• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like the Idea of Naming You Bird.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@Thareous: For some reason that idea kind of reminds me of how they depicted the king of red lions. Like the boat looked red and kind of kingly so I think I know where you are going with this! XD....or maybe not... LOL

Didn't consider that before, actually. A good comparison, but I'm not basing it off anything otherwise.

I'm so unoriginal, I'll probably stick with Epona for old time's sake :yes:
I wonder if they'll have a name suggestion/preset name like in TP ? o.o

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
Its already been confirmed that Link and Zelda had their birds from childhood so you would have to name it from the start if there was an option. I don't think naming it will be an option though, because then it would never get an official name, which would suck to just have it known as 'Loftwing' without a name (other than what we individually decide to name it). It would be like if we just knew Epona as 'Horse' haha. I didn't like that they let you change Epona's name in TP anyway. I mean, Link's horse has always been called Epona, enough said :)

Its already been confirmed that Link and Zelda had their birds from childhood so you would have to name it from the start if there was an option. I don't think naming it will be an option though, because then it would never get an official name, which would suck to just have it known as 'Loftwing' without a name (other than what we individually decide to name it). It would be like if we just knew Epona as 'Horse' haha. I didn't like that they let you change Epona's name in TP anyway. I mean, Link's horse has always been called Epona, enough said :)

I guess you are right but the fun of naming the bird would of been a golden option! Not to mention that was kind of dumb naming your horse in Tp because everytime I play the game I call it Epona..
I guess this thread could be a what if? XD

Wisdom Triforce

Call of duty FTL (spits)
no he is not right

A LITTLE SPOILERS NOT TOO BAD

in the first 15 minutes of gameplay that was shown link almost "falls" off then he is stumbling on the edge clearly afraid to fall then "someone" pushes him and tells him to whistle cause link doesnt know what to do then his bird comes i think that that is proof enouph that that is the first time he meets his bird

no he is not right

A LITTLE SPOILERS NOT TOO BAD

in the first 15 minutes of gameplay that was shown link almost "falls" off then he is stumbling on the edge clearly afraid to fall then "someone" pushes him and tells him to whistle cause link doesnt know what to do then his bird comes i think that that is proof enouph that that is the first time he meets his bird

Now I am completely confused :S
Okay maybe we get to name the bird when he falls off the cliff and whistles and that is when we name the bird! (But then again that is what I thought before..) I do not see why we cannot name the bird since well it has not been mentioned a name sooo yes! I guess he could be wrong which means we probably will get to name the bird! "Confettie" :clap:

If there's no default option I'll just name mine Crest! Get him ready for his role for Hyrule and the Royal Crest! lol

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Nintendo is giving us the bird, but the question is whether we can name it or not? xD

I do not particularly care whether I'm allowed to name it or not. In Ocarina of Time, I was given a horse with the default name of Epona, and I didn't mind that. Also, in games where I have the option of using nicknames, I usually go with the default. However, I do think that the feature should be included for people who want to make use of it. I don't really see that it would be hard to implement, and they did establish a precedent for it in Twilight Princess. So it would seem strange to reverse the addition of that feature now, especially if they hope to target a younger generation that may have grown up on TP and been attracted to that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom