• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enemies and Bosses

B

BY2K

I want the Helmasaur King in the next Zelda. It was hardcore in ALTTP.

In reply to Reyh:

I agree with the idea of ropes returning on a 3D platformer, and the idea of being poisoned, but what if they could wrap around you like real snakes too? And enemies ambushing Link gave me an idea, what if monsters that differ from one another fought each other?!?! Like a moblin swinging a club at a few keese, deku babas lunging at lizalfos that got too close, or a like-like eating a gel that tried to attack it. Seriously, that would be amazing, and much more realistic.

I don't really care for the idea of constricting. I feel venom would be much more of a threat then getting constricted. Especially when you have a sword, and possibly spells at your disposal. At the speed that most venomous snakes bite, you hardly have time to react. If you're in range, and they go to bite. Chances are, you're getting bit. Venom could have multiple adverse affects, such as taking health away, making you walk slow, decreased reaction time when Z-targeting, a harder time at aiming, etc.

Though the idea of enemies attacking each other is interesting. At least enemies that aren't the same species.

I want the Helmasaur King in the next Zelda. It was hardcore in ALTTP.

That'd be interesting. I always found him to be the hardest boss of ALTTP.

O

OptimistAlive

BRAINSTORM!!!

Awesome idea for like-likes. In OoT and other zelda platformers, the like-likes moved in some odd way that wouldn't really be possible in reality. BUT, imagine a slinky :D. I think you people know what I mean. And if not, I'll tell you, and that is a like-like moving like a slinky would going downstairs.

Well they are basically possessed sludge so that would work. What would be cool was if the mass kind of adjusted as it went down stairs and whatnot. Like-Likes, however annoying, are great enemies and are as much Zelda staples as them dang Keese.

C

celibi88

i would love to see the wolfus return they were awesome to fight in Oot and Mm

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
This thread is meant to discuss enemies and bosses from previous Zelda titles that could be implemented into the Zelda Wii. Along with ideas for new enemies that could possibly show up.
Feel free to also discuss old favorites missing from Twilight Princss.

A few missing from TP.
Dodongos, Like-Likes, Octoroks, Tektites, Wallmasters, Wizzrobes, Gohma, and Wolfos.

Reply at your own will. As long as it stays on this topic. I don't want to see any discussions on your day, and I don't want this thread used for communicating with friends. Seriously, annoying.

Actually, dodongoes, tektites, wallmasters, and gohma were all in TP. But moving on... my list of enemies and bosses I want is very long but please bear with me

Enemies​

Peahat
Dodongo
Beamos
Wolfos
Land Octos (Octoroks on land)
Octoroks (Octoroks in water)
Tektite Red
Tektite Blue
Eyegore
Bulblin
Bullbo
Rope
Lynel
Darknut
Ironknuckle
Goriya (boomerang throwing)
Keese (Ice)
Keese (Fire)
Keese (normal)
Keese (Lightning)​
Bubble Blue (the WW/MM kind)
Bubble Red
Bubble Green
Bubble White
Bubble Lightning
Mini Moldorm
Mini Lanmola
Cucco
Guay
Tanukki (steals your stuff)
Lizalfos
Dynalfos
Areofos
Moblin
Bokoblin
Wizzrobe

Bosses​

Aquamentus
Lanmola
Moldorm
Gohma
Phantom Ganon
Ganon
Ganondorf
Morpha (but without a potential for the corner trick or something cheap like that)
Bongo Bongo (or at least something like him)​

Last edited:
I have a few views on the bosses. As we know, the whole Legend of Zelda series has emphasized the bosses. It's kind of dissapionting because when we finally beat that dungeon and are at the boss door, we always know what the boss looks like, BIG and SCARY. I feel that Nintendo should change it up a bit. Maybe have bosses that arent so huge but still scary, like maybe a boss thats the same size of link, maybe even smaller. Like Twinrova and Spirit Ganon from OoT, They werent huge but still put you on the edge of your seat. TP had all huge bosses, and i think they emphasized and put a little too much time into them, not that they werent enjoyable. But they should put more things that you have to do in order to continue in the overworld maybe even have a dungeon be in the overworld and you can see the sky and look out windows and see hyrule town market or something like that.
Just a few thoughts.

I was deeply disappointed by the lack of Octoroks in Twilight Princess, as I was looking forward to a realistic version of them, so I certainly want to see them in the next title. Like-Likes would be good to see as well, since all we got was Deku Likes which don't even compare at all.

Octoroks not being in TP was quite a disappointment for me as well. I would like to see them return. I would also like to see a 3D Lynel. It just seems like it has potential to be a powerful and threatening enemy. Not to mention intimidating.

T

Triforce Hero

I would like to see Octoroks make an appearance in Zelda Wii. They werent in TP and that was quite sad as to me they are like the most well known Zelda enemy.
I would also like to see a 3D Lynel appear in the game. It would be a great creature to fight while on horseback.
I would also like to see the return of Like Likes and Rupee Likes. It would bring more caution to the game if they act like they do in PH where they are underground whatever.
I would also like to see Wizzrobe, but not in an appearance like in PH or WW where they looked ridiculous.

I would like to see Octoroks make an appearance in Zelda Wii. They werent in TP and that was quite sad as to me they are like the most well known Zelda enemy.
I would also like to see a 3D Lynel appear in the game. It would be a great creature to fight while on horseback.
I would also like to see the return of Like Likes and Rupee Likes. It would bring more caution to the game if they act like they do in PH where they are underground whatever.
I would also like to see Wizzrobe, but not in an appearance like in PH or WW where they looked ridiculous.

I never considered a horseback Lynel battle. That sounds pretty fun :)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
There are so many possibilities, so many characters from so many games. What I would really like to see is 3D renditions of the classic 2D monsters, mainly Onyx and Varen. this duo, or two characters that very much resemble them (since I'm quite sure those two are dead) would make the perfect game boss combo for Zelda Wii but that's just wishful thinking on my part. I would also like to see a return of the Poe quests, maybe a new design for the Poe? or a completely new monster to hunt, as long as it's not rabbits we should be ok.

I'm not sure if Zelda has ever used vampires as enemies, but i think that montsers like that would be perfect for Link to fight. as long as it doesn't go all van helsing. Like Miniboss Vampire, no big deal. in fact the miniboss of the inverted tower in MM was a vampire like creature. I think he was The Lord of Bats or Keese or something. ok moving on.

Redeads!!! for obvious reasons (killing the undead is just the right thing to do).
Giant Mountain Wolfos kind of like the snow wolfos but bigger and more savage =)

hmm Iron Knuckles would be another fun baddie to fight. same with Stalfos. I would really like to see Link take out another Dragon, or even a Kraken, just something epic. As long as it's epic I'm ok with It, In my opinion Zelda needs harder enemies and bosses because these days I rarely game over on Zelda and that's the enemies job, too kill Link! but there not good at it...

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
octorocs werent in tp, toadpoli are what youre thinking of, and unfortunately, if octos were in tp, they would have been in every zelda game to date... wolfos were also in tp, the wolves that jumped out of the ground at snowhead. dodongos could have been made betterly animated but were fine i geuss... taktites were in tp, but i cant remember where at the moment... wizzrobes are cool enemies and could have been fun enemies but they werent in to many games, and maby they will be in zelda wii. as for likelikes,i really hated them in oot, especcialy mq version, but they still would be good enemies, however in the grand scheme of things, they wouldnt appear in very many areas... wallmasters would have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying in tp, but manageable... and king armagohma is pretty close to gohma, close enough for me anyway, and there were armagohma larva to, so thats pretty good, but the original tp was supposed to have moblins, which got cut out at the last second for nayru knows why...

M

M-SwordLink

Since this new game is going to hopefully rely on the motions of the persons sword strikes, and make it even cooler with the WiiMotion+, they defiantly need to add more sword wielding monsters for cool reaction commands, like in Kingdom Hearts, how certain enemies allow you to do some of the coolest stuff EVER! They also need to incorporate more into the boss fights, they need to be EPIC! Don't get me wrong, but TP came the closest in my opinion, but it could have been a million times cooler, but instead of using the item you just got from the dungeon and using that to guide through the boss, but really cool ways to react to the boss, and each boss has to have more attacks, and not so easy to defeat.
But the one thing I want to see is Shadow Link, it's just that feeling you get when say, your racing someone who's as fast as you, or fighting someone in SSBB who's as good as you, it's the same with Shadow Link, just way cooler, more suspenseful, and just that flare of fear when you know your both close to dieing.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
well, you can only talk about what you want, i highly doubt miyamoto or one of the designers of zw is going to read this, we can only hope... or break the door to miyamotos house and make him do this, so... just wait and see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom