• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like the Idea of Naming You Bird.

@Crash: I actually like that one! it fits well with future titles XD
@athenian200: You are completely right on that! That's why I am a bit on the I do not know side! But hopefully it is true and we get to name the bird :D

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
I'd like to name mine Loftos. It seems like fitting one for a special red loftwing.
Any name would be creative, except for Epona. Wasn't Epona derived from pony? I think it just doesn't fit.

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
no he is not right

A LITTLE SPOILERS NOT TOO BAD

in the first 15 minutes of gameplay that was shown link almost "falls" off then he is stumbling on the edge clearly afraid to fall then "someone" pushes him and tells him to whistle cause link doesnt know what to do then his bird comes i think that that is proof enouph that that is the first time he meets his bird

In the first 15 minutes of gameplay footage Zelda's father talks about how even when Link was a small child, him and his bird always had a special connection and he knew how to fly well right away - confirming that Link, at least, had his bird from a very young age.

I think I'd call it Medli if it's a girl, and Keeta if it's a boy, because I like these characters, maybe I'll call it Pinkie or Spike too, after Mlp. on my second playthrough I'd probably call it something innaproperiate because that's how mature I am ^^

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
To be honest...if they did not let you name the bird, then we will see a change to the typical creature formula used by Nintendo. I am pretty sure that in every other game you get to name 'Epona' whatever you wish, with the exception of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask...unless of course my memory fails me. I like that you aren't stuck to keeping a set name for the creature as you are never really stuck with always naming Link by...well, Link. It would be nice if the bird had an official name that we could use when talking about it, but if 'Link's Loftbird' suffices then I guess things would work. Sticking to the sky theme of Skyward Sword, why not call it Redfeather, Windcatcher or something along those lines (with the exception of Wind Waker....the potential confusion would be a disaster...). However, anything is possible and they might pull the reworked creature name idea (as DinNayruFarore pointed out with Epona being derived from pony). I guess we can all make our speculations, but I strongly believe that if they do set a name, it will definitely be sky related.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I was thinking about this topic a while back. I'm pretty sure you will be able to! Link can't just call his Loftwing "that giant Red Bird over there!" whenever he needs to talk about it!

To be honest...if they did not let you name the bird, then we will see a change to the typical creature formula used by Nintendo. I am pretty sure that in every other game you get to name 'Epona' whatever you wish, with the exception of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask...unless of course my memory fails me.

Wich leaves only Twilight Princess. Also, I'm pretty sure Epona appears in MC and FSA I don't know if you can name her in these games, but I don't think so.

W

Wagenfaust

Well, if bird-naming is an option I'll probably just go with the default name.
Knowing me, I'll probably pick something lame and regret it later. :(

I know your mount's name is quite a trivial matter (In my opinion, at least), but I don't want to let anything dampen my enjoyment of the game after I get it on the 20th.

Default name seems okey to me.
I always think about it very long when I have to fill in names for characters, so a default name would take that burden away from me :)

I honestly don't think the bird gets a name. If it did, don't you think someone who has played the game would have said something?

W

Wagenfaust

As I said, assuming the option exists, it's a very minor feature. Probably not worth throwing into a review in the grand scope of things.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
If this choice is made, because I watched that video too. I would name mine....The Joker, no....I will use that for Link, I'll use Scarface

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom