• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Everything is Backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
in retrospect i guess i could have just said yes

oops

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Just as a public clarification because I don't think I mentioned it before:

The dead vote will appear in the vote counts but will not be attached to a name.
did you read the rules
I'm not a double voter, the vote on rubik is from the graveyard
so right now rubik is at 1 and kirino is at 2

Yeah I realized with what Tristan said and went to reread the rules.

At this point I'm feeling better about Ex because of his graveyard suggestion and his vote on Kirino. Scum wouldn't needlessly bus scum, so I'm feeling a town lean on Ex. I'm standing by my idea that Kirino is trying to pocket Ex in hopes of making him look scummy.

funnier6

Courage~
@funnier6 Is the only reason behind your Naga suspicion the fact that they're not doing much?
I'm not really one to talk, but you've got to have better suspicions than that
Maybe if you actually read my posts you would know

sips tea
Honestly, while I am the person who supported a Naga lynch yesterday, the reasonings from both funnier and Rag feel kinda weak to me. It's day 2..... we should be able to have better reasons to read people than just "A person that was suspicious of them died" or "You aren't bringing much to the table right now".
If we should have better reasons then why dont you have any

I'm voting Naga because I believe A, B, C, and D are town and that leaves quite a small pool of people to work with. You don't need great reasons to think someone is scum, you just need great reason to think a lot of people are town. Naga is more underwhelming than I've ever seen him, Rubik, Ex, Rag, and Johnny all seem pretty dang town.
I think it's interesting that Kirino states he found me suspicious but he didn't act on it. With so little info on D1, why would you not use your takes and vote accordingly? That coupled with saying scum will defend scum more readily is something else that ping for me.
I don't really understand your process here. Why does him finding you suspicious but not doing anything couple with scum defending more easily. If anything he should be able to push you harder since there will be no alignment flip and nobody will know if he was right. Saying scum will defend scum more readily is just common sense, and contradicts what you just said. If you think Kirino believes scum would be playing more blatantly in this setup then why did he not go after you? There was no reason not to, unless you were scum with him, which is the weirdest part of this argument

funnier6

Courage~
Given that you switched, I feel Ex is playing a weird scum game, or you're scum pocketing him to gain town cred and swing a town lynch on him if you're lynched at any point.
???? If Kirino gets lynched we're just going to magically know that he was scum and lynch Ex based on it? There's no way anyone's gonna swing a lynch anywhere from the grave except by the graveyard vote.
we should attempt to communicate with them prolly

@Morbid Minish, @Poyzin, @Spiritual Mask Salesman
we can prolly ask yes/no questions to you and you can move your votes to a certain player to answer
we can also ask you more complex questions with you moving them to a specific player for each answer

idk if it's a bit too late to start doing this but we can prolly ask what kind of role each person claimed in the GY and who hasn't claimed or something like this
@Mellow Ezlo since dead players are still in the game and don't have host knowledge are they allowed to react to in-game posts?
Could that also be used as a communication method?
This feels kind cheaty/weird but also really cool if we're allowed to do it, I'm always to communicate with Min's dead spirit
Also just a thought but its possible based on minish's rolename that she was a PGO and poy was the mafia gunman. That could be worth reading into as well, although it will ultimately probably just point back to naga again.
That's a cool thought but I've never heard of a PGO that kills themself, which is implied by the suicide part. I guess it could be but it's weird
I don't feel too invested in who we lynch at this point because it feels like there's so little to go off and that whether or not lynches hit is going to be more or less random in practice. It might actually be worthwhile to pick someone at random and pile on them just to reduce the amount of sway the mafia has over the lynch, assuming that kind of strategy is kosher here.
Same. I really dont like that any lynch could swing anywhere and we have no way of knowing whether they last minute lynched scum or last minute misdirected us off scum into town. Just wayyy too much wine. I do think we're in a pretty good spot but that could easily be ruined since the votes can be manipulated with without much fear of consequence.
@funnier6 I was actually forgetting you were in the game, this isn't a good sign
It's almost like I'm really busy or something.

Reactions: Pen

funnier6

Courage~
i was told i now have a one-shot vig that can be used starting tonight
Would you like suggestions or
Yeah I realized with what Tristan said and went to reread the rules.

At this point I'm feeling better about Ex because of his graveyard suggestion and his vote on Kirino. Scum wouldn't needlessly bus scum, so I'm feeling a town lean on Ex. I'm standing by my idea that Kirino is trying to pocket Ex in hopes of making him look scummy.
Johnny honestly how the heck can you say "scum wouldn't bus scum" do you have a red check on Kirino?

Anyway I still think Rube looks really good, like, call me ignorant but I don't really care that graveyard thinks he's scum for some reason and I don't really care about what I got from my role it just doesn't fit with anything. Especially he apparently bloody gave Rag a vig shot. Even if they were both scum (they are not) who the heck informs the town oh hi yes I have abilities that can potentially give the scum team an extra night kill hahahaha no. If they were scum together they wouldve made up some bull thing that sounded convincing without leaving themselves open to the same reasoning me and Ex used to get Doc/Deku mislynched. I just checked the rules and apparently -LO is announced so at least we'll find out how many scum are left whenever it's really important.

Ex is still being the antithesis to that fake melodramatic pile of apathy he was in superman, I get that his vote looks weird and bad but I dont really care

Rag has probably posted more content then all the games I've seen her as scum combined

Johnny has been really on the ball, I cant remember the last time he really cased someone the way he cased Kirino and put the work in to ISO especially when he's also been engaging a lot in whatever's going on and being coherent for the most part

Everyone else I wouldn't really mind lynching, still wanna hear from @Pen but I really think the remaining scum are in Naga/Kirino/Deku/Pen unless I'm getting hecka bamboozled (which is possible but I can accept the loss, this game be rough)

@Mellow Ezlo can we get a vote count and an answer to Ex's questions

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
This feels kind cheaty/weird but also really cool if we're allowed to do it, I'm always to communicate with Min's dead spirit
The asking questions part is completely fair game and it really doesn't break any rules and I'll call it bull if it's not allowed since it's literally us playing crazy and talking to nothing here hoping they reply and I don't see how is this any more sane than using an ouija board. Just the reaction bit is somewhat morally ambiguous so I'm waiting for that cuz that one would make things a lot easier (and would give me reaction points which is cool lmfao)

We gotta find a way to coordinate the questions and still be able to know who they want to be voted out, though.
We need to find how long we're going to wait for them to answer through; if we give them around 12h response time we can ask like 5 questions, 24h response time is like 2. Which is honestly a bit of a pain because if feels like way too little.

A few suggestion of questions I'd have is asking them whether their roles are investigative/protective/communicative/disruptive/miscellaneous to get semi-claims, asking who they're scum reading inside the very graveyard, trying to obtain explanation of some of the events, etc.
We should take some time today to figure out how to ask and max efficiency, as well as figuring out how to consistently verify if they're answering our questions like expected.
We can't get TOO focused on this to the point of becoming the main core of the game though, but it's a nice beginning and it can help overcome some of extra difficulties from this setup.

I really want a Kirino lynch but the fact they're going after Rubik is making me really curious since it might've been decision caused by a slip or by role info. Idk which role would get that info though since if Min was a one-shot-self-PGO like it seems Poy targeted her and SMS never had the chance to do anything. I think I'll stick with Kirino and hope Rubik isn't scum doing batcrazy ****.

Vote: Kirino

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Oh, I just thought of something
What if Minish was a self-sacrificing Vig and hit a bulletproof? And Poy was the mafia kill?

This could prolly be a good question too, and could explain how they'd get info about rubik considering the speculated roles so far

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Scum killing minish seems a lot more likely to me than scum killing poy in most situations.

I feel like it's kind of unlikely that Minish would suicide n1 intentionally to trade 1 for 1 regardless of alignment. That seems like a poor move unless she's a likely lynch or nk. She could have done it unintentionally, but it doesn't seem like a move she'd make if she had a choice.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I don't really understand your process here. Why does him finding you suspicious but not doing anything couple with scum defending more easily. If anything he should be able to push you harder since there will be no alignment flip and nobody will know if he was right. Saying scum will defend scum more readily is just common sense, and contradicts what you just said. If you think Kirino believes scum would be playing more blatantly in this setup then why did he not go after you? There was no reason not to, unless you were scum with him, which is the weirdest part of this argument
Sorry, I didn't explain that well enough. This are two mutually exclusive ideas. Scum defending scum statement felt like it was scummy because he was hard defending Ex at the time. It's separate from his inaction to vote a suspicion, but both add to being seen as scummy imo.

???? If Kirino gets lynched we're just going to magically know that he was scum and lynch Ex based on it? There's no way anyone's gonna swing a lynch anywhere from the grave except by the graveyard vote.
Kinda? I'm having a weird thought here, but suicide gunner is very ominous compared to the other roles of those who died so far. I think roles will give an idea of who's who. I'm hinging a bet that we'd get some info just from seeing what a role is.

Johnny honestly how the heck can you say "scum wouldn't bus scum" do you have a red check on Kirino?
I don't. But if scum is more likely to defend scum, they're much less likely to bus when flips aren't as apparent.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I feel like it's kind of unlikely that Minish would suicide n1 intentionally to trade 1 for 1 regardless of alignment. That seems like a poor move unless she's a likely lynch or nk. She could have done it unintentionally, but it doesn't seem like a move she'd make if she had a choice.
If scum has a suicide bomber they wouldn't want it to be the last one because that means insta-loss
The only thing making me thing Poy is more likely to be scum atm is his post-death message, and that's a massive stretch

@funnier6 would she soft something like a pgo or a suicide vigi shot

it's a possibility that we shouldn't exclude, specially because if we make the wrong assumption the graveyard can end up trusting the wrong people and get lead by scum as one of their extra vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom