• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Did Demise Ruin Ganondorf for Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
No, the Horse Phase didn't *require* the Light Arrows. They were just something that was used to knock him off of his horse. Gameplay-wise they did. But in reality, no.

I also haven't seen any good reasons to prove that Demise is weak. Even if Ganon is stronger, which is an arguable point, how is Demise not strong?

Light arrows were *required* to beat Ganondorf. No matter which you think of it. There is no way to attack Ganondorf in the horse phase if he isn't stunned by a light arrow.

But Demise didn't really ruin Ganondorf for me. I still think of them as two different beings with different personalities and motives.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
From a gameplay standpoint. In all reality, they could have taken him down by just hitting him.

That's an assumption that can't really be proven or disproven. (But I'm going to try anyway). Zelda is considered the wisest in the Zelda series. I feel there was a reason she stopped Link from blindly charging at Ganondorf after he found out Midna's death, but again I can't prove it like that. Maybe Zelda just wanted to have an extra precaution for all I know.

Also, "gameplay wise" doesn't really work here because when it comes down to it, you couldn't harm the G-man without those arrows. You could say "well in theory, the sword was all you needed" but if I say "well Ganondorf's horse was just so fast there was absolutely no way Epona could've caught up unless Ganondorf was stunned by light arrows." It's all theory. The basic proof that we have here is Link couldn't do it without those arrows.

I also haven't seen any good reasons to prove that Demise is weak. Even if Ganon is stronger, which is an arguable point, how is Demise not strong?

I don't know why you were looking for this. The debate was that Demise's actions didn't present an atmosphere of being more dangerous than Ganondorf, or being the ultimate threat. We used "only needing the Master Sword to defeat Demise, making him seem less of a threat than Ganondorf who required many items," as proof. We weren't arguing that he was weak but that he made himself out to be weaker than Ganondorf. (Unless you count Ventus thinking he was "easy" which I wasn't associating with being weak as weak is characterization and easy is gameplay).

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't know why you were looking for this. The debate was that Demise's actions didn't present an atmosphere of being more dangerous than Ganondorf, or being the ultimate threat. We used "only needing the Master Sword to defeat Demise, making him seem less of a threat than Ganondorf who required many items," as proof. We weren't arguing that he was weak but that he made himself out to be weaker than Ganondorf. (Unless you count Ventus thinking he was "easy" which I wasn't associating with being weak as weak is characterization and easy is gameplay).

Ventus called Demise a wimp.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Ventus called Demise a wimp.

When he said that, I interpreted it as a comparison to what Demise was supposed to be. Kinda like being promised a million dollars and then getting ten thousand. Not a little bit of money, but its nowhere near as good as what was promised. Thus, its a little. If I'm wrong and Ventus thinks Demise is as strong as a deku baba, well then I would disagree there.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
When he said that, I interpreted it as a comparison to what Demise was supposed to be. Kinda like being promised a million dollars and then getting ten thousand. Not nearly alot by comparison, but its nowhere near as good as what was promised. If I'm wrong and Ventus thinks Demise is as strong as a deku baba, well then I would disagree there.

He would probably say he's weaker than a Deku Baba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom