• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Do You Think Skyward Sword Ending Will Be Sad?

Skyloft was once a part of Hyrule? Never heard that before...

And as I said in my initial post, this was just my interpretation of the end. It's just safest to say Link is accepting Zelda ascendance. Why else would he bow to her like that--minus the proposing bit?

I think that scene is the Bird Rider's Ceremony that was mention during E3. Notice how that Link and Zelda are still in their Skyloft clothes. It fits perfectly with the scene where Link catches Zelda and heads off to Skyloft. It has nothing to do with Zelda leaving Link to Hyrule as Link is supposed to have a green tunic while Zelda has a white cloak near the end of the game. And beside, why does Zelda goes to rule Hyrule while Link stays in Skyloft? Doesn't make sense for all of the Hylians to go to the world below, especially if Skyloft were to fall upon Hyrule at the end.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I figure that SS' ending will be sad simply because it is more like a JRPG than a Zelda game. JRPGs, or at the very least the ones I have played have all had particularly sad endings. Be it the death of that one party member that you probably used the entire game, or maybe the main character's best friend from a neighboring country was killed by a demon residing in a stone, the JRPGs I've played have had some pretty saddening endings. I don't expect SS to be any different, what with its straying from the traditional Zelda formula.

I realize that the older Zeldas have been sad, yes, but I never recognized them as heartbreaking. In one particular game I've played, Star Ocean 4 for anyone who cares, I actually did cry at the ending. Shedded tears. Made me want to eat my arms from sadness. It never happened to me from a Zelda game though. At best, I felt a little bit sad at the end of Majora's Mask but nowhere near coming down with tears. I expect Skyward Sword to change my view of Zelda titles, so some part of me wants the ending to be sad, but then again I think 'with what respects should it be sad?'. To me, I wouldn't want the game to end with Zelda's leaving Link. Just seems too...cliche, in a way. Rather, I'd like for Link and Zelda to depart from Skyloft, eternally bound to Hyrule [or Land Below, whatever you call it]. I would view an ending like that to be saddening rather than bittersweet, but that may just be me.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Skyloft was once a part of Hyrule? Never heard that before...

I think it was said last year, but I may be wrong on that.

And as I said in my initial post, this was just my interpretation of the end. It's just safest to say Link is accepting Zelda ascendance. Why else would he bow to her like that--minus the proposing bit?

I don't know, maybe respect for some ceremony?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think that scene is the Bird Rider's Ceremony that was mention during E3. Notice how that Link and Zelda are still in their Skyloft clothes. It fits perfectly with the scene where Link catches Zelda and heads off to Skyloft. It has nothing to do with Zelda leaving Link to Hyrule as Link is supposed to have a green tunic while Zelda has a white cloak near the end of the game. And beside, why does Zelda goes to rule Hyrule while Link stays in Skyloft? Doesn't make sense for all of the Hylians to go to the world below, especially if Skyloft were to fall upon Hyrule at the end.

I'm thinking Skyloft might remain in the heavens and become the City in the Sky, which later is inhabited by the Oocca, which I believe are Skyloftians who chose to stay "nearer to" the goddesses, and evolved into those bird creatures.

I don't know, maybe respect for some ceremony?

Her coronation ceremony maybe, or some other necessary occassion of acknowledgment which takes place--to my understanding of the events--later in the game. Only time will tell for us to be certain.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I'm thinking Skyloft might remain in the heavens and become the City in the Sky, which later is inhabited by the Oocca, which I believe are Skyloftians who chose to stay "nearer to" the goddesses, and evolved into those bird creatures.

I can assure you this won't happen. The City in the Sky was built. Skyloft is a floating island. Plus, how the crap would humans turn into those bird-like creatures?

I can assure you this won't happen. The City in the Sky was built. Skyloft is a floating island. Plus, how the crap would humans turn into those bird-like creatures?

Although you are correct about the fact that the city in the sky was built... It was built on a floating island, so you can't really debunk the theory until the game comes out. Also to answer your question about how humans can turn into the oocca, its possible the same way zora's evolved into rito (possibly).

Either way, its only speculation and for all we know we could both be wrong.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Although you are correct about the fact that the city in the sky was built... It was built on a floating island, so you can't really debunk the theory until the game comes out.

No, it's not on a floating island. The city is kept afloat by giant propellers. It's not Skyloft.

Also to answer your question about how humans can turn into the oocca, its possible the same way zora's evolved into rito (possibly).

That's much different. The Zora had to evolve, and the gods surely had something to do with it. There was only hundreds of years in-between the flood and the events of WW, so that's not nearly enough time for evolution as science portrays it to occur. Plus, they were on a volcano area. Zoras would have dried out. They're bodies are built for moist areas, not dry locations. They also were still somewhat similar to the Zoras in the fact that they were still human-like in body (even more so, actually). The Oocca are much too different than humans. And if humans are living in the sky in Skyward Sword, then why would they need to evolve? I'm beyond 100% certain that the Oocca have nothing to do with Skyloft (and that they also won't appear in the game).

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Some of Skyloft crumbled, I'm sure, and the remaining Skyloftians built those rotors to keep its remains afloat.

How could the Zora's evolve into the Rito tribe? Obviously Nintendo has no problem with putting evolution into the series; and I don't support it, but I do need something to fuel my theory. ;)

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
Out of personal opinon, really, I don't think that the SS ending will be said. Dramatic, but not sad. Since most of the game is really upbeat, It seems almost impossible that the ending would be said. But then again, it could be similair to Twilight Princess, which we thought would be sad.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Some of Skyloft crumbled, I'm sure, and the remaining Skyloftians built those rotors to keep its remains afloat.

Crumbled? Even if this was the case, how could it turn into a city with propellers keeping it afloat rather than it just floating? That is really quite impossible.

How could the Zora's evolve into the Rito tribe? Obviously Nintendo has no problem with putting evolution into the series; and I don't support it, but I do need something to fuel my theory. ;)

You didn't really give a legitimate response to why the Skyloftians would evolve into the Oocca. But, anyway, surely they'd go to the ground and become the Hylians. I mean, look at them. They have pointed ears.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'm actually hoping the ending is very sad. I love sad/emotional endings to epic adventures. As to how this plays out, i'm not sure. Maybe Phi will sacrifice herself to save Link and Zelda, destroying herself and Ghirahim in the process. Though that's not exactly the saddest thing ever, as it's been done 100 times before.

I'm thinking a professor layton esque ending. They're always very sad due to the little details throughout, and the fine details told by the NPCs and revealled slowly, all coming together at the ending to create an inescapable emotional atmosphere that really causes the player to question things and to look back at their actions/assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom