• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Do You Think Skyward Sword Ending Will Be Sad?

From what we've heard about Phi eventually becoming the Master Sword, I'd suspect that some sort of heroic sacrifice of some sort will be made by her. It's also pretty obvious, since she's the master sword, she can't really (but I guess you never really know with Nintendo) appear in any other games, but like I said it is possible. But that's not my point, my point is many Zelda games are famous for their particularly sad ending, such as Midna shattering The Mirror of Twilight with a tear then leaving forever in TP, leaving the King of Hyrule during the final sinking of Hyrule while Link desperately reaches for him in WW, or Navi *mysteriously* leaving Link and him setting off to find her in OoT. I think Skyward Sword's ending is so far being hinted at to be quite dramatic and sad, what do you think? What's your saddest moment from the Zelda series? GO :)

We've always gotten pretty bittersweet endings for Zelda games. I'd say Phi leaves so she can protect the Master Sword, but evil is defeated.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think it will be sad at all. I think it'll be a huge moment of triumph. Fi will be morphing with the Skyward Sword and become the Master Sword, which will take on her figure in blade form, the "dark interlopers" will be sealed in the Mirror of Twilight, and the Royal Family will be established. Those things I am 100% confident on. It may be somewhat bittersweet, as I don't actually know the ending of the game, but I don't think it will be melancholy.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Allow me to summate my interpretation of its conclusion: A) Ghirahim will be defeated and his monster lackeys scattered; :cool: Phi/Fi (same difference) will take form of the Master Sword; and C) Zelda will assume leadership of the new kingdom of Hyrule.

^ Now, this may seem worthy of celebration over sadness...but alas I do feel there will be a melancholy curtain-drop on this illustrious chapter. Link, as we see in part of a video, takes Zelda's hand and bows his head in reverence, accepting that Zelda will have to leave Skyloft. If you recall, they were stated to be childhood friends, and to see them depart will likely fill our hearts with some degree of poignance. Therefore, at least part of it will have a sorrowful cast to it...but I foresee the rest as only epic. :mastersword:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm gonna do a Wolf Sage here and go witht he awnser that we don't know enough to say...

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Whoa, what makes you say that?

For aforesaid reasons: Zelda will become first in the line of rulers in Hyrule, choose to depart from Skyloft, and leave behind her friend Link, as well. This scene will likely have us feel some sadness, but I guess the degree in which I described it was a bit much. ^^

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For aforesaid reasons: Zelda will become first in the line of rulers in Hyrule, choose to depart from Skyloft, and leave behind her friend Link, as well. This scene will likely have us feel some sadness, but I guess the degree in which I described it was a bit much. ^^

No, I mean what makes you say that's what the scene is? I've seen nothing to suggest that. And, actually, I would assume Skyloft would be reunited with the land below, as it was once part of it.

Last edited:

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
No, I mean what makes you say that's what the scene is? I've seen nothing to suggest that. And, actually, I would assume Skyloft would be reunited with the land below, as it was once part of it.

Skyloft was once a part of Hyrule? Never heard that before...

And as I said in my initial post, this was just my interpretation of the end. It's just safest to say Link is accepting Zelda ascendance. Why else would he bow to her like that--minus the proposing bit?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Um, it's not named Hyrule yet, just called the Land Below. But I think Link and Zelda would travel to the land below together anyway, they are friends, so it would make sense for them to do that.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think this thread should be called ``Do you want Skyward Sword`s ending to be sad``, not do you think.

I would like a happy ending, like Wind Waker. I want it to amke me super happy when I watch the credits for the first time :D

kaimason1

the Wanderer
I'm really hoping for an ending like ALttP where everyone who was hurt by the events of the story ends up happy, but I don't think it's going to actually happen. Considering Skyloft seems like an incredibly happy place near the beginning, and so many horrible events will happen to Hyrule in the (hundreds? thousands?) of years later, I'm guessing the ending will be pretty sad.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Really, most of the Zelda games I've played have had a bittersweet ending. Some examples:

Ocarina of Time: Link seals Ganon; Zelda makes Link go back to 7 years in the past to recover his lost time.
Majora's Mask: Link saves Termina; has to leave Skull Kid, Tatl, and Tael.
The Wind Waker: Link defeats Ganon, but Hyrule has become forever sunken beneath the Great Sea. The King of Red Lions falls with his kingdom. Link and Tetra head off for new lands, but they leave Aryll and Link's grandma behind.
Twilight Princess: Link saves Hyrule by defeating Ganon; Midna is returned to her true form. Midna shatters the Mirror of Twilight as she departs the Light World, meaning that they can never come in touch with each other ever again.
Phantom Hourglass: Link saves Tetra and is departed back to his own world; he has to leave Linebeck and everything he's done behind.
Spirit Tracks: Link defeats Malladus with Zelda. Byrne is dead, and Anjean departs with the other Lokomos.
These are all of the 3D Zeldas as well. If the Zelda series follows this trend, I'm expecting a bittersweet ending. Link defeats the main bad guy, Phi is sacrificed to become the spirit of the Master Sword (something like that), Zelda leaves Link forever. I really think the last one is especially sad since they've been friends since childhood... :(

Last edited:

kaimason1

the Wanderer
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks don't count as 3d in my opinion, just 2.5d. Some of those endings didn't really come off as 'sad' to me, but as you said, bittersweet. I know that the ending will be horribly sad, just because it has to tie in to the world of Ocarina of Time in some way, but I'm hoping for some great, joyous triumph to accompany it and offset the sorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom