• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Divine Beasts or Temples?

Divine Beasts or Temples?

• Divine Beasts

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Temples

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters
I didn't like the Divine Beasts. Far too similar looking and they are basically just one big room.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Divine Beasts were a cool concept for dungeons in theory, but the end result was just giant puzzle rooms. There was no sense of progression in them and were far too similar to the shrines scattered throughout the world.

Ninja

Well well well
Divine Beasts were a cool concept for dungeons in theory, but the end result was just giant puzzle rooms. There was no sense of progression in them and were far too similar to the shrines scattered throughout the world.

Divine Beats are a great idea of a mini dungeon, it would have been nice to have to activate the beasts in order to access the appropriate temple.

For example, Vah Ruta would be guarding the entrance to the water temple, let’s call it the Great Spring Temple since that’s where it’s located. The whole story sequence would still remain the same after Vah Ruta, and you’d unlock additional cutscenes after beating the temple boss.

Obviously there would have to be a formidable foe and perhaps there could be semi permanent rewards. The reward for beating the Great Spring Temple would be a 30 minute swift swim buff with 50% stamina reduction that could recharge after 30 minutes real time when wearing the Zora Armor set. Or the ability to unlock the “full potential” of Miphas Spear, extended durability with a damage buff.

The same could apply for the other three areas as well.

Reactions: Doc

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Divine beasts were a neat concept but they were more like mini dungeons than the full blown things, not taking long to complete and of course there was only 4 of them. Their interiors were all samey as well featuring the same kind of ancient tech design. What I liked about real temples is that they all had different settings and environments within them, taking you to a very different place each time.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
you would think that the guardian would've customised their lil beasties, instead of having them all samey....

Oh wow! Look at that poll result, lots of Beast hate.

I'm not a fan of any kind of dungeon in Zelda and I almost voted for the Beasts because they were short, but if a game is gonna have dungeons I'd rather them be varied like temples rather than being samey like the Beasts were, and some temples can be quite short and enjoyable.

bth.gif

#ThatOneGuyWhoVotedBeasts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom