• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite and Least Favorite Dungeon

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Favorite dungeon would have to go the Ganon's Tower from ALttP. I mean THIS is how a final dungeon is done. Not those half dungeons you see in OoT or WW or TP or even worse no final dungeon in MM. It incorporated use of almost all items, and had the Light World bosses return.
Least favorite is probably Inside the Deku Tree from OoT, it's just too easy.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
My favorite temple is actually a tie, because I cannot for the life of me decide between them:

My favorites are the City in the Sky (Twilight Princess) and the Forest Temple (Ocarina of Time).
My reasons for so are simple: I love the designs of the temples, the puzzles, the music and the bosses were very satisfying. (:
I could go into total detail, but I'll refrain.

Now my least favorite is the Woodfall Temple (Majora's Mask).
I really... hate the layout, it was too short and blindingly easy. I did not even need a walkthrough for it. At all. And that's huge for me. xD
The boss fight was a joke, and the whole design was very claustrophobic. I don't like small dungeons, really. Big is better for me. -shot'd-

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Favourite: Great Bay Temple (MM)
I find the water flow mechanisms very intuitive. The dungeon is also very industrial-like, which is an interesting departure from what you normally see in Zelda. The bosses are also challenging and fun.

Least Favourite: City in the Sky (TP)
The concept of this dungeon is good, but I can't stand its execution. Sure, the puzzles are good and the dungeon item is amazing, but CitS feels like a chore. It's far too long! Not to mention the Oocca, a race I highly dislike, live there. Oh, the music is annoying too.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Favorite: City in the Sky. Least favorite: Stone Tower Temple.

I'd rather play through the water temple of OoT 10 times than the stone tower temple just once. Yeah, really.

Ahh, please explain further. STT is my favourite dungeon of the whole series and I want to know what you hate about it, specifically why in your opinion the most hated dungeon for me, which is the Forsaken Fortress (on the first visit), is apparently better. (Note that I do respect everyones' opinions, but I'd like to hear the reasons :) )

My favorites are probably the Spirit Temple, and Stone Tower.
My least favorites are easily the forest temple and the Great Bay Temple, that place makes the water temple look like a kidee pool.

You never told me you hated the Forest Temple. And I thought Jabu-Jabu's Belly was your least favorite dungeon in OoT anyway. How can you hate the Forest Temple though? The music is epic and fits the temple well, the enemies and environment go well together, and even though the boss isn't a foresty boss, he still fits the spooky, eerie theme of the Forest Temple perfectly. Everything about the Forest Temple just fits so well together. I've never, EVER heard you talk negatively of the Forest Temple before.

Unless you're talking about the Forest Temple in TP, but I don't know if you've gotten to that point in the game yet. Besides, I don't see how one could hate it above all other dungeons in the game, since it's a pretty average dungeon.

Anyway, of the games I've played:

Ocarina of Time
Favorites: Forest Temple, Spirit Temple, and Water Temple
Least Favorites: Dodongo's Cavern, (it's an ugly dungeon, and I hate having to wear the Hylian Shield as a child) Jabu-Jabu's Belly, and Shadow Temple. I still like the Shadow Temple, but it's kinda boring. I love the boss and boat ride, though.

Majora's Mask
Favorite: Stone Tower Temple easily. It's epic, the music is epic, and it was the easiest dungeon in Majora's Mask for me, unlike everyone else on the planet. I like the mini-bosses too, but the Boss was probably my least favorite of MM.
Least Favorite: I don't hate any of the dungeons in MM, but I suppose Woodfall Temple is my least favorite. It's kinda boring and difficult for such an early dungeon, especially the first time through, where you have only three hearts.

The Wind Waker
Favorites: Ganon's Tower, followed by Dragon Roost Cavern, followed by the Wind Temple, even though the Wind Temple drives me nuts and it does absolutely everything possible to inconvenience and annoy you. The dungeon designer of the Wind Waker was trollfacin' when he designed that temple. The boss makes up for all of it though.
Least Favorite: Tower of the Gods. The puzzles are slow and tedious, and there's that one room where you have to bring a statue over to a switch on the other side of the room with a Beamos in the way, and if you get hit, it's absolute -blam!- to get the statue again without getting blasted.

Twilight Princess
Favorite: Arbiter's Grounds,
Least Favorite: Palace of Twilight. It's just kind of a lame little half-dungeon, and I can't say I like the atmosphere. Getting the sols where they need to be are annoying, too.

Last edited:

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Prepare for a long list of all the games I've played(enough. You'll probably gasp when you find out I haven't really played TP).

Favorite OoT: Umm, probably the Spirit Temple.
Least Favorite OoT: DEFINITELY the Shadow Temple. You have no idea how much I hate that place.

Favorite MM: I really don't know. I really don't like any of them. I don't hate them all, I just don't like any of them.
Least Favorite MM: Great Bay Temple. That place is pure death.

Favorite Seasons: Dancing Dragon Dungeon. Pretty much only because of the music.
Least Favorite Seasons: Sword and Shield Maze. That place is HARD.

Favorite Ages: I don't really have a favorite…
Least Favorite Ages: Either Crown Dungeon(because of the boss) or Jabu Jabu's Belly(because of it's pure death).

Favorite WW: Ganon's Castle.
Least Favorite WW: Tower of Gods is pretty annoying.

Favorite MC: Likely the wind place. (I don't remember the name)
Least Favorite MC: Dark Hyrule Castle. (It's harder then the Vaati himself!)

Yep, no Twilight Princess…
I think it's far too hard… and to be honest, I'm scared of some things.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ahh, please explain further. STT is my favourite dungeon of the whole series and I want to know what you hate about it, specifically why in your opinion the most hated dungeon for me, which is the Forsaken Fortress (on the first visit), is apparently better. (Note that I do respect everyones' opinions, but I'd like to hear the reasons :) )

Oh, I'd be happy to tell you the reason. Stone Tower Temple is ANNOYING. You must go back and forth between right side up and upside down OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN if you want to get all the stray faries. Also, it's kinda long. TOO long for it's level of annoyingness. It drives me to the brink of insanity. Seriously. The boss battle was kinda fun though. I have to admit that much.

Favorites:

Misery Mire (Link to the Past)
Snowpeak Ruins (Twilight Princess)
Ancient Tomb (Oracle of Ages)

Least favorite: City in the Sky or Lakebed Temple

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh, I'd be happy to tell you the reason. Stone Tower Temple is ANNOYING. You must go back and forth between right side up and upside down OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN if you want to get all the stray faries. Also, it's kinda long. TOO long for it's level of annoyingness. It drives me to the brink of insanity. Seriously. The boss battle was kinda fun though. I have to admit that much.

Yeah, you definitely have a valid point there with the multiple flipping thing, especially if you play it for the first time and don't know what to do but still decide to get all the fairies then you have to switch it a lot. They could have placed you just at the dungeon entrance after flipping, but no you have to activate all the blocks with the Link statues again. But I'm OK with the general length of the dungeon, in fact I like it. I guess they made all the dungeons in MM longer because there are only 4 main dungeons so it equals out a bit. Plus the last dungeon in a Zelda game is always kinda long (Death Mountain (LoZ), Great Palace (AoL), Ganon's Tower (aLttP and OoT), Turtle Rock (LA)....) only in the newer games they have reduced that (Ganon's tower (WW), Hyrule Castle (TP)) :/

Twilight

Storming Twilight
Ocarina of Time
Favorite:
Haven't defined yet. D:
Least Favorite: Water Temple, because it's so hard, and one more reason I can't remember.

Majora's Mask
Favorite:
Stone Tower Temple
Least Favorite: I don't really get one least favorite here :P

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Ocarina of Time:
Best: Water Temple (only the boots have bad mechanics, the dungeon is not difficult).
Worst: Shadow Temple (especially in MQ due to no major changes).

Majora's Mask:
Best: Great Bay Temple (like Water Temple, I love this dungeon, but I hate Gyorg - best dungeon, worst boss).
Worst: Woodfall Temple (I don't like this place. In my first playthrough, Odolwa was harder than Ganon for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom