• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Gj I think you're town

In hijackers you were a lot more confident with your reads and here you're putting off an air of uncertainty, which I don't think is forced or intentional.

funnier6

Courage~
I know all this talk about obvious scum funnier is gonna come back to bite me in the ass when it there's a time that funnier's actually scum and I town read him. Lol.
Let’s hope that day comes soon. ;)
Funnier immedietely jumping to lynch him, yeah it seems weird.
Are you unaware of RVS?
So either you're claiming cult, a suicidal mafia, or you're a Jester. Otherwise you're spewing nonsense.
This either either either either stuff is nonsense. Come to a conclusion will you?
Because scum tend to be more careful in general for obvious reasons, and because it would completely go against your playstyle in the last game, in which you were town. Why chose to direct your dismissive reply to me in particular when I was only agreeing with a point that Moe made?
Because Moe does that all the time and I’ve grown used to him, you I’ve hardly played with so I wanted to know.
My initial post was RVS, but I'm starting to wonder if he's a jester.
oh my god I've become Yig.
This whole jester thing is going to end up being a paranoia fest, if ever everyone feels someone actually could be a jester we’ll hope for someone to shoot them and lynch someone else.

Also I’m positive Yiga is town or at least third party, pretty sure mafia Yiga just doesn’t do this.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
By the way, @Spiritual Mask Salesman welcome back. What's your opinion on no lynching?
Are you serious? Or joking? If you're serious, I've always felt that the majority agreeing on a no lynch is a waste of a day. I'm not really sure how things work with the games here anymore, and I only played in like 3 or 4 games on this Forum in the past. I gained the most of my Mafia experience playing over on the Zelda Universe Forum back in 2015-2016. Over there, the Mafia can't cordinate during nights until after the first day. So Day 1 is really the only Day where the town has an advantage over the Mafia. So it's crucial to lynch. Atleast that was always how I approached ZU Mafia games, based on their setups.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Are you serious? Or joking? If you're serious, I've always felt that the majority agreeing on a no lynch is a waste of a day. I'm not really sure how things work with the games here anymore, and I only played in like 3 or 4 games on this Forum in the past. I gained the most of my Mafia experience playing over on the Zelda Universe Forum back in 2015-2016. Over there, the Mafia can't cordinate during nights until after the first day. So Day 1 is really the only Day where the town has an advantage over the Mafia. So it's crucial to lynch. Atleast that was always how I approached ZU Mafia games, based on their setups.
Mostly joking, but it's also an insight into how a person plays and views the game. It isn't helpful for reading as much as for understanding.
Thank you for your cooperation.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Wtf is RVS?
Random Voting Stage. Day One isn't taken super seriously here usually because we don't have any information from flips or night actions or often even a real grasp on the situation. So we joke around and have fun the first few hours of the day, having promiscuous votes and getting drunk on jokes that aren't as funny as we think they are. So usually the first few pages around here are full of nonsense before people settle into what's going on.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Random Voting Stage. Day One isn't taken super seriously here usually because we don't have any information from flips or night actions or often even a real grasp on the situation. So we joke around and have fun the first few hours of the day, having promiscuous votes and getting drunk on jokes that aren't as funny as we think they are. So usually the first few pages around here are full of nonsense before people settle into what's going on.
Oh, ok. See, on ZU's Mafia board they actually take Day 1 seriously. In fact unlike here, if people don't actively post Day 1 they will get modkilled and replaced. Like I already pointed out, most of my experience with Mafia was from playing over there, so my playstyle kind of ended up being shaped around their rules and stuff.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
Maybe I can put into words my feelings about funnier/minish/yiga. Funnier is definitely suspicious to me, so I think he's just the wolf in there. If he is a wolf I don't see minish being so wishywashy as his partner- she claims to know certainly when he's going to be a wolf, why throw that away?
If funnier is town, minish could be setting up for a position where she can hop on the wagon without looking suspicious for it.
Then yiga is just there because I don't like being wrong and don't think he's aligned with either funnier or minish.

It's stuff like this that makes me just call it a guess

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Okay, why do you people care so much about roleclaims? I get that in this case you had a specific plan that required roleclaims to be in the game, but this complaint has been going around for a while now, and I don't see why having infinite roleclaims would help make the game more fun in any way. Care to enlighten me?

Initially the setup allowed for no role-claiming whatsoever, which is pretty unacceptable, probably. Having the ability to say, "I'm the cop and here are my results" is an important part of the game that shouldn't be removed.

I prefer unlimited roleclaims to limited roleclaims, but no roleclaims was pretty upsetting to me.

-

I can talk to you about why I prefer infinite roleclaims to limited roleclaims if you'd like, but it'll sidetrack the game. Ultimately it comes down to people claiming and fake claiming and counter claiming and speculating on a validity of people's claims more often, which is a very fun and exciting part of the game for me. Mass claims rarely break setups, and generally when they do, it's for the best because it means that town's already in a such an advantageous position that they deserve to win.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Oh, ok. See, on ZU's Mafia board they actually take Day 1 seriously. In fact unlike here, if people don't actively post Day 1 they will get modkilled and replaced. Like I already pointed out, most of my experience with Mafia was from playing over there, so my playstyle kind of ended up being shaped around their rules and stuff.
Fair enough. One of the main reasons that we don't worry that much about Day One is because scum always have daytalk around here. There's no point where the town is better organized than the mafia. In fact, during the start of day one, with nothing to go off, we just don't know what to do. So there's where the difference comes in I guess.

Maybe I can put into words my feelings about funnier/minish/yiga. Funnier is definitely suspicious to me, so I think he's just the wolf in there. If he is a wolf I don't see minish being so wishywashy as his partner- she claims to know certainly when he's going to be a wolf, why throw that away?
If funnier is town, minish could be setting up for a position where she can hop on the wagon without looking suspicious for it.
Then yiga is just there because I don't like being wrong and don't think he's aligned with either funnier or minish.

It's stuff like this that makes me just call it a guess
Isn't funnier always suspicious to you?

Initially the setup allowed for no role-claiming whatsoever, which is pretty unacceptable, probably. Having the ability to say, "I'm the cop and here are my results" is an important part of the game that shouldn't be removed.

I prefer unlimited roleclaims to limited roleclaims, but no roleclaims was pretty upsetting to me.

-

I can talk to you about why I prefer infinite roleclaims to limited roleclaims if you'd like, but it'll sidetrack the game. Ultimately it comes down to people claiming and fake claiming and counter claiming and speculating on a validity of people's claims more often, which is a very fun and exciting part of the game for me. Mass claims rarely break setups, and generally when they do, it's for the best because it means that town's already in a such an advantageous position that they deserve to win.
Yeah, thats fair enough. I would like to continue this conversation though. Since it's not necessarily linked to this game in itself, and is instead a discussion of mafia philosophy, would you like to move this to the Discord?

Now for my general take on things:
I'm not sure who's scum yet. There are a lot of things that I would usually consider to be scumreads, but they're normal for the players (like Moe's goddamned hunches he keeps going on about). When you get into mechanical arguments and basic mafia philosophy, a lot of posts are NAI. The main person I want to call out is Krow. My initial post was RVS, but I'm starting to wonder if he's a jester.
oh my god I've become Yig.
Unvote

Yeah, no. I would love to claim for you, but my role should be obvious by now even without claiming.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
We're going to get along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom