• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Do You Think the Moon from MM is Haunting

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
When i was a kid playing MM i always thought the moon was scary and terrifying but who thinks it not scary?
and also how do you make a poll for this thread?

The moon from Majora's Mask is definitely creepy, but then again, Majora's Mask as a whole is creepy....

I think I was more weirded out than anything. It's basically the big crater-filled face of Ebenezer Scrooge when he steps on a thumbtack. There's also the general strangeness that a moon has a face to begin with, and I think I was too caught up in the impossibility of that to consider its scariness.

But no, I don't really think it's haunting. It's rather unnerving, but I don't exactly see it in my dreams.

Yes, I would describe it as creepy. I always felt it was watching me while I played; that at any moment it would plummet down, ending my game and destroying Termina. Although I knew there was three days until it did so, I still felt it could fall at any moment.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I did think it was creepy. However I first played this game when I was 15, so it wasn't as scary to me as say a 9 year old.

And to post a poll, you scroll down when you are typing up your thread, and there will be a Post Poll option. click the checkbox and then type in the number of options you want the poll to have. Once you post the thread, it will bring you to an option where you can type in the poll question, and type in the poll options. Then Publish it. :)

I really never thought it was scary or haunting, even when I was younger. The Moon from MM was nowhere near as scary as the final boss of Earthbound. Now that guy was enough to give even the bravest person nightmares. In all seriousness, I do think it's very creepy and ominous, as it was intended to be. The way it looms over the sky with those wide, maddened eyes is grotesque and a tad disturbing.

Fig

The Altruist
I always thought that if the Moon would fall on Termina and I didn't go back in time, then the real world would also be destroyed as well! :xd:

Dan

If I had played MM as a kid I would prolly not look at the moon in reality ever again :P
moon-stares-at-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask_288x288.jpg

Too be honest the moon just looks like he's rather constipated.

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
Creepy is the word for me to describe it, not much of haunting. I had nightmares about it though ._.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I didn't find the moon scary, however; there was an eerie feel to it. To me, it seemed too beautiful and quiet to be peaceful.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I first played when I was like 10 or 11, and I had no idea what to do at first, so the freaking moon killed me within an hour of starting the game up. Yep. Haunts my dreams...

The Moon from MM was nowhere near as scary as the final boss of Earthbound. Now that guy was enough to give even the bravest person nightmares.

Dammit dude why did you have to bring up Giygas here?! He's by far the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. For those of you who had plans on sleeping tonight:
View attachment 28973

The moon was a chilling perversion of what we would expect from the same spacial mass in Hyrule or our own solar system. It was highly abnormal with its piercing eyes, desire for bloodshed, and cruel smile (images included in spoiler tag for reference).

images

images

images

Moreover, this looming sphere added to the insecurity that the world was against you. Termina appeared to defy the laws of science. The demon Majora polluted the waters with volatile toxins, introduced undead creatures to the canyons, and ultimately broke Newton's laws of physics with the impending drop of the moon. While there was no room from day dreaming with the three day cycle this celestial body definitely made every player ponder at least once if the fate of Termina wasn't entirely futile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom