• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you like Babies?

Do you like babies

• Yes

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • God no.

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
Definitely. I loved playing with my nephew and I'll love having kids of my own someday.

Babies aren't well-behaved by default but they are smart. They learn how to get what they want, and in the hands of a bad parent, that means they're going to scream and cry and misbehave. Gentle but firm parents don't reward and therefore don't allow this behavior, and the baby learns more constructive methods of getting what they need and asking for what they want. People mischaracterize babies as stupid, but they're actually wickedly intelligent at figuring out what works. What they can't do easily is practice empathy; that gets taught later. But even an unempathetic person (let alone a baby) can behave well if their bad behaviors are not rewarded. Kids are innocent. Whatever they do wrong is more or less their parents' fault. I get annoyed when I hear screaming kids but in every case I glare at their parents. Most of the complaints I hear about babies are bad parenting.

With all that in mind, I don't see how outright disliking babies can be caused by much of anything except someone's own lack of empathy... and if you lack empathy you don't really have much of high-ground to look down on babies from.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh yes I like them. I'm definitely not one to walk over and drool over them. I think they're more fun when they're older and start to develop some personality. I wished for myself to have children of my own but that's not going to happen. But I do love them. I agree with Axle. It's not the fault of the children. The parents raise them. Kids don't raise themselves. Of cousre in some very rare cases we got kids who were born to be evil so to speak but that's for another topic.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
When people say baby’s are loud as hell then there thinking of toddlers cause to me, when baby’s cry it’s pretty quiet even when there newborn

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
yeah but only if it's not sticking around, like if it's a visiting relative then yeah I like babies
though last time I fully interacted w/ a baby was 6-7 years ago w/ my youngest niece,and she was a pleasant baby I'll have to admit,heck I find her pleasant now

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Filthy creatures. They smell. They bite. They spit. And they're expensive. Still, they're good with a bottle of Chianti and some fava beans.

Far as I'm concerned, there are more than enough loud, obnoxious, whiny, lazy, hungry, dirty, needy, incoherent, spoiled, stupid, helpless, inarticulate brats in the world. Last thing we need are miniature ones.

Ninja

Well well well
The beginning stage of them being drool and poop machines I'm not so much a fan of. However once they grow up a bit and develop a touch of personality then they're cool.

The first time I've changed a diaper was an experience I'll never forget. I was babysitting my nephew so my brother and his wife could go on a date and I smelled the most rabid thing in the universe. It was like old milk scented **** with a side of pureed broccoli.

I quickly unwrapped the diaper and realized the reality of this situation. I shouted in murder for Jessie to come over and hold his legs while I cleaned up the nuclear bomb. I will never look at chilli the same way again. And to top it all off, my nephew was peachy and giggly about the whole thing.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Babies are so spoilt!! My niece had a sleep so the whole, I repeat, WHOLE house was dark and silent while she slept, and when shes awake theyre all Dizzi give her attention!! I dont wanna give her freaking attention every freaking minute of every day, and the grown ups clothes dont get washed cyz her clothes are in the wash and nothing else must touch....

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I literally want all those disgusting mouth breathing troglodytes to stumble into a volcano — no, guess you could say I'm not fond of babies. With young children and teens, at least they're capable of a conversation.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I literally want all those disgusting mouth breathing troglodytes to stumble into a volcano — no, guess you could say I'm not fond of babies. With young children and teens, at least they're capable of a conversation.
Really? I wouldn't count ones best attempts at repeating verbatim lines from last nights episode of Family Guy as "conversation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom