• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

drunk Link??

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
would Link be able to get drunk and what kinda drunk would he be??? a snoozy dude or laughing guy who cant walk properly???

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Most iterations of Link seem much too young to be drinking. I feel like Adult Link would probably be a laughing guy who can't walk properly kind of drunk though - despite his tenancy to start off games waking up.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Oh, well, I drink & I write a lot, so now you're getting my headcanons. Be warned! Depends on the Link, but I'm going by myself since I drink very strong stuff & I am also a little guy. Honestly? It probably would hit him very hard if he overindulges more than two thumbs of something harder (whatever they have in Hyrule; assuming their agriculture, we have beer, sake & wine for the most likely candidates, sadly no whiskey, I think), but as I don't know what sort of drink he's having, it really would depend. The loss of inhibition or muscle control (balance; & it's pretty hard to grip anything & focus on holding it when you're strongly buzzed, trust me) would probably be something he wants to avoid. Now, safety in a town? That's different, but again, depends on which Link we're talking about here to me. Not counting any of the kid Link(s)... but I doubt much of Hyrule has much actual law against kids having wine under supervision or something in this sort of fantasy setting. Personally always thought that was why he couldn't have Chateau Romani, not just that it was alcoholic- he had nobody with him & it was an in exclusive bar that he was trying to barge into.

For BotW/TotK, I personally headcanon that while the Noble Pursuit is supposed to be fairly strongly alcoholic, Link's version that he can make is without alcohol specifically because he wants the flavor without the downside of feeling wobbly or fuzzy. Bit dangerous for someone with a ton of Yiga & such after him all the time to be buzzed. Now, in a future where he doesn't need to worry? Easily could see him unwinding with friends with some nice fruit mixers & enjoy it a lot in Lurelin or something. Drinking with bosses or friends in Japan is very, very popular & expected, after all. If you don't drink with you co-workers, you're often seen as a social outcast. While we have no evidence that Hyrule is like that, it's a Japanese cultural thing so it isn't too outlandish to think in a Japanese developed game.

But, yeah, depends on the Link or like if he's drinking something like say- possibly Hateno beer or Kakariko sake. Who knows.

I actually think I have a pretty good answer!

Sky(Skyward Sword Link)(The Hero of the Sky) would be the type of drunk who when drinking is either tipsy, blackout passed out drunk, or that 2nd level of drunk but hasn't passed out yet. He would be a very lightweight drunk, and tipsy for him would be either one or two drinks with very low almost no alcohol content or one decent sized drink with an average/decent amount of alcohol content. The next morning when he's hung over he would be throwing up like crazy and feel super gross, and want to d!e, but would after a while might have some alcohol again.

Time(The Hero of Time) would be about as able to hang as one of my parents. He wouldn't really drink and when he would he would probably only have like one or two drinks before going to bed. He likely would get really really bad anxiety/depression/etc. if he drunk alcohol, and if he drunk enough would probably in his drunkness hallucinate some of his traumas before passing out in a puddle of his own puke and tears for his wife to find, but it's not his fault because he's extra traumatized.

The Hero of Twilight(TP Link) is a farm boy, so he probably wouldn't really drink unless he was going out to a bar with his friends to hangout or on special occasions. He likely would mainly drink beer, whiskey, and tequila because that's the vibes he gives me. In a circumstance he consumed any alcohol while as a dog, even if he wasn't drunk as a result whether he turned back into a human or not he would be super sick and throwing up and wanting to unalive for days. But In normal circumstances, generic sh!tty hangover.

The Link from Hyrule Warriors probably doesn't drink very much, but will have a drink or two of he's celebrating something with his friends. He wants everyone to think he's like this dark, gritty guy who likes really strong alcohols with a sort of kick to them, when in reality he likes his fruity little drinks and cocktails with the sparkling water and strawberries and vodka. This is because he himself is probably a fruit.

The Link from AoC, BotW, and TotK would be almost impossible to get drunk. Either you would need godly liquor of some sort of you would have to make sure he drunk a lot of alcohol with or without water breaks in a very short amount of time, even more alcohol in said short amount of time if he does take water breaks. He would like all alcohols, or at the very least would drink all of them. When drunk, depending on his mood and what type of day hes having and how tired he is, how drunk he is, etc, he could be anywhere from super flirty and seductive to an absolute train wreck to aggressive and violent to just really tired. He would probably get over hangovers quickly, and they wouldn't be nearly as bad. Unfortunately, to many people he looks way to young to be drinking alcohol, so he would learn how to make all the alcohols and always have the ingredients to make the alcohols on him at all times. I know this because you can make a Noble Pursuit in TotK(and probably also in BotW and maybe in AoC but I don't think so for that last one).

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk, good night.

You're right, actually. I was thinking about the coast of California country boy lol. But oh my gosh imagine TP Link with a southern accent that becomes so heavy and unintelligible when he's pissed off or something

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
You're right, actually. I was thinking about the coast of California country boy lol. But oh my gosh imagine TP Link with a southern accent that becomes so heavy and unintelligible when he's pissed off or something
Ordon province is in the Southern end of Hyrule, it's basically canon :D

Ordon province is in the Southern end of Hyrule, it's basically canon :D
That one TikTok trend that's like "Me thinking i I don't have a country accent" and then it's like "Me when I'm pissed off" or like "what my friends hear when I talk and it's that one song that go"Shot of tequila something something sweet southern woman sit on my lap".
That's him. That's all TP Link is. But considering that Malon is a ranch/farm girl, what type of accent would she have, and what alcohol would she drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom