• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do People Guess Your Age Correctly?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
People get it wrong quite often. Usually people that have just met me think I'm a little younger and people that I've known for a while think I'm older than I am (18). Some people are astounded that I'm already 18 when they find out and others are like "I thought you were 20".

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
For me, it depends on who's doing the guessing. People who are older than me typically think I'm younger than I am (based on appearance), but people younger than me usually think I'm older than I am (based on the way I act).

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I never used to have my age guessed correctly. People either think I'm much younger than I am or that I'm much older. They're rarely ever even close which is 19 (turning 20 soon).
I get IDed a lot still, and bouncers etc tell me I look around 16/17 but then at work my friend thought I was the same age as her- 26!
Over the past year or so though I've definitely aged visibly in my face. I definitely used to look much younger than I was, but now I do get more correct age guesses than I used to. I don't think I'll age particularly badly because I still have quite a young face. I think the main reason people think I'm older is because of the way I act- I'm quite quiet when you first meet me and I don't really have that kiddish, messing around Peter Pan way of acting that others my age sometimes do, but I've never been like that. Idk *shrugs*

People assume I'm older (early 20s, though once I got 25 o_O). I don't understand it, I think I look 18 haha

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Meh, most people would probably assume I'm 15 or 16. But I've been asked if I'm a Freshman before -_- And I just :facepalm:

octorok74

TETTAC
No, people never guess my age right. They always think I'm older then what I am. I'm 21, but people always think I'm 28-30ish. And they always say it's because I act mature. And I love that. Let them think I'm that old.

If I get asked if I'm in my mid-20's one more time... I think I'll flip out. I will be turning 20 in July... but still. People get your crap together.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
People usually round up a little when guessing my age. They tend to guess 17-18 range when I am only 15 (and I thought I looked like it). Although, it is pretty common that my age is guessed right.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
People usually guess my age a lot younger than I really am, and when I tell them how old I really am they seem to be in shock lol.

Fig

The Altruist
Rarely do people get my age correctly whenever they try to guess my age. As far as my knowledge goes, the age range that I have collected from other people goes from 13-24. I really get surprised when people guess near the ends of that range as I personally think I look like my age. There are many factors that go into their guesses. For starters, having a height of 5'3"-5'5" doesn't help as I'm one of the shortest people in my university (I'm willing to argue that at least 75% of the world's population is taller than me). Another reason why people tend to get my age wrong is because of my baby face/facial hair. Facial feature-wise, my face looks like the same as I was 10-12. I don't how it is but it is. It probably might have to do with the fact that as unnatural as it seems, I don't get acne or blemishes on my skin. My facial hair is also added alongside my face because whether or not I have facial hair, I could be depicted as either as a high schooler or a senior in college.
shaving-before-after.png
This image is so true in so many levels, granted that I'm not the only one who has gone through that, but I can't stress enough how people guess my age simply based on whether I have facial hair or not. A few weeks ago, back when I decided to shave my facial hair, I had to go to an adviser for assistance with my financial aid Just the other day, a senior in my university came up to me and asked if I was ready to graduate at the end of the semester. When I told her that I am still a first-time freshman at university, she got embarrassed and told me that I looked exactly like one of her friends. I had to laugh with her because I wasn't expecting such scene, but as I stated, people who don't know me will have a hard time knowing my age based on my current appearance at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom