• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Left Shift or Right Shift?

Which?

• Right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kybyrian

[10:18:33 AM] Wyatt: I feel like right shift would put more strain on your hand than left shift
[10:18:55 AM] Wyatt: think about it, A hits the left shift, but semicolon is a whole nother button away

octorok74

TETTAC
Left shift. Using right shift feels really weird and then I mess up all the words after it. I hate having Caps right above left shift though, because I accidentally hit it sometimes.

Austin

Austin
[10:18:33 AM] Wyatt: I feel like right shift would put more strain on your hand than left shift
[10:18:55 AM] Wyatt: think about it, A hits the left shift, but semicolon is a whole nother button away

[10:17:58 AM] Austin: the **** is wrong with you
[10:18:04 AM] Austin: You're already used to hitting enter
[10:18:06 AM] Wyatt: pretty sure most people only use left shift
[10:18:09 AM] Austin: It's the same concept.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Why is there no both option? I had to learn to type "correctly" in 6th grade and consequently I use whichever shift key corresponds to the letter that needs to be capitalized; left shift for all keys my right hand hits and right shift for all keys my left hand hits.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Both actually, probably left more often, but I usually spell with both hands and depending on what letter I need to make larger I'll use the shift closest or most convenient cause whatever button I use with shift I use to press the letter I need.

Left shift for me. I know, it's most efficient to use the shift opposite to whichever hand you're keying at the moment, but I always seem to use the left shift--as well as the left CTRL and ALT keys. I think part of it may have to do with that when I was learning to keyboard when I was little, I mastered the left hand first, so I often cushioned my right hand's lack of precision with my left hand. Because of this, I must have gotten into the habit of using solely the left shift.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I use the right shift key. It's comfortable, and I always know where it is.
The left shift key is always running away, so I can't know where it is and what it's doing. I really don't know why it's even on the keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom