• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Elixir discussion + Aoununa Quote

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We don't know if you'll have to enter the cold areas before you get this cold weather jacket. . . so the cold weather elixirs might be needed in the game. Or some other way of not freezing in the snow.
You can carry a torch. That works. But no, we don't know wether you will have to enter a cold area before getting the jacket but because of the open nature of the game I would suspect that you can find warm clothing in the great plateau so you can approach the cold in different ways.

We don't know if you'll have to enter the cold areas before you get this cold weather jacket. . . so the cold weather elixirs might be needed in the game. Or some other way of not freezing in the snow.
It was stated in the gameplay that you'd be able to get it before going to Mt Hylia

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You can completely ignore Mt. Hylia if you want to. You only need to complete either 2 or 3 Shrines in order to get the Paraglider and leave the Hylian Plateu. Of which, I am 100% positive that you can find that warm jacket over there.

I really hope there is an elixir that makes Link high, much like the Fuzzies in Yoshi's Island.... Heheh. That would be pretty fun, doing a naked high run of Ganon's castle.... Heheh.

Reactions: Dio
You can completely ignore Mt. Hylia if you want to. You only need to complete either 2 or 3 Shrines in order to get the Paraglider and leave the Hylian Plateu. Of which, I am 100% positive that you can find that warm jacket over there.

I really hope there is an elixir that makes Link high, much like the Fuzzies in Yoshi's Island.... Heheh. That would be pretty fun, doing a naked high run of Ganon's castle.... Heheh.
I'm pretty sure you have to complete all of the shrines on the Great Plateau to get the Paraglider actually, I just think there might be more than one of the heating tunics in the area.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

What would be the recipe for that? Perhaps if you mix the Hylian shrooms with the Hylian hallucinogenic toad then that could produce the desired affect.

Or there was a building near the lake, perhaps the laboratory is back and the scientist can cook link up something a bit special in this game.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
What would be the recipe for that? Perhaps if you mix the Hylian shrooms with the Hylian hallucinogenic toad then that could produce the desired affect.

Or there was a building near the lake, perhaps the laboratory is back and the scientist can cook link up something a bit special in this game.
The Treehouse did say that one area of Breath of the Wild very much reminded him of Ohio ;)

Reactions: Dio
There are multiple ways to approach things though. It may be you don't have to cook up elixirs if you don't want to. For instance the cold elixir can be substituted with a warm jacket.
Heh, gonna be a bit cheeky with you here and point out that your answer for a feature that doesn't entice me to use it is to skip it entirely instead of finding a reason to embrace it.

But honestly, whether or not it's fun to do that stuff doesn't matter to me, I am still gonna love the hell outta this game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
That's a shame. It would be cool to ahve to get through the cold the hard way the first time through it then on subsequent runs you'd have an easier time cause of the warm coat.
On the other hand, we don't really know where to get the coat, do we? At least, I don't think we do. Unless you wait and look up where to find it online, are extremely exploratory before going to Mt. Hylia, or just plain old lucky, you'd end up doing it the "harder" way anyway.

On the other hand, we don't really know where to get the coat, do we? At least, I don't think we do. Unless you wait and look up where to find it online, are extremely exploratory before going to Mt. Hylia, or just plain old lucky, you'd end up doing it the "harder" way anyway.
This is how I hope the game ends up turning out like.

Idk I think most of us have watched the gameplay enough to plan out a majority of how we're going to handle the stuff on the Great Plateau

RinkuTheRuffian

Punk Rock Trash
This may be the best potion mechanic for me out of all games I've played that have potion brewing. I can't be the only on that finds potion brewing in Elder Scrolls or Minecraft boring and decides to skip it altogether.

But in BoW, I'm genuinely curious in what crazy crap I can brew to keep Link shirtless as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom