• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Fantasy Cliches Zelda Must Avoid

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
One that I never want to see is the "You must atone for the great evil you have done" some fantasy stories have. I feel these stories get far too melodramatic and angsty for my taste. Also, for a series that places so much emphasis on gameplay it would be really jarring to be playing as a badass evil-slaying hero in combat but then have his character act all mopey and depressed over something he did in the past. It's just such a drag, I don't want to deal with all that moral quandary in my Zelda games, I just wanna fight!

This may be off topic but one of the themes that kind of bothers me is the one team or the other trope.

For example, in OoT Ganondorf helps Ingo take over Lon Lon Ranch. It seems like Ganondorf would have better things to do than worry about a ranch, even a sizable one.

One thing I would like to see would be third party involvement. In my head, it goes one of two ways.

-Someone as powerful as Ganondorf (without the Triforce of Power) who is after it to make their own wish. Might make for an interesting new dimension to the games.
OR
-The gods get tired of the Triforce being used to wage wars or as an excuse for humans to fight each other so they send a lesser deity to strip the Triforce from Link, Zelda and Ganondorf and take it back to wherever the gods live. Part of the game would be to fight THAT character and release the Triforce back to either the Sacred Realm or to the previous holders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom