• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want to Have Kids One Day and how to raise them

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't know if I want to have kids or not. It is something that is far from my mind right now. However, I think it's likely that I will and if I do, I'd like 2. I'm the youngest of 6 and I have come to the conclusion that is far too many kids. But I don't like the idea of only children. Seeing as twins runs in my family, though, it would probably be that I have twins, and then I'd probably like one more after them in the case of having twins first, or if I have twins second then I won't have any more. Boy girl twins are in my family though, so I guess it wouldn't be so bad...

As for how I would raise them, as I grew up in a single parent family and I've turned out ok I think, I would still like to be in a stable relationship with a kind man. I'm not really the nurturing type though, not cuddly or anything, so he would probably need to be that type. I'd like them to have a secure and balanced childhood, but one where there are no secrets or lies told to kids because I think that's wrong. However saying that, I really don't actually know any couples that have stayed together so I don't really know how to operate like a two-parent system. Still, wishful thinking eh.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Are You Planning on Having Children?

If not now, maybe when you're older? Or do you plan on being child-free all your life? Why did you come to the decision that you did? Do you think it's possible that you'll change you're mind?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Eventually. Sure as hell won't be happening now, for the following reasons:

• I'm still in college
  • So is my girlfriend
  • Neither of us are well off
  • Don't need any extra stress, especially not in colege
  • I live in California, she lives in New Zealand

I'd be all for it a few years down the road, but it pretty much can't happen now.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Oh definitely. Not now. xD Someday.

Why? Well. Kids are kewl. :cool: I need minions. Someone'll call me Mom, that'll be damn hilarious. :lol:

That sounds dumb, but hey, it is what it is. I just like kids, kay?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Not a chance in hell will I be pushing one of those disgusting little creatures out of me. Children are demonic little monsters who morph into evil "human beings". I wouldn't want to taint this world with repulsive offspring. If I were in a situation with a person where they'd like to have a child, I would consider adopting one. If I adopt one, they have to be at least 9-10 years of age or older, because I refuse to tolerate a child any younger than that. I understand I was once a child, and I don't exempt myself from what I've said. I vehemently dislike children. Seriously, get them away from me!

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Not a chance in hell will I be pushing one of those disgusting little creatures out of me. Children are demonic little monsters who morph into evil "human beings". I wouldn't want to taint this world with repulsive offspring. If I were in a situation with a person where they'd like to have a child, I would consider adopting one. If I adopt one, they have to be at least 9-10 years of age or older, because I refuse to tolerate a child any younger than that. I understand I was once a child, and I don't exempt myself from what I've said. I vehemently dislike children. Seriously, get them away from me!

Whoa...

I really don't want kids. I have horrible experiences with little kids. Plus, when they're teenagers... *shudders*.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I don't know. Only time will tell. If I do, if it's a boy, his name will most likely be from mythology, like Thor or something. If it is a girl, likewise, maybe Andromeda or something like that. :cool:

Sheik

:the:
I live in California, she lives in New Zealand

Oh, so that's why you want JC's plane tickets! :P

On the topic... I suppose? Mainly for the reason that I want somebody to be there for me in my elderly days ;I
I suppose I'll make a resposible choice in fifteen years or whenever.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Do I really want children? I don't know but I know for one thing I don't want to deal with the nine months and the birthing process. If I ever do have children I hope to name them Lucas (from Mother 3) and Clementine (from Walking Dead).

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Yeah... two-ish, I suppose (though my wife's family has a history of twins). I'd imagine it will happen before too long... I'm going to be one of the oldest dads at the PTA meetings as it is.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Woah Atti...I understand you're not a kid person, but...just, omg.

I'm nowhere near having kids. I'm 22, but I'm single, always have been...never been in a relationship. I know my soulmate's out there somewhere, and I wish the wheels of fate would hurry up and bring him to me. When the time comes, I like the name Drake for a boy. For girls, maybe Stella or Chandra, the latter being what my brother would be if he was a girl. Of course I will have to make sure the father, whoever he turns out to be, also likes the names. And maybe he would have a different name I'd like too.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I kinda do, but at the same time, I don't.

I've heard that having a child brightens up your world. That every day is a new day. And I want to have a little bundle of joy, too. I want to see it grow older, and want to care for it, and experience parenthood. I want to carry it, and fall in love with it, and experience the joy of it loving me back.

But I'm scared of a lot of things. If they won't turn grow up like how we want it to. If they would grow apart from us, or mock him. If we make a wrong decision. And the lack of control that parents have over their children in this day and age, is also bothering me. We can't keep them safe from society. If that's a good or bad thing, that depends on your opinion.

If we do decide to have a child, adoption is also an option we are considering, as we want a girl more. But I'm not sure if I want it or not. The decision can brighten life up more, or make it harder.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well this is looking too far into the life ahead of me, but sure; I've got to pass on my sexy genes somehow :rolleyes:

Anyway, as much as kids annoy me, they're still pretty cool. Having a mini version of me would be pretty awesome; maybe even an army.

Seriously though, I do intend on having kids...just when I'm at the right place in life. I'd like to be settled down with a girl I know I love. The worst thing would be for my kid(s) to have their parents split at a young age (that happened to me and I wouldn't want my child to experience the same thing). Then again I don't wanna wait till I'm 30+. I wanna be a hip, young Dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom