• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Plenty of others including myself agreed with Souls case. That’s the issue with meta reading. It can be manipulated, so those perspectives looking at it from a whole new perspective are more likely to catch the lie.

Also Souls reason for the inactivity comment was because Storm made a comment abouttalkers getting lynched.

vote: Echolight

I don’t doubt mafia is hiding amongst one of the more inactive players and echo has contributed the least. I also agree with Jinjos stance about voting towards EOD. Waiting till the last minute is for trying to get an easy lynch.

Some of you guys defended Storm at first, saying he need time to defend himself and post, but later changed positions after Soul posted a bit more.

I don't have a strong read on Soul, she's neutral right now, but I was just pointing out that she was the one who started the whole Storm issue. If she was scum, Storm would have been an easy target to eliminate because of his play style. But personally I feel her posts are earnest, which signals town. So I'm pretty lost on whether she's scum or not. That's why I asked what you guys thought of this.

I promise I'm town. I know that probably won't help, but yeah. I'm town. I promise. I've just been busy. I've been making posters all day without many chances to come check ZD. It's something for school btw

Mint Elv

Fish!
That's fair. And I'm really sorry that happened.
But I don't like to vote someone without a good reason. And right now I'm having a hard time finding potential scum. It really irks me when players vote immediately before others have time to post and distinguish themselves from others. I don't vote lightly, but only when I find someone that I find scummy. And that usually happens towards the end of a phase, when I'm able to analyze their posts and tone.

But I'll try to make sure I vote soon enough that the person I'm voting will have time to defend themselves. I definitely won't vote last second.
Voting is a great way to pressure someone. You can say “I suspect you so answer my questions.” But if you’re not voting them then why should they be worried? It’s when there’s a large amount of votes before they have a chance at defense that it becomes a problem.
Some of you guys defended Storm at first, saying he need time to defend himself and post, but later changed positions after Soul posted a bit more
Not really. Some defended him with meta, but some like me didn’t defend him, just didn’t want to make the votes impossible to reverse before heaving them a chance at a defense.
promise I'm town. I know that probably won't help, but yeah. I'm town. I promise. I've just been busy. I've been making posters all day without many chances to come check ZD. It's something for school btw
It’s not just today though. Day phases are 72 hours and night phases 48 hours. Game has been going on for 120hours + yet there’s been almost nothing from you. And some of that time was on a weekend when school is usually out. I understand homework and stuff, but there should have been at least a little bit of time in all of that to contribute.

Do you still think that it's a good idea to lynch Ex when it gets slow?

I personally have a strong feeling that Ex is town. A game requiring the host's death to win doesn't seem like something Ex would do. And earlier in Day 1, Minish talked about the negative consequences that had happened in other games on Bulbagarden, which Ex is active on.
And if it was necessary to lynch the host, it would become more apparent as the game goes on. I don't think lynching the host this phase would do anything productive when we are supposed to be scum hunting. If town numbers dwindle and we still haven't successfully lynched any mafia, then I might consider lynching Ex. But only then. Only when it's necessary. That's my position on it.

Anyway, here's some thing that stuck out to me about Soul:
  • Reminds me of myself when I played my first game
  • Seems earnest and sincere
  • Is always pushing players for activity and new posts
  • High poster
  • Sees inactivity as scumtell
Soul was the first player that wanted Storm to be lynched. She was the one who convinced the other players to vote for him. And he turned out to be town. But it was just the first day, which are always hard. She may have just been wrong. But other payers explained to her why Storm was playing like he normally does, but she pushed for a lynch anyway, just because of inactivity.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

“Just because of inactivity” is a very disingenuous take - made easier by not actually quoting what I said when I voted Storm. :<

If this is your idea to make me look amongsus (lol) to prevent a protection role from thinking of defending me in the night because you want to eat me tonight (personally I would not recommend that, trust me on this at least, even if I want to hunt you and eat your yummy wolf meat xD), then you will need to quote my post with the vote and of when I quoted Storm’s posts and you would see why I voted Storm which was definitely not “Just because of inactivity”. :)

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
“Just because of inactivity” is a very disingenuous take - made easier by not actually quoting what I said when I voted Storm. :<

If this is your idea to make me look amongsus (lol) to prevent a protection role from thinking of defending me in the night because you want to eat me tonight (personally I would not recommend that, trust me on this at least, even if I want to hunt you and eat your yummy wolf meat xD), then you will need to quote my post with the vote and of when I quoted Storm’s posts and you would see why I voted Storm which was definitely not “Just because of inactivity”. :)

You wanted to lynch him because he made an excuse for inactivity right??

Voting is a great way to pressure someone. You can say “I suspect you so answer my questions.” But if you’re not voting them then why should they be worried? It’s when there’s a large amount of votes before they have a chance at defense that it becomes a problem.

That's a good point, actually. I've never looked at it that way before, I'll keep that in mind.

It’s not just today though. Day phases are 72 hours and night phases 48 hours. Game has been going on for 120hours + yet there’s been almost nothing from you. And some of that time was on a weekend when school is usually out. I understand homework and stuff, but there should have been at least a little bit of time in all of that to contribute.

I had to work all day last Friday. I had my birthday on Saturday. Sunday I'm busy. And during the week I work after school until the evening. By then I just want to relax. But I do try to post when I can.

I'll definitely try to up the number of posts from now on. I'm really sorry townies, I didn't mean to let you guys down.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
If this is your idea to make me look amongsus (lol) to prevent a protection role from thinking of defending me in the night because you want to eat me tonight (personally I would not recommend that, trust me on this at least, even if I want to hunt you and eat your yummy wolf meat xD

Ew. I'm not doing any such thing. I simply wanted to investigate the potential of you being scum. It seems most players think you're town, which I'm starting to lean towards now anyways

You wanted to lynch him because he made an excuse for inactivity right??

He did, and then posted later saying he will post later and then didn’t follow on that. I don’t recall that the meta defending had to do with that. He made an excuse and then when he said he would actually post later, he didn’t, which is very different than a player just not posting. If there was anyone more suspicious to me, I would vote for them, but I don’t think anybody voted anyone else and the ExLight vote felt like a waste to me…This is why it is very important that people get together and do stuff, so the day doesn’t just end up being about one or two people :u.

Ew. I'm not doing any such thing. I simply wanted to investigate the potential of you being scum. It seems most players think you're town, which I'm starting to lean towards now anyways

I have my guard up on whoever lies on me… from experience…

Even if it seems most people think I am Town that’s not what should be important… sometimes it’s good to just go with your feeling and do the opposite not just because of what others say.

Nah, I have abilities which can strongarm people into doing things. I was going to force 15337 to target PK so the cop shot at least wasn't wasted on Ex, but due to storm dying, I don't want to strongarm someone who could instead end up using a triple-something tonight. I thought if I was going to be a bit of a jerk and make 15337 target non-ex, I could at least target the player of their choice.

This also could have possibly caught 15337 in a lie depending on what else they said because my ability has some rolestop powers as well, but again that has drawbacks to the whole "ability madness" thing going on tonight, so I've decided to holster.

This is actually a role manipulation… which I think is usually wolfy…

But you are revealing it, and saying that you will not use it… if you are a wolf, you put yourself at a disadvantage from using it to prevent villagers from using their role like they want to…

@KingofDominaria what do you think of this information and does it change your vote interest?

Also… if you are busy with a much more important game, then why not sub out? There are people who can take your place :)

btw btw… does anyone care about who I think the puppet persom is?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
He did, and then posted later saying he will post later and then didn’t follow on that. I don’t recall that the meta defending had to do with that. He made an excuse and then when he said he would actually post later, he didn’t, which is very different than a player just not posting. If there was anyone more suspicious to me, I would vote for them, but I don’t think anybody voted anyone else and the ExLight vote felt like a waste to me…This is why it is very important that people get together and do stuff, so the day doesn’t just end up being about one or two people :u.

At least we agree about Ex lol

Yeah I can understand that, but why would a mafia player say they would post and then disappear? If I was mafia, I would want to absolutely make sure I looked good to town. Back in Day 1, I just thought Storm forgot or got caught up in stuff. It didn't scream scum to me. Wouldn't scum make more, idk, calculated posts? Wouldn't they try their best to get on the townies good side?

I think we see scumtell differently.

Storms posts are pretty much chaos

But that's all in the past. I think you made the decision you thought was right, and you honestly believed them to be scum.

At least we agree about Ex lol

Yeah I can understand that, but why would a mafia player say they would post and then disappear? If I was mafia, I would want to absolutely make sure I looked good to town. Back in Day 1, I just thought Storm forgot or got caught up in stuff. It didn't scream scum to me. Wouldn't scum make more, idk, calculated posts? Wouldn't they try their best to get on the townies good side?

I think we see scumtell differently.

Storms posts are pretty much chaos

But that's all in the past. I think you made the decision you thought was right, and you honestly believed them to be scum.

They would disappear in hopes of not getting attention and get caught. I’ve seen it before, but I am like a hunter xD. A person at the table, talking in the beginning, saying they are thinking things through, then not participating in the votes and they live another day…This may be what’s different in Mafia because a person is always present and we usually put attention to the non voters and usually find at least one wolf from there.

They would disappear in hopes of not getting attention and get caught. I’ve seen it before, but I am like a hunter xD. A person at the table, talking in the beginning, saying they are thinking things through, then not participating in the votes and they live another day…This may be what’s different in Mafia because a person is always present and we usually put attention to the non voters and usually find at least one wolf from there.

You said you are new and which is it? Are you new to mafia forum, new playing on this forum but have played elsewhere on another forum? I saw you say you played mafia game in real life. I have also played and from my experience we are all told to pick who we think is mafia.

I assume you mean the puppeteer role, who do you think they are?

i would rather share it when more people approve, it might reveal more sensitive role info, but then whoever disagrees might be doing it to hide their own role and it makes them a target…

DawningWinds told me it does not mean alignment so i guess right now it is not that important :(

You said you are new and which is it? Are you new to mafia forum, new playing on this forum but have played elsewhere on another forum? I saw you say you played mafia game in real life. I have also played and from my experience we are all told to pick who we think is mafia.

New to forum Mafia. My boyfriend has played forum Mafia though so he told me some things :)

PK's plan of hoarding items is bad. I'm not even sure if you can use more than one item at a time, so hoarding them would allow a lot of good items to go to waste. But also, the idea of hoarding items seems scummy? If you announce that you're going to buy and hoard all the items you can, then scum can just wait til you have a bunch and then kill you, effectively wasting a bunch of items. Which makes me wonder if PK didn't think about that because they're scum and weren't worried about being nk'd.

I think earlier I mentioned that I thought that this was a really good point by Minish… and very villagery thinking… which reading a lot makes me think Minish is on my side. I do not think the hoarding is wolfy itself but the announcement of it does not help Town much. One role is different than multiple ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom