• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Think Hyrule Had Its Own Dinosaurs?

I try to come up with a unique topic for Zelda and watching the latest Transformers Prime gave me one.

Do you believe the world Hyrule, before sentient life like Gorons, the Parella or even humanoids like Hylians or normal humans, came into existence, might have had creatures much like dinosaurs? Or, like Cybertron in the mentioned cartoon, maybe they were something else like, in that show's case, dragons?

... Well, it's something unique that nobody else ever brings up, so give me that.

Big Octo

=^)
Sure, why not. It's clear that there's already been some evolution in the series, so it's perfectly safe to assume that there was a plethora of primitive creatures in the early years of Hyrule. Dinosaurs could be easily included, considering that there are Dodongos, a species very similar to dinosaurs. Heck, King Dodongo's title in Ocarina of Time was "Infernal Dinosaur," so I guess Dodongod are dinosaurs, then. Well, I guess that's enough information for a simple answer.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
normal_60983_CTRP_AQE_char33_ad_Kopie.jpg

normal_60991_CTRP_AQE_char41_ad_Kopie.jpg

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well it seems like the Races in Skyward Sword were the first true races on the land of Hyrule as they are seen with Hylia herself. However like Trio and JuicieJ pointed out Dodongos and Lizalfos are very reminiscent of Dinosaurs so I guess there's your answer.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Besides the lizard-like races we've seen thus far, I'd say it is very well possible that Zelda did indeed have its races that predated the currently known Hylians, Zora, and Gorons. And why wouldn't the series have them? There had to be a start somewhere...oh WAIT never mind! I lied; the series deals in magic! :P

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Aside from Dodongoes, Lizalfos and various dragons...

There are fossils in Hyrule. Look closely at the walls of the Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess and the rocks in Eldin Province in Skyward Sword and you'll see sea-life type fossils, ammonites and the like. At least, I recall seeing those things when I last played.

I don't know where it is to link it, but I once saw a picture on Deviant Art that someone did of Loftwing evolution - from a therapod / raptor type dinosaur into a crimson Loftwing. That's just fanwork, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom