• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earth and Wind Temple Before Flood?

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
So, the Earth and Wind Temples are supposed to be temples from Old Hyrule that you enter to re-charge the Master Sword. So, what (and where) exactly were these temples? I think it's decently easy to say that one of them (probably Earth) was the Forest Temple. So what was the Wind Temple? OoT had Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, and Shadow Temples, so it could be one of those; if it is, my guess would be Spirit, I don't know why. Is there any evidence as to what the Wind Temple was?

Discuss! :)

(Also, there was a thread or two slightly similar to this a long time ago, and wasn't sure if it was cool to resurrect it or not, seeing as how I wanted to talk about something slightly different. Sorry if this needs to get locked.)

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
No, I think they were just normal places before the flood, then were changed after it :/ Besides, I don't think the whole 'LOL YEAH, ISLANDS = MOUNTAIN TOPS' theory really works, since in OoT there was only one mountain.... and that was death mountain. And since this was considered 'Old Hyrule' then there must've been a LOT of earthquakes and general ground movings to make so many islands.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Yeah, that makes sense. My only other thought is that maybe Hyrule stretches out a little farther than we've seen, and maybe one or both is a part of that extra part.

I am aware this is a semi-old thread, by a month, but I have a fairly good idea of what they were... at least the entrances to the temples were actually shown. I would not say they are related to the temples in Ocarina of Time, but instead are completely different temples. I managed to take some screenshots of the ruins of the temples... They are those pillar-like structures on either side of the bridge that leads to Hyrule Field:

Earth-Temple_thumb.PNG

Ruins of the Earth Temple Entrance

Wind-Temple_thumb.PNG

Ruins of the Wind Temple Entrance

I can tell which is which due to the intricate designs on each, one representing the stone of the earth and the other gusts of wind.
So... seeing this, I would say the temples didn't show much above ground; instead, they went underground--which explains why you fall through a hole on Headstone and Gale Island. The entrances seem more as a shrine-like place of worship, whereas the sages pray within the temple itself.

Last edited:

Link Master

The Hero's Master
There is no way to be sure but I think that the Wind Temple was the Forest Temple because of the Tree thing and the old sage looks like a Kokiri. I think Earth is Shadow because of the light activated switches and it is kind of dark with the Floor Masters. Also the boss of the Earth temple is a ghost and the boss of the Wind temple is a sand type enemy (ground). That is what I think.

initialDable

going deku
There is no way to be sure but I think that the Wind Temple was the Forest Temple because of the Tree thing and the old sage looks like a Kokiri.

Originally in OoT the forest temple was going to be a wind temple. Also the sage Fado in WW has the same name as a Kokiri in OoT who could have been a sage of wind.

It is also possible that both temples (in addition to the 6 other ones) did exist during the time of OoT, but they served no purpose in the story of OoT. The stained glass windows in Hyrule Castle basement have the 6 sages from OoT on them. This could also prove that the 2 temples in WW and the 6 in OoT existed together.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I am aware this is a semi-old thread, by a month, but I have a fairly good idea of what they were... at least the entrances to the temples were actually shown. I would not say they are related to the temples in Ocarina of Time, but instead are completely different temples. I managed to take some screenshots of the ruins of the temples... They are those pillar-like structures on either side of the bridge that leads to Hyrule Field:

Earth-Temple_thumb.PNG

Ruins of the Earth Temple Entrance

Wind-Temple_thumb.PNG

Ruins of the Wind Temple Entrance

I can tell which is which due to the intricate designs on each, one representing the stone of the earth and the other gusts of wind.
So... seeing this, I would say the temples didn't show much above ground; instead, they went underground--which explains why you fall through a hole on Headstone and Gale Island. The entrances seem more as a shrine-like place of worship, whereas the sages pray within the temple itself.

Mandy has made an excellent point; it is very probable, (even almost certain) that temples from OoT would have been underwater after the Great Flood. The only exception I can think of would be the Fire Temple, as it's located inside a volcano, which is at a fairly high altitude.
However, I don't recall anyone ever saying that these temples in WW were affiliated with the temples from OoT. Could you please show the citation?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
An interesting thought to consider mandy. I should play WW sometime so I can look around in that area. It's come up many times pertaining to many subjects.
So those are just outside the castle, right? Or are they really far in the distance?
If they're close, then they can add to the evidence that the castle in WW was adapted from the ToT, the ruins being what's left of Castle Town after Ganondorf presumably destroyed it a second time (when he escaped the SR seal).

OT: I don't remember whether I thought that Earth=Water and Wind=Forest or that they existed but weren't shown during OoT. I also don't remember whether it was implied that Fado and Laruto were killed during the flood war or if that could have been earlier (during OoT). Or it's possible that the temples are different from the other 6 but the sages are the same as water/forest.

shouldn't this be in theory?

L

linebeck

ive been trying to figure it out for a long time. i need moe evidence to completely figure it out.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Originally in OoT the forest temple was going to be a wind temple. Also the sage Fado in WW has the same name as a Kokiri in OoT who could have been a sage of wind.

That is what I was going to bring up. I think Nintendo just took the Wind Temple idea that they originally planned for OoT and planted it in WW. As for the Earth Temple....it being the Shadow Temple sounds okay but the Shadow Temple was practically underground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom