Roc's Feather is my favorite item in the series, being able to equip two items at once was incredible at the time, and the trading sequence remains my favorite as well. I have few real complaints, though I will say that if any Zelda should have multiple endings, it'd be this one. How I wanted to just beat the final boss and then say "Seeya" and walk out.

The Adventure of Link- It's not nearly as high up as the others, I just wanted to give it an honorable mention. I like that it mixed things up style-wise, added a bigger world with actual towns, and had a playable fairy form, which is always nice. I'm a pretty big fan of the Monster World series and Super Adventure Island 2, so the style definitely appealed to me, I'd like to see them give it another shot one day.

Least Favorites:

Twilight Princess- This is a bit weird considering that both of my favorite characters in the series are from this game, it introduced the floating city which I found fascinating, the old west style Kakariko was cool, and the gorons had this kind of bodybuilder yakuza feel going on that was pretty cool. Plus Wolf Link' more four legged heroes are always a good thing. And yet for some reason the game just never clicked with me. Don't get me wrong, I liked it and plan to replay it at some point, but it just never hooked me the way that others did. I don't dislike it in the slightest, like I said all of it's parts are great, the sum just didn't quite match the rest of the series.

CD-I Games: I didn't plan to talk about them, but after saying so much about Adventure of Link, I thought I should. I haven't played them yet, so I can't say personal feelings, but just from what I've seen of them, the annoying item usage and button issues hold it back. It's really a shame as like I said I'd love to see another side scrolling Zelda attempt, and I do like how creative and bizarre they got with the animation and villains. I always liked the feel of the NES era Captain N cartoon style Zelda series, and this is like that gone insane. It was before the series was really finalized, which I just find interesting. Actually, I guess A Link To The Past did come out before it, which is what I consider the first "Modern" Zelda, so I guess it did go against that some. Still an interesting throwback, I want to like them, I just fear the control issues and inventory management.

1, 2. A Link to the Past / Majora's Mask (tie)

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Link's Awakening

5, 6. Wind Waker / A Link Between Worlds (can't decide which is more deserving of top 5 status)

7. Skyward Sword

8. Twilight Princess

9. Spirit Tracks

10. Oracle of Ages

11. Oracle of Seasons

12. Phantom Hourglass

13. Four Swords Adventures

14. Four Swords

Haven't completed:

NES Zeldas, Minish Cap

ShadowMidna

Princess of Twilight
Twilight Princess is my favourite by far. I loved the whole story and how involved Midna was in it. I felt attached to her as a follower and actually ended up crying(I know I'm lame xD) at the end of the game when Link had to say goodbye to her. I loved the more realistic art style and graphics of the game, and the whole Twilight world and how dark it felt.

I think Phantom hourglass was my least favourite as it seemed like it lacked content in my opinion. I wish they had added more side quests and stuff in it, it just felt pretty short.

J

john_uskglass

i've only played majora's mask, but i have ocarina of time coming in the mail. i really liked majora's mask though because it was kind of about ghosts and spirits, but not like scary ones. i think ghosts are kind of sad and lonely and it was cool to play a game where ghosts weren't trying to scare you but just wanted to feel good again, even if the songs made me sad.

i wish there was more of the forest stuff in it though. the ocean was cool and the tower with the skeleton people but i really like big old forests and wanted more of that.

Goes from my favorite (OoT) to my least favorite (AoL).
  • Ocarina of Time
  • A Link to the Past
  • The Wind Waker
  • Majora's Mask
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Twilight Princess
  • Link's Awakening
  • The Minish Cap
  • Skyward Sword
  • Oracle of Seasons
  • Oracle of Ages
  • Legend of Zelda