• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. But Link can put on and take off the mask whenever he wants to. Link can switch up forms on the fly to suit the suitation.
That's true, but I think it's fair to assume Link will have to go through the pain of putting on each mask instead of skipping the cutscene that we can skip. Cloud would probably find a weak point through this.

Do we include the Fierce Deity mask in this or not?

Yup, this seem so to be top tier...as Hyrule warriors seems to show, I see no reason why majoras mask wouldnt be able to replicate any of those things, since he beats majora faster than he does most in hyrule warriors. This type of item is in the lines like the tri-force, it pretty much can nuke its whole universe, Most see it as sephiroths equal, but I think pretty much the entire cast would lose against it, since it is called fierce deity, deity's are also known as gods. He is the god of fierce.

fierce
firs/
adjective
  1. having or displaying an intense or ferocious aggressiveness.
    "as women, we need to accept that we can be fierce, cunning, and predatory"
    synonyms: ferocious, savage, vicious, aggressive More
    • (of a feeling, emotion, or action) showing a heartfelt and powerful intensity.
      "he kissed her with a fierce, demanding passion"
      synonyms: aggressive, cutthroat, competitive; More
    • (of the weather or temperature) powerful and destructive in extent or intensity.

Link at base is a conservative fighter, his deity form is the opposite, he will be all in with his combativeness, he'd be tearing about entire citys at a time, too bad they dont highlight more of him.

In tactics and Advant Children he had given up most of his materia and weaponry, still not his peak. It's like if Link gave up his Master Sword and power bracelets.

Link without his power bracelet is still ten tons as shown throught this thread. Or do you need me to find more giant blocks he moves around through out the series? Master sword is quite petty overall, Fierce dietys sword is OP, I can name several that has better enchantments than the master sword which is soley for gannondorf

enhanced-buzz-wide-14568-1369750174-15.jpg

And dont really care for clouds base, mid level, highest level canon non-canon, spin off or other wise, he is not top tier in any of the FF universes. Link is top dog in his entire multiverse of its heros.

That's true, but I think it's fair to assume Link will have to go through the pain of putting on each mask instead of skipping the cutscene that we can skip. Cloud would probably find a weak point through this.

Cloud find a weak point? that'll be new. Pain? Its like 3 seconds. Again the biggest talk on the web, is about this blitzing word, sadly cloud didnt blitz anyone in his entire career...attacking sephiroth from the back isnt a frontal blitz...this blitz hear say, is in the same line of saying cloud is physically stronger than link.

Thats non-existent in terms of providing any evidence.

Then explain all the connections between FSA and ALTTP. Until they were placed on different timelines, it was always believed that FSA was a prequel set before ALTTP, considering the Imprisoning War and FSA share such remarkable similarities, and the Four Sword's inclusion in ALTTP GBA.

Ask miyamoto...oh wait he did already answer it, he says he didnt intend for them to be sequels, or prequels, he just reconstructed the entire story keeping its basic merits the same while trying to add new elements as better technology allowed him to over the years. In short he said he doesnt care for historia, he cares about interaction and gameplay. The book was only recently added, only because the youtube fans kept coming up with their own flawed theorys thinking there was a time line...which forced eiji to make up his own which fit the bill.

Miyamoto just noded to it and said what ever floats your boat. Anyone can pair in zelda 1 and 2, and then pair in Oot and MM and think its logical...doesnt mean they are, successors and time lines are two different things.

I only se
ALTTP was definitely designed as a prequel to Zelda 1. And it's sequel was Zelda 2. OOT was designed to be the backstory of ALTTP.

I only see successors, since entire interviews of miyamotos are recorded, and even he flips flops on its chronology, which ultimately leads to him rooting back to saying he doesnt care about its historia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Quoteing the Gamfaq poster that is full of truth (which OP linked to btw) Death battle is trash so this is all invalid as they get things wrong so often.

Also Cloud is a one trick pony

Quoteing the Gamfaq poster that is full of truth (which OP linked to btw) Death battle is trash so this is all invalid as they get things wrong so often.

More like a one trick warhorse

To be fair, that sword is only usable in Koloktos' fight.
Secondly, do you realize how disadvantageous a situation that could put Link in? He still has to swing it very slow and steadily so he doesn't end up falling and toppling from the weight distribution.

Link without his power bracelet is still ten tons as shown throught this thread. Or do you need me to find more giant blocks he moves around through out the series? Master sword is quite petty overall, Fierce dietys sword is OP, I can name several that has better enchantments than the master sword which is soley for gannondorf

And dont really care for clouds base, mid level, highest level canon non-canon, spin off or other wise, he is not top tier in any of the FF universes.
Just judging on his movement and attacks he is easily the best in the FF, at least up until FF12 which is where I stopped playing. Never seen Link do anything on par with him.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Just judging on his movement and attacks he is easily the best in the FF, at least up until FF12 which is where I stopped playing. Never seen Link do anything on par with him.
We have already determined that Link is stronger, faster, more intelligent, and has way more versatility than Cloud.

Plus... Lol no. Terra can utterly annihilate Cloud, no question about it.

Sora would annihilate Cloud as well.

D.B is still alot more accurate than 90% of the junk on forums and blogs. They arent the answer, they are the helpers to get closer to the truth. Which so far 90% of the forums said:

- Cloud can just blitz link dead in a second
- Cloud can out muscle link
- Cloud is vastly more powerful
- Cloud has better magic
- Cloud is more skilled and the superior fighter
- Cloud tanks planet busters
- Cloud is a planet buster

All 100% false. Link dominates him in the strength department, top grade strength, links giants mask through twinmold, via 20,000 tons minimum. Link can tear off every limb of clouds with the strength he has with enhancers or at base...has enough enhancements to speed blitz cloud, is the only one of the two who has a source to actually planet bust or reality warp via tri-force.

This is all hype because of clouds appearance in AC making like he was the OP in the FF verse, which dissidia disproved, tactics still holds more weight to showing cloud is a joke...and Hyrule warriors showed link is beyond any FF verse canon or not. Its not about finding which excells in one specialty and ignoring everything else, its about compiling all their feats, arsenal and see who wins more than vice versa. At best cloud is an embodiment of hulk in terms of his ferocity, link is the embodiment of superman in terms of his diveristy, we all know superman wrecks hulk,,,and links full potential makes full potential cloud look pathetic.

Its inventory even on this very site, links golden gauntlets strength from its source says...

Golden Gauntlets
The Golden Gauntlets can give a man the strength to move mountains. Link used the Golden Gauntlets during his first quest to thwart Ganon's evil plan to take over Hyrule.
Ocarina of Time

Magic_Bracelet_2_%28That_Sinking_Feeling%29.png

You can keep running around the truth and says the animated series is non-canon, but these exact same items are parallel to the games, same item name, same function, same idea concept from miyamotos same idea by miyamotos, just because it never happened in a timeline (which at the time was never intended to have from the beginning), you cant dismiss the basic fundamentals of it, non-canon now days are thrown all over when something superceeds or shows the thing you backed was inferior...

Cloud is less than a 1 toner in physical strength...hardly places even 1,000th place in power house realm.

More like a one trick warhorse

Or a one trick donkey

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

enhanced-buzz-wide-14568-1369750174-15.jpg

And dont really care for clouds base, mid level, highest level canon non-canon, spin off or other wise, he is not top tier in any of the FF universes. Link is top dog in his entire multiverse of its heros.

So you are using Link, any link for that matter, even HW link (who is as uncanonical as it comes) but you won't hear about anything on cloud's side sounds like this is completely biased against cloud.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So you are using Link, any link for that matter, even HW link (who is as uncanonical as it comes) but you won't hear about anything on cloud's side sounds like this is completely biased against cloud.
What can cloud do against Link that completely outmatches Link in every way? Link has various forms of defense that counters nearly everything that Cloud can do, and a vast Arsenal of weapons that can make up Link's weaknesses and exploit Cloud's?

We have already determined that Link is stronger, faster, more intelligent, and has way more versatility than Cloud.

Plus... Lol no. Terra can utterly annihilate Cloud, no question about it.

Sora would annihilate Cloud as well.
Link only seems powerful because his universe is weak, but that's just my opinion. I know we are on a Zelda forum but I just don't see how anyone would think Link could come close. It's all opinion and we're all nerds for caring but still :D.

In dissidia opening cinematic, he gets ***** slapped by garland...

Everyone moves like him in dissdia, every one top tier craps on him in tactics, everyone top tier craps on him in kingdom hearts, Vincent saves his life from being overwhelmed and nearly killed in AC, his durability shoots out blood by the simple nipping of sephiroths sword, and cloud's arsenal is retardedly out guned by links arsenal, ridiculously weaker than link in strength, and canonical jazz aside, the fruit of speed blitzs the fastest form of cloud.

Okkkayyy, lets hear it, non-canon...right? lol

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What can cloud do against Link that completely outmatches Link in every way? Link has various forms of defense that counters nearly everything that Cloud can do, and a vast Arsenal of weapons that can make up Link's weaknesses and exploit Cloud's?

I wouldn't deny that any link could whoop cloud's ass but the way this discussion is being presented makes it seem like it's all in favor of Link and not more of an even battle. Link isn't nearly as magically inclined as cloud and Link certainly doesn't have the same health boudries as cloud, i'd say in a DPS race cloud WOULD win as cloud hits harder and faster whereas link is more the turtle fighter.

In dissidia opening cinematic, he gets ***** slapped by garland...

Everyone moves like him in dissdia, every one top tier craps on him in tactics, everyone top tier craps on him in kingdom hearts, Vincent saves his life from being overwhelmed and nearly killed in AC, his durability shoots out blood by the simple nipping of sephiroths sword, and cloud's arsenal is retardedly out guned by links arsenal, ridiculously weaker than link in strength, and canonical jazz aside, the fruit of speed blitzs the fastest form of cloud.

Okkkayyy, lets hear it, non-canon...right? lol

Vincent saving his life does nothing to discredit cloud, in fact it's the opposite. Even the stongest individuals know when they need help, and foruming a team of strong allies is a forum of intelligent planning.

Link only seems powerful because his universe is weak, but that's just my opinion. I know we are on a Zelda forum but I just don't see how anyone would think Link could come close. It's all opinion and we're all nerds for caring but still :D.

What in all of the entire final fantasy can reality warp? The closes thing was kefka, which everyone says he destroyed the world, watch the cutscene...he manages to nuke a continent, it shows the continent ripping apart from the crystal dropping on it, not the entire earth. And kefka craps all over sephiroth and cloud at the same time. I back squall against cloud 100% as he basically is clouds upgrade. Links verse weak? What villain was shown unkillable like ganondorf in terms of self resurrecting? What villain could reality warp like zant? What villian could actually end the game like majora did with the moon? The game doesnt even end with multiple supernovas from sephiroth, hence its not a real supernova, when the moon lands on the town, thats it, fanito...no more gameplay, you either have to play the time song or turn off the game...

FF is alot more diverse than zelda, but yet out of the two universes only zelda titles had 10/10 by almost every gaming magazine on the planet...link in his universe is top dog, cloud in his universe is like 30th place. They just had a death battle with bowser and ganondorf, and ganon won...and bowser is a multiversal threat. Ganon bound to 1 universe just beat a multiverse wrecker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom