• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Allow Your Pet(s) on the Furniture?

bunny

birb overlord
I don't have any pets now, but when my family owned a dog we never let her on the furniture unless one of us was holding her. Plus, my mom didn't want dog hair on the couch. She also had a reputation for ripping stuff up. She destroyed our Play Station... There were other reasons, too, but those were the main ones.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My cats "think" they have free rein of the house, but they always get yelled at when they go on the counters. They are allowed to be on the couch and chairs unless I want to sit there. :P

What? This thread isn't old enough to be considered dead, hush yo' gums.

Well, we have gerbils. So, they're all tiny and cute and stuff. But, yeah, we let them on the couch. They're very adventuresome and curious, and will scurry all over the place. Of course, we supervise them when we get them out of their cage and place them on the couch. Initially, after we had the couch cushions replaced, my dad told us to no longer let them onto the couch, but then our little Nutmeg decided that she really liked pillows. Our current two gerbils, Nug and Cinny, are really good at not bathroom-ing all over the place when they're out and played with, so it's fine.

1PuLA

Nutmeg, queen of the pillows (left) and Cinnamon, the confused blob (right)

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
This mutt is the king of the furniture:

268319_3923788659967_1913649880_n.jpg

Seriously, if he's on it and you want on it, you're going to have to remove him physically cuz he won't budge for no one.

Then there's my moms dog:

254989_3845850871571_1427467127_n.jpg

She has her own "special" spot on every single piece of furniture and if you're in her spot, she'll just up next to you and glare at you (as seen in the pic) until you move.

They don't give me any choice. :P

I'm of the opinion, though, that if you want a housepet, you need to be prepare to sacrifice a few things - whether it's getting pet hair on your favorite shirt or couch, or having to clean up after them. I think of pets the same way I think of children - they're worth whatever inconveniences they might cause you, but if you're materialistic, you should think twice before committing to them.

I once knew someone who complained about how much she hated cats for destroying her, I think it was, $30,000 couch... Oh, and she bragged about taking her neighbor's cat and dumping it off hours away at a high-kill shelter and leaving its collar on their doorstep. -_- People like that shouldn't have pets at all. Animals aren't objects or toys that you can discard whenever you want - they're living, breathing beings.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Yes, I do mind so I don't let my dog on the furniture. The reason, however, is quite simple. You see, I own chickens and livestock so my dog is, how do you say, dirty XD

Yep. I have a lovely fur-lined chez. xD Joking, but I do. I used o let my ca in bed with me. SHe'd watch through the night as I slept. It's quite nistalgic, thinkking about it... I miss her. She was soft and warm, always alert. And her mewlign at the door would eventually make me open it... not that I minded.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
My dog would sleep with me on the couch when I pass out in the living room(eh my PS3 is in there so why not...) well my family doesn't care as long they won't use the bathroom on them xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom