• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Play a Musical Instrument?

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
If so, how good do you consider yourself to be?
Let's see for me I play guitar (mainly acoustic, I dig the crisp sound) and double bass in my school orchestra.
As for guitar, I've been playing for a long time and the only thing I ever learned from the lessons I took over about a year was some techniques and how to read tab, but no chords or sheet music. :( But I've gotten a lot better since then, learned a ton of chords and in the process of learning to read sheet music for guitar.
I'm a lot better at double bass, not trying to brag, but I'm second chair in the Junior All-County Orchestra (not to mention that Horry County is larger than Rhode Island). I learned an entire year's worth in only one month (had to catch up with the rest of my school orchestra because I started a year late) and went on to be where I'm at now.
I apologize if there's already a thread like this. :sweat:

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Yes, I am currently in my school band & I play the Violin, Sax, & Flute. I am currently teaching myself to play the keyboard. I'm the most experienced with my Flute, so I think I'm very skilled with it. I've played the Soprano Sax for 3 years, so I think I'm ok with it, but I could use practice. I have played the Violin for about the same amount of time I've had my Sax, but I'm a beginner. It feels weird to play it without me having to control my breathing.

I play Guitar, Piano, Viola, Violin, and I suck at the harmonica and I don't know how to play too well (BUT I'M PUTTING IT DOWN ANYWAY).

Guitar I've been playing forever and I'm pretty good. Really there is NO modest way to say it.
Piano...I'm not too good but I can play alot of things you put in front of me(as long as they are not tough songs). I'm also the best at making songs on the piano out of all the interments I play.
Viola: Learned it in school, because its cooler than the violin. I'm normal (I guess you could call it that). Not amazing, but I know how to play it.
Violin: picked it up when learning the viola. Same story ^

EDIT: I envy those people who play brass/woodwind interments...

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
The musical instrument I'm probably the most skilled at is the piano. I've been playing for around 9 years, though I haven't really done any public performances or things like at. I also play and practice on my ocarina.

Claire

The Geekette
I started learning how to play the piano when I was in 1st or 2nd grade, self-taught, until 3rd grade when I started getting lessons. The piano is probably the best instrument I can play, though I also learned how to play the clarinet and have toyed around with an ocarina on more than one occasion. They're not comparable to my abilities with the piano, but even that could be dramatically improved. I've also learned a little bit playing with an acoustic guitar, but it's really not my thing.

Joy

The Sexy One
I don't play an instrument, unfortunately. I'd love to. If I could, I'd play the electric bass or the acoustic guitar. Those are pretty cool.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I do play a musica instrument which is: Piano, Keyboard and Recorder. The most skilled is Piano and Recorder, since I've learned it since I was little, kindergerten perhaps (around 4 yrs). I just learned Recorder last year (school's main instrument) and starting to get a hang of it.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I play guitar primarily. I can play bass, although I typically prefer guitar. The bass guitar is generally an awkward instrument for me, due to the strings being so big and far apart.
I can play ocarina pretty well, but the ocarina is such a simple instrument to play that I can't really count it.

I'd like to learn drums in the future, but I couldn't imagine my family being okay with me having a drum set in the house. :xd:

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I play guitar and piano. I can play all types of guitars, though I prefer the distortion from electric. I play metallica, Iron Maiden, and Zelda.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I play piano and harp.

I'm quite advanced in piano (or at least I like to think so) though I pretty much only play Zelda songs any more. My mom is a piano teacher, so I'm lucky to have someone I can consult when I don't understand something. I only took traditional lessons when I was in kindergarten and first grade, and then I took a long break until fifth grade. By then I'd forgotten most things, but my mom slowly taught me everything again. As a result, I still find some difficulty reading music, and there are certain musical terms I don't understand (like I still have no clue what the heck a dominant seventh is, even though my mom's tried to explain it) but I can play pretty well.

For harp, I've only been playing for about a year and a half, but I'm not bad. I play in a community orchestra and do okay.

I really wish I could play violin, though. I took it for one year in fourth grade at my school, but then I switched schools and my new one didn't have a program for orchestral instruments. But I think it has such a pretty sound.

Last edited:

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I haven't actually been professionally taught anything, but I do play the Ocarina and the Recorder ^^. I also play some tunes on the keyboard, and even less so with the guitar :rolleyes:.

And I'm trying to get my hands on a bass or a harp. I've seen some videos on the harp, and it sounds beautiful! I also love the sound of wind chimes, they're so mesmerizing!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Thirteen years of experience with piano (I had to stop last year since I've moved out), and eight years experience with the trumpet. I know I could easily still pick up and play either.
I also have some experience with the ocarina.

I'd like to get an Irish Harp.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Well, I don't mean to brag, but I have a Masters Degree in playing the Kazoo. Seriously tho, I play the cello... I started way back in 5th grade. I am also learning how to play the viola :).

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I've been playing piano for a while now and I'm pretty good. I can read songs and even know how to throw in extra notes. I only do it in my free time but have participated in a couple of competitions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom