• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Demo Requests.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hey all,

Please don't get mad at me for downloading the recently leaked demo, I still have the Limited Edition on pre-order and am going to pick it up on November 24th. I have activated a cheat code on the demo that allows me to explore Skyloft. I have an infinite time limit on all the demos too.

Also, the demo isn't an E3 one, because the Sky Temple has it's new name; Skyview.

Do you have any requests on what you want me to have a look at on the demo? Like, certain things about the dungeon, flying and boss. I should be able to answer.

P.s - This shouldn't get taken down, because: 1. It's not encouraging you to go out and download the demo.
2. No links are supplied :D

Cheers!

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Umm, it's only a few days away. I mean this would really be helpful if it was months ago, and if I knew it at that time, I would have downloaded the demo for myself. That being said, I have one question - is the disk double layered? (Wait, you have the demo, do you still know, anyway?)

Anyone who gets mad or upset over this demo leaking is quite frankly a Nintendo/Zelda fanboy. I don't condone piracy anymore and yet I downloaded this demo as soon as I could find a link to it. Why? Because demos should be free and they should be available for as many games as possible. Nintendo's stubbornness and neglect in this area is pretty damn insulting, honestly. With any other gaming console/PC, you can download a demo for a wide variety of games to judge whether you want to pay for the game or not. Nintendo is pretty much ASKING for people to pirate their games by refusing to give us a proper demo service.

Also, even less of a point getting upset about this demo leaking because... Nintendo would have never made a profit on this, anyhow. It's a demo. Get mad at people who pirate the retail game, yes. But mad at people who play a demo? Something that a gamer is entitled to have to determine where his/her money is going to go? Get off your high horse.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What happens when you fly too high?!?! Someone was asking yesterday, so I thought I'd ask...

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I also downloaded it just to play it until Skyward Sword officially launches and I want to play it on the Dolphin (since I don't have a hacked Wii) and I know it works on it because people played on the dolphin with it but for some reason it says Wii mote disconnected, do you know anyway I could fix this? (I am playing it on key bored and not a Wii motion plus since I don't have bluetooth).

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
1. @CVG - Well, people might want me to explore Skyloft in the bird riding demo. Spoilers the place is huge!.

2. @Cuju - To my disappointment, nothing happens

3. @GearHim - You are correct in every way, in my opinion.

Last edited:
i would love a demo but it is too short before the release it would be nice why?
1 you get to experience the gameplay your self and see how it works including the sword play
2 do it on your own so walk around do things you wanted to do but som1 dind't show that :)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I also downloaded it just to play it until Skyward Sword officially launches and I want to play it on the Dolphin (since I don't have a hacked Wii) and I know it works on it because people played on the dolphin with it but for some reason it says Wii mote disconnected, do you know anyway I could fix this? (I am playing it on key bored and not a Wii motion plus since I don't have bluetooth).
I don't think it's possible to emulate the Wii Motion Plus with the keyboard... But sometimes even I get the message that the motion plus or nunchuck are not connected even though I have a Wiimote with Motion Plus inside and of course the nunchuck is on. Restarting the iso once or twice helped here. Also, use an older version (r7719) because on 3.0 or newer there are massive graphical glitches. Maybe it'll work for you if you use an older version? Or simply get a bluetooth stick, they aren't that expensive, you should find one for about $/€10.

@zelda_geek:
Well the first phase isn't that hard, he rarely does any damage, only if he snatches your sword which shouldn't happen if you wiggle fast enough after he grabs it. You can hit him more easily without Z targeting (my experience) and you have to trick him (similar to Dark Link). The second phase is a bit harder though, he'll block a lot, so simply move away from him until he teleports towards you and then attack (similar to the Garo Master). The crystal things which he shoots at you are very easy to doge, just jump out of the way sidewards.
I'd say he's about as difficult as those two combined
(Dark Link with Master Sword + Garo Master)
, maybe a bit more. I had to use the potion, so I'd say 7/10.

I'll be playing tonight and try to exploit the max i can from the demo. Until them, I'll leave my questions:

Can you call Fi at any time in this demo? does she analyse enemies?

What about the map? Can you call it on the Bird riding part? If so, what is on it? What about skyview map? How hard is the Stalfos?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
No, Phi cannot be called anytime to my knowledge, she only appears when you get the item after defeating the Stalfos and can be called only when your hearts run low in the Ghirahim battle. The map isn't available during the bird ride but you can call it in the dungeon where it only shows the rooms you've visited. This is AFAIK the most you can explore:
The stalfos isn't that hard, it goes down in about 10-20 seconds if you're doing it right. A normal hit will deduct 1 heart and a charged hit 2 hearts though. Strategy:
You have to attack him where he's not covered by swords, for example if he holds both swords horizontally then you have to do a horizontal slash in the middle. If one is horizontal on top and the other vertical to the left, you have to swing your sword from the lower right etc. You can also go kamikaze on him and do a lot of damage to him when he's charging his swords, but like I said this will cost you 2 hearts when he hits you. Also, if you raise your shield right before he attacks you then he'll break his bones and you can hit him multiple times!
I'd say he's between a WW and a TP darknut difficulty-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom