• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do people on these forums act the same way they do here as in real life?

Are you different in real life

• yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • no

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm mostly the same. Probably a little more restrained here as some of the things I'd prefer to say would be controversial and probably get me banned because I'm usually a lot more hateful and intolerant of stupidity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio
Yes, although I'm more sensitive in the real world when people tell me how much they hate the military. I've made an effort to restrain myself on Zelda Dungeon.

I used to be like that, though nowadays I try to be more respectful of people who join the military. I disagree, but as it is, we kind of need one, even though I'd love for our country to just stay out of stuff that doesn't directly concern them, and I'm happy that people like you have given me the opportunity to stay out of the military.

Salem

SICK
I speak irl a lot less often than online, I tend to wait until everyone speaks his turn and then I speak but in forums, it doesn't matter?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd say that I am fairly similar in both ZD and in person, the only difference I can think of is me being far less reserved amongst my close friends in person than anywhere online.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Yeeaaahhh pretty much the same, though if there's a difference it'd be I'm painfully direct/a lot more vulgar as my restraint on speaking my mind is practically non-existent. Online, I can see what I'm about to post and edit stuff, whereas IRL it kinda just spews out and after the damage is done, I'm like... there's no delete button IRL. Welp.

D

Deleted member 81859

IRL I am a mix of formal and sweet in public.
With my friends, I'm energetic, but mom friend/10
With my best friends I am crude.

You get to see the ****post side of me I can't reveal in public.

KTep

Picori_Kev1n
I don't really talk much. But when I do, I need more time to think about what I'm going to say. Starting & maintaining a conversations takes alot of effort for me.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
i feel like this more **** im a bad judge of and people probably have different opinions on though largely on or off internet i just stick to what believe which currently is posting this with **** grammar :)

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
sadly, most of us probably arent

Misty

Ronin
i feel like this more **** im a bad judge of and people probably have different opinions on though largely on or off internet i just stick to what believe which currently is posting this with **** grammar :)

And in real life, I'd grind your nutz against a wall for being ****e with grammar. Here on the internet, I'm forced to use less draconian measures like asking politely and repeating myself.

Misty

Ronin
You used a period!

Plot twist: I'm different on IM than on forums in my communication style. You, on the other hand, don't use commas no matter what context you're in.

Funny, isn't it? When it comes to grammar, I'm more duplicitous. Who would have guessed.

Clannad%252Bpower%252Bkick%252Banime%252Bclannad%252Bhttp%252Bmyanimelistnet%252Banime%252B2167%252Bclannad_3e43ee_4707495.gif

^Artist's rendering of what is going to happen to Dark Master if he keeps it up today.

Dan

I don't see it necessary to act any different on a forum. I'm sure members that are perhaps shy in reality find it easier to be themselves here though.

Tsynk

VoinTsynk
I don't act no different when I speak to people on the Internet as I do in real life.

Edit: I just act like I do in real life, no different, I want people to know the real me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom