• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Play a Musical Instrument?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've been playing drums for about 4 years now. I'm mostly self-taught, but I've also looked at video lessons. I usually play classic and progressive rock, ranging in complexity from The Beatles to Rush, and I'm also in a rock band.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I've been playing a few instruments for a whole. I started with cello, and then went to trombone and guitar.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I've been taking piano lessons for 10 years now, I only learn Royal Conservatory classical music (which I really don't enjoy.) But around last year I started teaching myself how to learn by ear so I can play more than just classical stuff. I can play the saxophone, although to be fair I'm awful at it because I got stuck with it in music class. I'm really tempted to learn guitar and I might start taking some sort of lessons soon.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
I play the violin as a major instrument.

I finished all my grades for piano but now i just play the music I like and record it for youtube :D

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I took vocal, piano, and guitar lessons as a child. I'm a singer first and used to compete in vocal ensembles and play at coffee houses. Honestly, I only play piano and guitar to accompany my voice. I wish I could play drums. I have a djembe I can beat on like a neanderthal...envious of a good rock drummer like Danny Carey.

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
I'm a percusionist, to the end. Been in all sorts of drum-related stuff for almost 8 years now, and boy do I love it. Hoping to go studio with my drumset playing. And yes, being a percussionist is much different from being a drummer.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Do you consider a computer an instrument? Cause that's my main tool for making music. I produce music using a DAW (digital audio workshop) called Reason (created by the company Propellerheads) and I've crafted ambient, orchestral, club, techno, dance, and hiphop beats with it. I love it.

Aside form that I also use a Yamaha Portable Grand, which I love to death, and a couple Korg Monotron analogue synths, one with a delay effect, and one with two oscillators.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I play piano, drums, a little bit of bass, recorder, and I can sing (kind of). I used to play trumpet.

The first instrument I ever learned was the recorder (soprano) back in Grade 3. I picked it up quite fast, and immediately became good at it. But I found it to be kind of boring, so I decided to take piano lessons starting in Grade 6. I still play piano to this day, and I wam working on the Grade 7 level. At my elementary school, Grade 7 students had to take band class. But I was in a 6/7 split, so I got to do it early. I decided to play the trumpet because I loved the way they sounded. I enjoyed it, and was the best in the class, but I ditched it in Grade 7 in favour of percussion. In Grade 7, all we did was play snare drum, and a little bit of bells (Which I had no problem with, being a piano player). My Dad bought me a drumset for Christmas that year, one that I still have to this day (Although, I did buy a better sounding one, since I am playing in a Rock Band with my friends). I was really excited when High School came around because our school had tons of exotic percussion instruments including Timpanes, Timbales, bongos and congas, a Gong, and a Djembe. These are just some of the many percussion instruments I have the priviledge to play on a day-to-day basis! My love for bass came on my 15th birthday, when my friend gave me an electric bass. I didn't take lessons or anything, but I sort of started teaching myself. I no longer have that bass since my friend got it for free, and I didn't want to have to pay off my birthday present, but I still jam on my friends' basses occasionally. I do sing a little bit, but it's my own unique style. I never took singing lessons or sang in front of a crowd, but I have heard positive feedback from my family and friends who say my singing is satisfactory!

Manolito Mystiq

Innovative Artist
I'm a singer. My voice is quite like James LaBrie's: very light and lyrical, which in a way is a problem. My voice is very diverse, so it's hard to find a basis.

I studied Flamenco Guitar at a conservatory, along with minoring in Musical Theatre Performance, World Music Singing, and World Music Composition. I started as a metal guitarist, though, playing Metallica, Extreme, Dream Theater, and Queen.

I've also started playing piano, and I transcribe a whole lot (it could become my profession).

I'm working on using Hollywood Strings, Brass, and Winds, too.

I play the violin, the guitar, the saxophone, the piano, a bit bass and drum, I can also play the kazoo very well. I wish I could sing however.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I play the Piano. I would consider myself to be good, but nowhere near the best or anything like that. Either way, I love playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom