• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Talk to Yourself?

bunny

birb overlord
(I apologize if there is already a similar thread.)

I have often overheard others talking to themselves. My sister is one individual who does this the most. I'll be in the other room and I can hear her babbling about random things. She does it constantly; sometimes I have to ask her to stop.

This afternoon I was doing some chores and I realized that I had been talking to myself. I'm a really talkative person, so it didn't really surprise me.

I've also caught myself rambling random things that I've learned in Japanese. I try to use what I memorize, so I guess it's not a bad thing...

Anyways, I found it pretty interesting and I wondered if any of you do the same.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I talk to myself all the time... All the time... even during school.
"Hey, Atticus, I think this is the right answer."
"OMG, you're right! That's the right answer!"
"Great team work Atticus!"
"IKR, Atticus?"
*highfives self*

1vnm6

Austin

Austin
Not out loud. I do have a constant inner dialogue with a voice in my head though. He only says nice things though, so it's cool.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Yes. I do. A lot.
By a lot, I mean basically any time I'm alone or not in any sort of contact with anybody. I'll usually rant to myself about something stupid or explain to myself something I already know, or go on about how amazing something is... it depends on my mood at the time.

oh all the time!
Especiallyif I'm alone someplace and am not sure what to do
or in a store....
it's awkwards

I talk to myself pretty much no matter where I am. Even in public, lol. I don't really care.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I talk to myself quite often actually, and by myself I mean Blood Shadow, the mental manefestation of my inner darkness. I mean, we made a truce years ago now so it’s not often he’ll chime in saying something cruel, but often enough we’ll have conversations about whatever. Bicker about troublesome things, converse about basic things, or even ponder deeply about more serious things, we’ll chat about whatever…and yes, we both agree that I’m a little mad, but also do not care about that fact. It’s also been stated by a few others who have seen this side of me that Blood Shadow has an alright sense of humor, and while I suppose he does, at times it can be quite sharp. But regardless, yes, I do talk to myself...it's fun.

octorok74

TETTAC
I do. It helps me solve problems in my head. And I craft some amazing stories while I talk to myself, though I can never put them on paper. But sometimes I just talk to myself, because I am the only person I trust that moment.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I talk to myself all the time, usually in English (despite it not being my first language) for some reason. Sometimes it's as myself, and other times it's in character, lol

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
It's part of my habit that I must do it. I can't stop talking to myself, that's messing my habit up. Yes. I sometimes speak to myself whenever I'm alone or when I do it for fun. The reason I speak to myself at home is because my brothers are at school and my sister's at work. So, I speak with me.

Forever Alone....;-;

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Do I talk to myself? Do I talk to myself?

Oh, maliciously.

I do believe I haven't gone a single day in a long time without talking to myself. I do it constantly. Typically, I do it when I'm alone, in my room or other parts of my house when no one else happens to be around. The way I talk to myself is simply verbalizing what I'm thinking about at the moment. I don't know why I tend to vocalize it when I'm alone, but I do.

I also talk to myself when doing homework, especially math homework. I always work out the math work verbally. I also talk to myself when preparing food. I will literally stand there and confirm aloud with myself what I need to get to make something. Again, I don't know why I do it aloud. This also basically shuts off when someone else is around. I only ever seem to talk to myself when I'm alone.

I think I get it from my mother. She talks to herself a lot too, but I do it a lot more than she does. Maybe I'm just lonely. ;~;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom