• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Majora's Mask Need More Dungeons?

Have you played MM 100%? It is alot longer than 100% on all 3 of those games. (Unless your collecting golden skulltulas and poes without knowing where to go)

Uhh, well..... do you just look to a walk-through for all of those side quests? Because you pretty much contradicted yourself right there. I think hunting down poes in TP took much longer than anything that MM had to offer when getting 100%, and you can't say "unless you count poes" because poes are part of that game. I have a hard time understanding your point.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Uhh, well..... do you just look to a walk-through for all of those side quests? Because you pretty much contradicted yourself right there. I think hunting down poes in TP took much longer than anything that MM had to offer when getting 100%, and you can't say "unless you count poes" because poes are part of that game. I have a hard time understanding your point.
I didn't mean "unless you count poes" I meant "unless your collecting them blind, as in not knowing where to go"
If you know where to go and the location of every one of the collectable type things (walkthrough or by memory) the game is alot shorter than Majora's Mask.

I didn't mean "unless you count poes" I meant "unless your collecting them blind, as in not knowing where to go"
If you know where to go and the location of every one of the collectable type things (walkthrough or by memory) the game is alot shorter than Majora's Mask.

Still, you're not going to know the location of them all the first time you play, so I still don't see how you can say it doesn't count. Sure, maybe after the fifth time you play it you might have it memorized, but I always assumed we're talking about the first time we play through said game and not the fourth of fifth. I still don't see your point concerning length of side quests.

A

Abyss Master

Have you played MM 100%? It is alot longer than 100% on all 3 of those games. (Unless your collecting golden skulltulas and poes without knowing where to go)

I have played MM 100% actually, and what took me the longest wasn't the masks but the heart pieces. I admit I got lucky on some masks, but mostly it wasn't too hard, because Termina really isn't that big of a world (plus I can warp), so all I had to do was go and talk to everyone, check every place and put two and two together. TP took much longer time for me simply because finding the Poes was a pain in the *** in itself, and you could only find them out in the open upon night time. OoT also took longer for me to finish. WW I haven't played 100% yet but I can already see how it could last very much longer than MM.

I think that Majora's Mask could have had a few more, Not reaching to that of Ocarina of Time but somewhere nearer to that number, But I find that Majora's Mask is just as difficult as OoT as I am still not used to the time thing but I will find it easier than Majora's Mask when I get used to it.

The Temple's where still pretty good though but I don't think they were as good as Ocarina of Time's or even Twilight Princess's, They are nearly as good as TP's but Ocarina is still superior to that of Majora's Mask.

Maybe 1 or 2 more dungeon's would have made this game better and a little bit longer but still. I find that 4 dungeon's is enough to satisfy me with Majora's Mask.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I think it may have needed a few more, like 1 or 2, but MM was mostly for a new type of game aesthtic. It made up for it in subquests, a couple new characters that you could play (scrub link, etc.), and for a new feel to Zelda. Unfortunately, most of the population disagreed with this style, and that is why we haven't seen a repeat of any kind when it comes to the theme of MM.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I think that maybe the dungeons were few, but the sidequests were the thing of matter in MM. I didn't really miss the number of dungeons in OoT, but to some people it was a big problem. I liked MM the way it was, and I know that some people wanted MM to be OoT2, but MM is perfect the way it is.

Even if people wanted Majora's Mask to be the new Ocarina of Time, There was no way, Ocarina is THE best game I have ever played, Most new games from any series can beat it, It was challenging, Took more than 2 hours unlike most new games these days and had that rather annoying solid side quest with all the Golden Skulltula's.

Majora's Mask is the king of Side quests though, They more than made up for the lack of dungeons as well, Also it has an interesting plot, One of the few games where we get a rest from Ganondorf taking over Hyrule. It does take a while to complete all of the Side quests, Especially if you keep having to re-set time during the middle of them and re-do some of it, Which is rather annoying....:dry:.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I don't know... I mean, MM was more of a sidestory/large sidequest rather than a whole game, and adding more dungeons would probably take away from it. The dungeons had specific importance to the story, so adding more would call for additions and changes in the story as a whole. MM was short, yeah, but I think that was fine for that particular game.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I don't think Majora's Mask needed anymore dungeons. Like Zeruda said, it was a game more based around doing sidequests and helping people in the three day period you had. The amount of temples/dungeons was perfect, but I probably would've hated it if there were only 2 or three temples (with one temple being outrageously stupid in my opionion). Sure, it didn't have that many, but did it really need that many to be such a good game as it is? I doubt it.

I wouldn't have really minded that much, actually, if they had of added another one or two, but that's probably it. It's unique for having such a little amount of temples compared to other games such as A Link to the Past.

I think it's ok the way it is. Just because this game has some pretty lengthy side quests, such as:

-Killing the aliens
-The moon
-The pirate fortress
-Ikana castle

Not to mention collecting heart pieces, dungeon faries, and masks. This game is long enough. I will say that MM needed some more challenging bosses.

Yeah I also agree that the side quests make up for number of dungeons. Plus, each dungeon was pretty lengthy.

D

DaltonR6

I agree with Spirit Reaver. Plus, Great Bay and Stone Tower were pretty hard as well. And Side Quest really did make up for it. Especially the Kafei and Anju quest. Doesnt that one take the entire 3 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom