• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epic Yarn

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Is the new game Kirby's Epic Yarn truly epic.

I really don't think it is. I do like but really Nintendo don't change the basic gameplay and dynamics of Kirby.

Austin

Austin
Eh? They removed the ability to float and the ability to suck in enemies to absorb their powers. Those seemed to be pretty core elements of the Kirby franchise, so I don't quite understand why you wouldn't consider that changing the basic gameplay and dynamics. Perhaps you should play it a little more closely. ;)

And yes, I do find it to be rather epic.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Kirby's Epic Yarn Review!

Wll, I've had a thorough run through of Nintendo's innovative new Kirby game. The game, as you probably know, is a simple platformer based on the premise of everything in the world being made of fabric. A neat idea, but did they pull it off?

Answer: Yes they did.

Gameplay: This game is a simple platformer, of the ilk of old NES and SNES platformers. The major difference is that you can't die, but that doesn't make it easy. The main goal is to collect as many beads as possible throughout the levels for the gold medal, and though it is easy at first, the difficulty quickly steps up. You can also do some tricky platforming to get to some hard to reach places and collect some treasure. Overall, the gameplay is very smooth and enjoyable, and my only complaint is that I wish Kirby would walk a little faster. Also, although it is good gameplay, it's nothing I haven't seen before, and it's definetly not very original. However, the co-op play really ads a lot to it.
Gameplay score: 8.5/10

Graphics: Ah, where Kirby's Epic Yarn really excells. From cottonballs to somulate smoke and fog, to yarn to represent characters and water, to cotton sweater fabrick to show brick patterns, this games' graphics are truly beautiful and innovative. I simply could not get over all of the creativity poured into this games' looks from start to finish, and this alone makes the game work getting. I can't properly describe it, and seeing is believing anyway, so I'll just say to see it for yourself.
Graphics scroe: 10/10

Sound: Yet another strong point of Kirby's epic yarn. Although not very memorable, Kirby's peaceful piano-laced tunes really set a good atmosphere for the game. The remakes of classic tunes in later stages were great too.
Sound: 8/10

Replayability: I personally won't play this game again for a while, but that's out of such a busy schedule. Overall, I'd say that it is opretty good for replayability, for a couple of reasons. For one, there's plenty of great unlockables, such as furniture for your apartment, CD's to replay level music, and collection of beads for better medals on courses. Plus, the graphics will draw you back with their crafty (literally) charm, and some of the levels are just really fun to play.
Replayability: 8/10

Overall, I'd say that Kirby's Epic Yarn is a great game with a lot of charm that should be in any Wii-owner's library.

OVERALL SCORE: 9/10 (not an average)

Please send me some feedback: I will answer your questions and I want to know how I should improve my reviews.

i dont have the game but im gunna get it for christmas

anyway you should take the word epic into consideration as there is different meanings. epic can mean something cool,hard,or mearly a great story.
i think nintendo was implying it as a great story.
but either a cool game or a great story it doesnt matter cause it has both of these

i feel that this game is okay at best
i bought it and thought it was gunna be better than what it would be
like its fun but its definalty nintendo trying to put out a LBP game without the online stuff.
the fact you cant suck up people kinda sucks i mean thats part of kirby's thing
and the music! it should have had the classic kirby music i mean that makes the games awesome.
i will admit it is lots of fun whipping the other player around if you're doing two player.
other than that this game is kinda only okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom