• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
So, uh, what's with the votes on me?

For me it was RNG, and I've been considering who to change my vote to.

It's between Scarfed, Mellow, and Deku for me, all for the similar reasons.

Unvote

Vote: Scarfed

Earlier in this day he was trying to frame Deku for things he was doing himself. Also this:

Well although I did join the bandwagon I never said that we shouldn't have a serious day one. The reason why I joined the band wagon in the first place was because I thought that we wouldn't have a serious day one and we should just hurry up and get it over with so that we could hurry up to day two and have some serious discussion there. But now that we have a serious discussion going on that could potentially lead somewhere I realise that we should probably slow down and talk about it. I want to hear why Mellow Ezlo and Dekunut joined the bandwagon though. When I joined there wasn't to much pressure but they really changed that quite fast.

I don't think rushing to end the day ever helps the town. Day time is the only time we get to discuss and plan and scumhunt. Rushing to a lynch and the night is pretty careless, and more advantageous to the mafia.

Mido

Version 1
Sorry about the trouble again. My computer's in a bad state of affairs, and I was having issues posting via mobile device over the past few days. I just saw this work now.

Justa, can you tell me why you voted for Pendio? I'm assuming it was random, but if there's any other reason why you keep it on, I would like to know.

Mido, I would like to know the same from you in the case of Scarfed.

Well, my initial vote on Scarfed was indeed part of the RVS, but upon what I've read, it seems that the ALIT Bandwagon is a lead. I may have to consider the other suspects, too. In light of your most recent post, it doesn't seem like Scarfed isn't an ideal candidate for lunch, but with my aforementioned issues over the past few days, I need to formulate a more concrete judgment.

David

But you called me here...

That's the last straw.

Vote: DekuNut

You have done little to nothing in defending or explaining yourself (flat out refusal, btw) and all of your posts and actions make you look highly scum and there's no need to rehash what's been said about the rest of your posts.

Also, Scarfed, I have the same suspicions that Lady of the Leaves mentioned. Either you are just covering your back, or you're in on it too.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Unvote

Vote: Dekunut

Justifying your vote by saying it's day one isn't a valid reason when someone's about it to be lynched.
1) It was a valid reason at the time; it was before we got serious.
2) I'm not trying to get him lynched. I'm just not unvoting. There's a difference. I don't have enough to go anywhere else, so I may as well. And it's not like he's in danger of being lynched yet; we have time, and hes not near majority.

That's the last straw.

Vote: DekuNut

You have done little to nothing in defending or explaining yourself (flat out refusal, btw) and all of your posts and actions make you look highly scum and there's no need to rehash what's been said about the rest of your posts.
That's because I saw no reason to. I wasn't quite in danger of getting votes, and there wasn't much I could do anyways. And I do believe there is a need to refresh... after all, if you're so sure I'm scum, isn't it a small price to pay for getting "scum" lynched?

Also, Scarfed, I have the same suspicions that Lady of the Leaves mentioned. Either you are just covering your back, or you're in on it too.
You know what?

UNVOTE
VOTE: David

I have reasoning, so listen.
First, I explained why I didn't do some of these things earlier. While I understand the suspicion on Scarfed, you just sound so sure for Day One. "You're in on it too". That sounds so final, and we don't have much to go off of at this point.
Also, as JC said, this is an easy way to hide among the town if you're scum. So thinking that makes one wonder.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
You very easily could have takeing your vote off of him Deku. However I belive you have tied up the votes or ALiT is only ahead by 1.

Mellow what is your take on Deku? What is your take on thouses still on the ALiT lynch?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You very easily could have takeing your vote off of him Deku. However I belive you have tied up the votes or ALiT is only ahead by 1.

Yes, but I saw no reason to. Once again, even though it's serious, it always helps to have a lynch. Unless I saw reason that he was town or that someone else was scum, then I saw no reason to.
As for that second part, I'll have to check on that.

Pen

The game is on!
I would like to say that anyone who thinks they have a legitimate suspicion this early on in the game is in reality either just grasping at straws or trying to deliberately mislead the Town. Acting recklessly like this is coherently going to put the Town in danger. Ultimately I think that this "serious" approach to day one is no better than the old fashion RVS for the simple fact that none of the currently existing suspicions hold any water whatsoever.

David

1) It was a valid reason at the time; it was before we got serious.
2) I'm not trying to get him lynched. I'm just not unvoting. There's a difference. I don't have enough to go anywhere else, so I may as well. And it's not like he's in danger of being lynched yet; we have time, and hes not near majority.

That's because I saw no reason to. I wasn't quite in danger of getting votes, and there wasn't much I could do anyways. And I do believe there is a need to refresh... after all, if you're so sure I'm scum, isn't it a small price to pay for getting "scum" lynched?

You know what?

UNVOTE
VOTE: David

I have reasoning, so listen.
First, I explained why I didn't do some of these things earlier. While I understand the suspicion on Scarfed, you just sound so sure for Day One. "You're in on it too". That sounds so final, and we don't have much to go off of at this point.
Also, as JC said, this is an easy way to hide among the town if you're scum. So thinking that makes one wonder.

Finally you actually come out! Thanks for actually replying to concerns placed upon you. Looks like the only way to actually get you to talk is threatening you. What an interesting play.

Yes, but I saw no reason to. Once again, even though it's serious, it always helps to have a lynch. Unless I saw reason that he was town or that someone else was scum, then I saw no reason to.
As for that second part, I'll have to check on that.

Actually, it doesn't always help to have a lynch. Think of the possibilities of the roles that the person might have, especially if there is no evidence or reason other than random to actually lynch them. Careless voting leads to disadvantages later on in the game. Now if you're thinking that my vote is hypocrisy, I'd advise to rethink exactly what we've been saying a couple pages now.

You're in on it too is a good phrase to get people to think and learn of my suspicions. It isn't a certainty, like you mentioned, it is still a hunch. I'd say that my p thoughts are really only deemed certain and final if I vote for someone, and refuse to remove my vote. I will remove my vote on you, DekuNut, if my suspicions change. As for now, it still stands.

Also, I still believe that this is far better than random voting on day one simply because it is showing how people react before we get into the game. Now we have something to build off of in later days rather than "lol rvs" posts for a few pages.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
While I see where you're coming from,Pen, David is right. Serious is more useful. Maybe not immediately, but later on. it's easier to read serious posts than bad puns.
David: flips are always useful. What happens if we have a no-lunch and all night kills fail? Then were left at the same point. That's happened once or twice, and Day Two wasn't as useful as we would've liked.

David

While I see where you're coming from,Pen, David is right. Serious is more useful. Maybe not immediately, but later on. it's easier to read serious posts than bad puns.
David: flips are always useful. What happens if we have a no-lunch and all night kills fail? Then were left at the same point. That's happened once or twice, and Day Two wasn't as useful as we would've liked.

I totally get where you're coming from with that. And that is a great point. However, I still think that random lynches need to be dealt with carefully.

Pen

The game is on!
But what really is the difference between our current serious approach and the usual RVS? As far as I can see, they are the same. People are just covering up their baseless votes with serious words of austerity, while their votes are in truth just as insignificant as those of the RVS. I do personally not see how anyone can be genuinely suspicious of another player at this very early stage.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
But what really is the difference between our current serious approach and the usual RVS? As far as I can see, they are the same. People are just covering up their baseless votes with serious words of austerity, while their votes are in truth just as insignificant as those of the RVS. I do personally not see how anyone can be genuinely suspicious of another player at this very early stage.
It can be their placement on the wagon how much they are pushing ect.

Pen

The game is on!
That does not answer my question though: What is the true difference between the serious approach and the RVS?

Besides, from my experience, analyzing day one bandwagons usually causes more harm than benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom