• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Your Name or Link's?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
That can be a variable for me. I usually use my name (Brandon) if there's enough space. In games like Link's Awakening DX and such, there's not enough room for it, so I name myself Link in those kinds of games.

N

NiaSoPurdy

I usually always use Link's name instead of mine, but what if you called him 'I say' then everyone would sound like Foghorn Leghorn, and they would be like, "I say come here" and "You must defeat ganondorf I say"

ha! that is so hilarious!

but i always use my own name ::shrugs::

i don't really think about it so much...

O

Olaf Forkbeard

Heh, I use "Link" usualy, but when I'm bored I use:
" ..."
I find it amusing when someone asks your name and there is a long pause lol.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
When i play a New zelda game i always use my name. After a while, or after i beat it, i create a new one with the name Link, Rinku, or Linky.

This is the pattern i have been using since my childhood days with Zelda. I still feel happy knowing that my original file still lives(and Still works) and is a trophy to me :P

I always used Link for the name. However, when I first played a Zelda game, which was Twilight Princess, I put in Danny. I didn't think they would actually say "Danny" when addressing the character, so when I saw that I erased the file and put in Link.

But Link is only used in my first run on a game. If I want to go through the game on another file then I'll use Danny.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
On first playthroughs I usually use my name, because when I was little and I first played ALttP I didn't realize the main character was a guy (I thought Link was Zelda) so I gave him my name, even though i'm a girl and it's a girl's name. Ever since I just give him my name on first playthroughs out of habit/tradition. (Actually I used to give every video game character I could my name, regardless of gender, then I just decided to go with defaults, and now I try to make up a name.)

Anyway, on second, third, etc. playthroughs I name him Link if I don't feel like making up a name, or something different like Batman, or Agent007.

I usually name him Link, and I don't recall ever using my own name for him. Occasionally I go through a fad and name him the main character of whatever I'm obsessed with currently. For example, my TP file is "Aragorn".

My sister thought has a special name for her files, Jelly. Its a long story about when she met my friend who let her make a file and named it Jelly for her. In TP she names the Epona "Peanut Butter". :xd:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've always used Link's name since one, I get uncomfortable reading the dialogue when Link is addressed as anything other than "Link", and two, I don't think my girl name would work well at all for a guy.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Well, since I'm a girl, I don't nessecarily think it would work for Link. So I just use Link. Plus, I think the name Link makes you sound totally awesome.

C

Carben

For me it all depends on the game. If it is a Zelda game I have been waiting for a long time then yes I would Link. Other than that I use some random names.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
I always name the character Liam. I don't know exactly why, but it's a favorite random name of mine...it's not my real name either which makes it even more weird.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I usually always use Link's name instead of mine, but what if you called him 'I say' then everyone would sound like Foghorn Leghorn, and they would be like, "I say come here" and "You must defeat ganondorf I say"
Amazing! I can totally picture that in my head, too!
Anyway, I always use my actual name. I do it for every game that asks for your name. It'd be wierd otherwise. With one of my run throughs in TP, I named him Link, but soon erased the file, as it just didn't seem right. haha

Apple

Crazy Cookie
I never use my name, but I always use Apple, except on Ocarina of Time where I shared the file with my sister and my mom named him Kids. When I start a second file on the same game, I will usually use Link.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
At first I gave him my nickname, but it just didn't seem right when people talked to me. Then I decided to always use Link the first time, and the after that if I didn't want Link I would change it to something like "kid" or "boy." I love to see Ganondorf in OoT call Link "boy." It seems so natural for an evil villain to do that to a young hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom