• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do You Want ZeldaU to Be a Light-Hearted Game or Dark?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I would like to see a mixture of both light and darkness in the next Zelda game. I am leaning more towards a darker storyline, something similar to Majora's Mask, something that was different and added a new depth to the series.

G

Godunman

Neither. Why does a game need to be light or dark-hearted? Also, I don't consider Ocarina of Time to be light or dark-hearted.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Hmm, good question. I'd say peacefull. Honestly, I don't exactly know why, I think I just want another Zelda game that makes me feel warm inside, not another epic Zelda for now.

Twilight Princess was always my favorite Zelda game. Although I loved Skyward Sword, I think it would be wonderful if Nintendo went back to the dark theme. One thing that has always occurred to me was then whenever Link was in some sort of danger, he has never had any "damage" after any of his battles. Sure he was knocked down, knocked out, and his sword may have been flung from his hands many times, but when has Link ever been physically hurt, besides the times you've seen him wrapped in bandages? No blood, no bruises, no scars, and no physical sign from Link that he is actually in pain. Nintendo has never put this into a Zelda game, and I for one think that they should try to put this in the game. This would give us more of an emotional connection towards Link. I know that if I saw Link on the screen, bloody or bruised, or even limping in battle that I would probably be in shock. This is just one of my ideas that I think they should put in the new Zelda game. I think Link needs a near death experience. Does anyone else agree?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
OOT was not the lightest of games. Hyrule was destroyed lives were ruined and the villagers turned into zombies. Ganondorf murdered the Deku tree. This is also the game containing the bottom of the well and the shadow temple with evidence of torture machines. I want another game like this.

OOT was not the lightest of games. Hyrule was destroyed lives were ruined and the villagers turned into zombies. Ganondorf murdered the Deku tree. This is also the game containing the bottom of the well and the shadow temple with evidence of torture machines. I want another game like this.

I believe OoT should have been rated T...

I know definitely what I want. I want a dark zelda game that involves deep depressing scary emotions and stuff :). Like Majora's Mask but even more scary and weird. I want a game that messes with the players mind(and Link) and causes any 20 year old guy to have nightmares and cry :). Yeah, I want a VERY depressing story. Creepy graphics(style) and atomsphere. Not necessarily like Twilight Princess but NOT like The Wind Waker or Skyward Sword!!!

So really, like Majora's Mask, but even crazier :).

Last edited:
Like most people on here, I would LOVE to have a darker Zelda Game either as much as Majora's Mask or even darker than MM!!! This is probably because I am demented and love that sort of stuff. To be more specific, I would appreciate it if Nintedo developed more to the psychology type of Darkness/Horror instead of the typical Horror stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom