• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Worry About Getting Old?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't usually think about it, but the idea of ageing isn't a very pleasant one for me. I don't want to be old, but it's inevitable. So whatever. I should become a really annoying granny who crosses the street really slowly, steals your bus seats, complains constantly and yells at all the youngsters. That way I can have some fun.

Oh, I so intend to take advantage of "being old" when that time comes. I wanna be a crazy-granny, lol

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I worry more about things changing for the worse with time. I worry about what will happen when you get too old to walk on your own or something like that. Think about how things would be like 50 to 60 years from now. Everyone you loved or care about you'll never see again or pass away. Your parents, the people or person you've shared most of your life with are gone. Then you start to see young kids & envy them for there youth. Would this site still be running years from now? I would like to have everything stay the way it is, with my friends close & my family alive & well, but that's not gonna happen unless you have the ocarina of time. Still, maybe I'm missing something good about getting old. The world is gonna change, whether I like it or not. Might as well try to see the good in it.

When I was 'round 5, at times yes.
After that no.

I dont really care how "old" Im getting. Plus, why should I worry about something that I cant change?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yes, I do! I always worry about everything heading South and the ol' wrinkles and everything. :( Quite a vain worry but, it's a worry of mine nevertheless. Though I don't feel old; I don't really feel my age at all. Which is nice!

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Not really, no. I sometimes think about everything else that comes with the territory of being old, like having to depend on others, and not being able to get around as well, losing strength and your senses, etc, and that is what worries me. But I'd rather enjoy the now and worry about tomorrow tomorrow :)

bunny

birb overlord
Eh, I'm definitely not looking forward to getting old, but I mean... It happens. I might as well spend my younger years enjoying life instead of wasting it by worrying about a natural process I can't prevent.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm a little worried about it, yes. Heck, in about 17 school days from now I'm graduating from high school, and not much longer after that I'm turning 18 years old. I'm excited about that, of course, but it kinda scares me as well. It's not so much the idea of growing up, it's the things left behind. My high school years were the only good years of my life; I met the best friends I could have ever asked for, I had lots of new experiences, and I really came out of my socially timid shell. Looking back on it all, I only had three years to enjoy that. I barely had any friends from elementary school through middle school. I rarely ever got to do things like hang out with friends outside of school or go to birthday parties or other kinds of parties. In fact, Halloween of 2011 was the very first time I'd ever been to a party with friends. And Spring Break of my 11th grade year was the first time I ever had a friend come over my house since I was little. I had a really unfulfilling childhood, which is why I'm worried about growing up. I feel like I haven't had enough time to really enjoy growing up, since most of that time was spent alone.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Just a tiny bit. I'm turning 19 which I don't want to turn into. I'm not worried about getting old though...life works that way and we can't do anything about it no matter how many skin products people make to look ourselves younger...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom