• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Actually Like Sleeping?

Dan

Yes I do, it all depends how I'm feeling however, if I have work the next day I really need to hit the hay, I've even got so desperate for sleep once I actually did hit some hay on a field, didn't work, did get chased by farmers however. I used to be alright the next day if I didn't sleep however, sadly doesn't seem I can do that anymore, as I feel uber terrible if I don't sleep for one day. I can get away with feeling alright the next day with two hours sleep. To conclude I wish I didn't have to sleep sometimes as I feel I have more to do in a day sometimes.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I enjoy sleeping, especially this time of the year when I can comfortably set my bed warmer to High. It is the falling asleep that bugs me. It takes me a good 30-45 minutes to fall asleep on a good night. It becomes a hassle and I dislike it. On top of that, I have what I call "night paranoia". My mind wanders and thinks about what sort of person/ghost/something demonic that would be lookin at me when I open my eyes. Sleeping though...so nice.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh boy do I like sleeping? I freaking loving it!! I used to have days when I could go on with let's say 1 hour of sleep and this several days in a row but I can't even stay awake anymore after being up 24 hours. I must have my sleep. I noticed last week when I had to pick up my new pass and we had our national the day before and I could only pick it up in the morning. I stayed awake the whole night, picked my pass up and I felt so dizzy all because of the lack of sleep for one freaking night. There used to be days when I could easily go on but not anymore.

I fully agree with TBR. Sleep is not just resting. If it was not important at all there already would have been something invented to prevend us from getting sleep. Sleep is probably more important than people tend to think. It has even been said with a certain amount of sleep per day people live longer. I don't know if this is true since I haven't experienced it yet myself :P But I know that I really LOVE sleeping :D

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I am pretty neutral toward sleeping at night. I really want to stay up late on some nights, but my body nearly quits on me near midnight. Since my room has no heating/cooling system, waking up in the middle of the night with a sweaty back or numb feet is a common occurrence. It can also take twenty minutes to an hour to fall asleep;I have to lie in my bed and talk to myself. Then there are weird dreams that never make a lick of sense, a mating cricket that forced me to sleep on the living room couch, and some ruckus of people that I thought were going to bomb my apartment.

Naps are a different story. Every time that I happen to doze or nod off, it feels like wasted time. The strange part is that I only nap in cars and only cars. It doesn't take long either. On my twenty minute ride to and from school, there is enough time for me to go REM mode and have dreams. On the bright side, I cannot legally drive.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Its nice and all, but I wish I didn't need to sleep. I would rather have it more as a hobby, something that helps pass time. Sometimes sleep just gets in the way, while other times its relaxing and fun. If we all ran on non-stop energy via eating or charging ourselves, I'd go to sleep a lot less.

I go through rather frequent bouts of insomnia, so sleep is generally something I appreciate when I can get a worthwhile amount of it. Honestly, I'd say it's one of the very few activities that I actually enjoy. :P

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I freaking love sleep. I have extremely vivid dreams that seem to go on forever, and sometimes it seems like I'm able to predict the future with what I've seen (I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation for that, but sometimes this pseudo-clairvoiance gets downright creepy), and sometimes it can get hard for me to tell when I'm in a dream if it's good enough. So yeah, I like sleep because it allows me to get blissfully lost inside my head (unless that damned Slender Man shows up, then I just want out). One time I was asleep for 18 hours. That was a good day.

On the flip side, I've never had a set sleep schedule. I like to stay up to all hours of the night and try to see just how far I can go without sleep (Idunno why, just out of curiosity I guess) but then it gets past the 30-hour mark and my mind just completely unravels until I pass out into a mini-coma. Even during more normal periods I stay up really late, even if I know I need to go to work the next day.

If I had it my way, I would stay up as long as I wanted, then sleep for as long as I wanted. True, this would lead to 36-hour days, but whatever.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have trouble sleeping and when I do I don't get as much as I want because I took so long getting to sleep in the first place.
I can't bear to stay in bed too late either.
My dreams are pretty crazy and are usually either really good or really horrible.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
To be honest I asked this question because I know a few people who actually hate going to bed. Not because they're some kind of nocturnal humans or crazy party animals, but simply because they just hate sleeping. This stems from them being uncomfortable and taking too long to actually get to sleep an I myself have suffered from this and still do sometimes.

Although I enjoy a good night's rest like most people, I often suffer from what I've bolded above as well. I'll get ready for bed, lay down, but won't actually fall asleep for another hour or more. Even though my overactive imagination manages to keep me occupied for the most part, it can get rather obnoxious when it happens virtually every night. It also doesn't help that I can hear my mom's television from all the way across the hall.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Let's put it this way...

Nighttime: I hate sleep, I wish I could stay up forever
Morning: I would kill people just to be able to stay in bed

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I enjoy sleeping once I actally get to sleep, but sometimes it's annoying because I'm really tired and just can't fall asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom