• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Did Demise Ruin Ganondorf for Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
Zelda States as her own theory that the Gods of Old created the Triforce so that they couldn't intervene in the affairs of humans. (aka use their own power against them)

I thought Zelda said somewhere he couldn't use it either. Overall it makes much more sense that I am mistaken, but I could of sworn I read that during that scene. Zelda's point and opinion on the nature of the Triforce as existing as hope for mortals against the gods, and things on their level of power (such as demons) sort of plays into this though. It doesn't seem to cross anyone's mind that humans would abuse it, only the demons would.

Nope, she just says the gods. I'm pretty sure she also says that it needs to be kept out of the hands of Demise. Like I said, he was powerful for not being a god, especially if he's able to actually injure one.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I didn't like Demise too much either, I would have much preferred Girahim to be the final boss and he could have summoned a something, like Demise to fight against him with Link, Outnumber Link in the final battle or have Demise as a really hard to defend against special move during the fight. I was gutted when Girahim fell and turned into the sword since i think Link and Girahim really had a good rivalry going.

When Nintendo said they would show Ganondorf's origins I figured it'd be a cutscene after the game, like a stinger after the credits of a movie, and that cutscene could have shown Ganondorf rising from whatever Girahim had started prequel stories usually do that... kick you in the teeth after you've sorted everything out. I also didn't feel the need for Demise to spell out the curse of the three chosen ones Link, Zelda and Ganondorf cycling with each generation, after playing TP and WW and other Zelda games I thought it was common knowledge, being an origins story I knew it would say it at some point but it didn't need to make a meal of it with Demise's last words...

Though the main thing that bugged me most about Demise, other than only showing up at the end with a backstory that sounded a little like Ganondorf's from OoT after the seven year jump... was the fact that he looked like Akuma from street fighter...
... WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?! Seriously though, this makes the most sense ive heard so far. I tip my Santa Hat (That I actually am Wearing right now) to you. Well done! :yes:

V

Vincentdante

I'm more interested in the fact that demise's conciousness was sucked into the Master Sword. That say's one of two things for me.

1. Everytime you slay ganon something similar happens until he is able to escape.

2. When they say Demise is Ganon, maybe the concious being of Demise escaped into Ganon when Link took the Master Sword in OOT. Getting promoted from Gerudo king to Demon lord Ganon (Giant pig form) is the result of this. But tbh I prefered to think of that as the triforce of power granting that to him along with immortality.

Oh well it was still a fun game so I'm not upset about this new plot device. The highlight of the story for me was making the Master Sword anyway :)

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I didn't like that he was inserted into the story at the last bit because you don't get to know him (plus he hates you after fighting for him for like 5 minutes only?). It would have been better if he had appeared halfway through the game.

You do know that the Imprisoned was Demise? And his backstory was explained in the intro. He was seen in the visions, explained by Zelda in the past, and fought thriced before confronting him in the past. His return is the main goal that Ghirahim has and if Demise was introduced half-way, plotting his new evil plan, Ghirahim becomes less important to the plot overall.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
You do know that the Imprisoned was Demise? And his backstory was explained in the intro. He was seen in the visions, explained by Zelda in the past, and fought thriced before confronting him in the past. His return is the main goal that Ghirahim has and if Demise was introduced half-way, plotting his new evil plan, Ghirahim becomes less important to the plot overall.
Yeah. this is one of the reasons i stopped think this subject.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I know he is The Imprisoned. I just didn't like that you saw his true form at the very end of the game, whether in TP you see Ganondorf halfway through the game and you get to know him better that way.

Off-topic: I'll assume the final boss battle was short/crappy because he hadn't absorbed Hylia's powers yet.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I know he is The Imprisoned. I just didn't like that you saw his true form at the very end of the game, whether in TP you see Ganondorf halfway through the game and you get to know him better that way

I'm surprised that you actually like this element of the story, where the sages reveal the true antagonist (after much hype of Zant etc previously in the Lanayru Spring). Some fans including myself actually would have preferred this scene deleted/ moved to the end of the game perhaps as Midna kills Zant.

Off-topic: I'll assume the final boss battle was short/crappy because he hadn't absorbed Hylia's powers yet.

Not telling, not telling, NOT TELLING!

Other than the Ganon debate, did anyone find the Demise battle to be short and kind of lacking? I thought it would be at least a 3 phase battle as he is the Final Boss. With Ganon, the fights were always three phase or more and never seemed to have a quiet moment. Though in TP, perhaps it was a little too long, but I was expecting something like that for Demise.

I liked how they revealed Demise as Ganondorf. In Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf just pops up out of nowhere. It doesn't tell you how or why he appears, just that he does. But Skyward Sword reveals all of that, including why he exists in later Zelda games, also.

I like Ganondorf alot better then Demise, thats for sure. Ganondorf is a much better character.

I liked Demise's personality, but Ganon would have kicked his butt. It made me rethink the Zelda Final Bosses for sure, but made Ganon seem ten times more awesome.

Z

ZeroTheAssassin

Demise isnt related to ganondorf nor is he really anything big to do with ganondorf. He is only a hint to ganon. He does resemble ganondorf which i believe that is not by accident.

It doesnt explain it. It just hints were he came from. We will find out later according to the director in later zelda games. The last words of demise was refering to Ganondorf and Ganon.
We dont know the full story we dont even know if ganondorf is a reincarnation of demise either thats just a theory. Hopefully its a pretty good reason of ganondorf and doesnt ruin his character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom