• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think They Should Make Team Rocket Playable in Pokemon

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
If they add DLC or a new kind of mode to X and Y, then I'd think it's a good idea. Though, I'd be a bit skeptical if you did it in the main adventure, unless for a sidequest.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Eh, Idunno.

I do see your point about playing as a villain or at least not as a stereotypical good guy, but I don't think Team Rocket's the best choice for that. They're just thugs who steal Pokemon, simple as that. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Even the other teams are pretty questionable, Aqua's and Magma's end goals are really not all that well thought-out when it gets right down to it, and the Galactic grunts don't really know why they're doing what they're doing until Cyrus is gone.

No, I'd like to play as a Team Plasma member. At least those guys have a halfway reasonable end goal, and they have real conviction for their goals. The grunts really do believe they're in the right. It's more morally ambiguous than the simple "We're gonna steal Pokemon because we're evil!" that Rocket has.

Also, if I get to play when Plasma has that schism then I can go over to Neo Plasma and get that *****in' outfit.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
This has been a topic I've been seeing a lot of recently. I have to say simply no. Team Rocket has had it's time, and now that time is over. I don't see what the merits would be (unless you consider getting your party of zubats and ratattas trashed by a ten year old kid is a benefit.).

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The closest thing to this is doing a Team Rocket playthrough. You can only use your starter, dark types, poison types, the region's equivalent to rattata, and if you have a gameshark/action replay, pokemon stolen from other trainers. If a stolen pokemon is defeated, it is freed and you must release it.

But yeah, I don't think this will happen. Oh and has everyone forgotten that you can wear a Team Rocket uniform in heart gold/soul silver?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Maybe as post game content or unlockable stuff that would be nice. Then when you start a new game, you could select a uniform from those you unlock.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I personally would not mind to see a sort of branching story in pokemon where you can choose to be on one of two rival teams or neutral. You would get information form time to time about the other teams. However not as a team that was blatantly evil.

Jedizora

:right:
I wouldn't mind seeing this, although I doubt it would happen. Pokemon has never really been about the story, and I feel like this would just fall a bit short in the main games. It would be nice to see this as a side game on the Wii U, similar to Colosseum, or XD.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I wouldn't mind seeing this concept at all... in a spin-off. Something like this is by no means suited for a main game, but is perfect for a spin-off title. Personally, I'm fond of seeing the world through a different character's -- or in this case organization's perspective. But in general, this works well, just not for a main title. :yes:

Fig

The Altruist
I would like to see this concept as a spin-off game. Although, I'm pretty sure that there will be there that one person who will try to hack his/her game or create a new game with hacked sprites and such and allow other fans to play the game online. Hopefully someone decides to make a game as that. It could even let you play as Giovanni and your rival is Samuel Oak! That would be awesome to see in even a hacked version or fanmade version of the game!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't want to play as Team Rocket or any villain team...because they're flat. Flatter than the protag. Besides, I like the generic-ness of Pokemon. What would Team Rocket do, gamewise? Would our quest be for world domination (which almost never actually succeeds)? etc

S

StickDude

I'd rather have a game where you play as N after the events of Black and White and travel through the Hoenn region. Instead of being a villain you would be more of an anti-hero, and it would be more fun then playing through R/S/E with updated graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom