• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Post As Yourself?

Dan

Do you post as yourself, the ideal version of yourself, or post what you think others would like to hear, for example what the majority think is acceptable.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
When I post, I try to be as true to myself as I can, or at least as the kind of person I try to be. I don't really believe in adopting a fake persona online. I can see how it might be fun for some people, but I'm not interested in doing that. I'm talking to other real people, so I try to keep it real myself.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I post based on who I am. Each opinionated post is 100% based on my own personal opinion, and everything I say on here is true to me. However, I do have a completely different personality online than I do IRL. I'm much more laid back online than IRL (which some people may find surprising), but I'm also more outgoing. In terms of what I post and say on here though, it's always the real me.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I'm definitely myself. Really though, if I acted the way most people would think I would act, I would have a lot more enemies.

Also, I think that no matter what anyone says, they post as themselves. Even if it's completely different then how they act in real life, it's still themselves. Its just them when they are free from the standards of normal life. It's them when no ones watching...

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Well, Myself IS the ideal version of myself- if that makes sense....
(Like- I mean who I am inside is who I want to be, just- me)
But anyway, I just post what I think or feel. That's about it.
Though, usually it's backed up by logical/philosophical thought. But that's who I am- a thinker. xD

But yes, in short, I am me and I post as me. I can't be anybody else because that's not who I am.

The only saddening thing is, I sometimes feel like the inner me is in the wrong body. :lol:
Who I am inside doesn't quite match up in appearance most of the time. :/

Last edited:
I'm extremely reserved, introverted, and anxious in the real world, so I feel like I subconciously project as much as my suppressed personality as I can online. A lot of the things I say on here are things that would probably turn people off irl. And I have no one to talk to about in the real world anyway. I mean, the closest thing I had to that is gone. Unfortunately, my introvertedness and anxiety has led to my having poor social skills, which shows in various ways online. For instance, I often type in such a way that confuses others, while other times, I say things that may be perceived as insensitive or mean. I've even been called a troll: the most egregious of insults, in my opinion. I mean absolutely no harm in doing so, but a person with already-poor social skills can only express so much through text. But yeah, this is all me—the wolf mannerisms and all. "Wolf Sage" is a play on certain parts of my real name and some other things, and I kind of use it as a 'fursona.'

I can almost guarantee that my situation reflects the same thing for others. It's not that they're putting on some façade or a mask to beguile and/or try to impress people online (though it isn't uncommon for some people to do this); sometimes it's just people expressing various aspects of themselves that they're not able to express in the real world. Unfortunately, some people express 'bad' things online.

Piggy backing off of wolf here I try to post as myself but sometimes have been known to post or say things I wouldn't "IRL" lol but it doesn't mean that I don't think it in real life, like for instance in the Mature Discussion, I'll comment on something if I don't agree where as in real life I might just chuckle to myself and keep going on, I still think the same I just don't bring it up in person because I'm not overly interactive.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I'm pretty much myself. I've always been like that. The only time I'm not is if I'm texting someone and trying to make an impression on them. But there's no one on here I want to impress XD So frick it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom