• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Talk to Yourself?

T

Trust

It's quite a nasty habit.

I don't do it out loud, though, not at all. I do have conversations with a voice that seems to originate from my mind. I'll most likely do it when I can't come up with an answer to a problem, so school is a likely location for the conversations with myself to reoccur. The benevolence of the "voice" is quite delightful, although, sometimes I can disagree with myself.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Yes I talk to myself, I find it helps me think or focus on something.
I prefer to talk to myself with someone there to listen, it makes it less awkward.
I guess what I really do is think out loud, It might be slightly different than holding a convo with one'self

My dad realized something great about homeschooling:
If someone asks if he is talking to himself, he can reply "Nope, I'm just having a parent-teacher conference." :P

When I'm alone I read stuff out loud to myself, or sometimes at work or when I'm doing chores I'll say stuff to myself about certain things I'm doing.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
I do talk to myself sometimes...
Usually when I'm studying pages of notes. But sometimes I talk to myself about what I need to do...etc

Naga

MUSICALITY!
Sometimes I talk to myself while solving complicated math problems for homework.

"6x and 3x are like terms, so combine..."
"distributive property, so now that's 2x + 55..."

And if I'm very angry about something I'll rant to myself in my room while I'm crying.
And I'll talk to myself if I'm home alone and just plain bored.
And even just earlier I got home from school to find no one there and I also discovered that I lost my house keys. "Crud where's my keys! Door please be open! Oh, yay it's open! Thank you!" ok, technically that counts as talking to the back door but WHATEV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom