• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Genre?

Favorite genre(s)?

• Post-apocalyptic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Science Fiction

• Fantasy

• Historical Fiction

• Romance

• Nonfiction

• Classic Literature

• Other

• Total voters

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Simply put, which of the options is your favorite literary genre?

Science Fiction
Historical Fiction
Romance
Fantasy
Classic Literature
Nonfiction
Post-apocalyptic
Other

Terminus

For me, Science Fiction is king. My favorite authors are; Issac Asimov; Ben Bova; and Larry Niven. If you like good SF, try them.

I guess sci-fi, more so the far flung futuristic stuff (i'm a space girl) i love the cyberpunk sub-genre and have read of lot from it.

You just keep getting cooler and cooler.

Wow... You put both Sci-Fi and Fantasy on there...
I'll give my reasoning for Sci-Fi here: Because it's got a vast scope with actual explanations for things, and in an intelligent mind it all seems plausible. I'm all about figuring out how something would happen. Even in fantasy, I'm the one drawing elf skulls and wyrm vertebra and wyvern feathers, writing about how to set water on fie magically, etc etc. Sci-Fi cuts my work out for me.
It can apply to steampunk, dystopian, and genetics. It's all science.
Every TV show I watch is either geeky or Sci-Fi. Eureka(canceled), Firefly(canceled) and Mythbusters. I'm heavily considering watching some Dr. Who, but my schedule will not allow it. I haven't even watched Mythbusters in weeks. But you get the idea--it's one of my favorite genres.
I'm a certified GEEK and I kind of have to... It's in my blood to love science, and I must say I really don't like modern, basic stories or mysteries. Straying from that, Sci_Fi is a fabulous genre that easily takes the cake. Which is not a lie, it was there, and how could I lie about this?
Yes, my video games are Sci-Fi, too, aside from Zelda. And I RP in Sci-Fi, I'm modding one of two Sci-Fi Rps ever on this site.
But I chose fantasy, because it's easier to find fantasy novels that are geared towards young adults and I can't resist dragons.
I STILL LIKE SCI-FI BETTER.

Terminus

Wow... You put both Sci-Fi and Fantasy on there...
I'll give my reasoning for Sci-Fi here: Because it's got a vast scope with actual explanations for things, and in an intelligent mind it all seems plausible. I'm all about figuring out how something would happen. Even in fantasy, I'm the one drawing elf skulls and wyrm vertebra and wyvern feathers, writing about how to set water on fie magically, etc etc. Sci-Fi cuts my work out for me.
It can apply to steampunk, dystopian, and genetics. It's all science.
Every TV show I watch is either geeky or Sci-Fi. Eureka(canceled), Firefly(canceled) and Mythbusters. I'm heavily considering watching some Dr. Who, but my schedule will not allow it. I haven't even watched Mythbusters in weeks. But you get the idea--it's one of my favorite genres.
I'm a certified GEEK and I kind of have to... It's in my blood to love science, and I must say I really don't like modern, basic stories or mysteries. Straying from that, Sci_Fi is a fabulous genre that easily takes the cake. Which is not a lie, it was there, and how could I lie about this?
Yes, my video games are Sci-Fi, too, aside from Zelda. And I RP in Sci-Fi, I'm modding one of two Sci-Fi Rps ever on this site.
But I chose fantasy, because it's easier to find fantasy novels that are geared towards young adults and I can't resist dragons.
I STILL LIKE SCI-FI BETTER.

1) Multi-choice poll
2) If you have time for online streaming, New Who can be seen at Project Free TV :: Doctor Who (2005) :: Season 5. All current series, not just 5, are there.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm fond of magic and adventure, so fantasy/adventure and a little bit of sci-fi thrown in there is what suits me the best :)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
There isn't really a certain genre I like the best. I guess just fiction in general because I don't really like non-fiction.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Action & Adventure wasn't on there & I didn't want to pick "other", so I picked fantasy. When I think about fantasy stories, I think of all the cool creatures that live in then & what would I be in that story. That's also why I like RPGs & cosplay, but I might get off topic if I talk about that.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I enjoy Realistic Sci-Fi. The type were it's near future and could happen but we don't know for sure. I've read quite a few like that and particularly enjoy Corey Doctorow. Aside from that genre, I like Fantasy stuff like Neil Gaiman's work, and Horror novels are nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom