• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You are the biggest down player here breh, from post one youve been making up false accusations, like the 100 ton stones, 15? No wonder you couldnt even tell the difference between a 100 ton stone and a 1,000 ton one, your just a kid, thought you were a man...never mind then. And dont get mad at me because they wrote up cloud as a cross dressing, man dating character, talk to the creators.

No bigs...just fictional characters, dont take it to hard.
You know cloud being a cross dresser doesn't have any bearing on this. Link is also a cross dresser.
The abomination Triforce Heroes is actually a canon game confirmed by the developers taking place directly after A Link Between Worlds.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Please attempt to keep this thread civil or it will locked. While it's okay to take this topic in a serious manner, at least try to remain respectful to each other.

I have merged some posts together. If your post is the most recent in the thread, edit it instead of creating a new one if you have more to add.

You know cloud being a cross dresser doesn't have any bearing on this. Link is also a cross dresser.
The abomination Triforce Heroes is actually a canon game confirmed by the developers taking place directly after A Link Between Worlds.

No bigges, link gets more girls than cloud does though...^_^

Please attempt to keep this thread civil or it will locked. While it's okay to take this topic in a serious manner, at least try to remain respectful to each other.

I have merged some posts together. If your post is the most recent in the thread, edit it instead of creating a new one if you have more to add.

K...my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
1mp materia + ribbon + dual summon Quadra magic hades + KOTR I'm not sure how link would even land a hit my friend

Overall advantages:
latest

Strength winner: Link (Link is stronger at base and at max by the thousands of tons)
Arsenal winner: Link (cloud has only 1 weapon specialty, swords, link has over a 100 gear in combat)
Magic winner: Link (Clouds are majority temporary magical, links are indefinite mystical)
Maneuverability winner: Link (cloud better at base, link better at maximum enchantments via flight, jump spell, and speed enhancing gear)
Dexterity winner: Link ( Lasers, light arrows and magic are faster than bullets)
Power winner: Tie (what ever cloud can do with his sword, link can do with various hammers)
Weaknesses: cloud (cloud can bleed by a thin sword canonically, always needs a team: link can only be killed by constant damage but never did bleed)

Who won in more scenarios and categories? Link just has way to much in his arsenal.

Its-Dangerous-To-Go-Alone-Artwork-From-Legend-Of-Zelda-A-Link-To-The-Past_408x408.jpg

Similar match? Captain america: Super soldier (Cloud) vs Thor: Mystically enchanted by the gods (Link)

1mp materia + ribbon + dual summon Quadra magic hades + KOTR I'm not sure how link would even land a hit my friend

Dont see why cloud would need the ribbon, Link has basically no status effect attacks other than morph...the summons can be countered by any impenetrable combos spells link has.

Too bad cloud didnt do those things to sephiroth or these guys:
https://youtu.be/87tDO1_nofE

Nayrus love >>> Nights of the round
latest

Staff of byrna >>> Hades
ALttP021.png

All clouds materia/summons are base on a time limit via magical (so link can wear them out with his various defensive combos). Links gear is based on mystical via indefinite. (link has no time limit). Clouds summons other than odin, doesnt even one shot low level monsters nor targets 3+ at a time, KOTR doesnt even one shot most bosses, links medallions one shots every low-mid level foe on the screen.

Jamie

Exactly what would prevent hades from connecting when it's being used 4 consecutive times? Link wouldn't be able to move.

Also how does KOTR not 1 shot most enemies? Iirc with max stats you can one shot all but ruby and emerald weapon

Exactly what would prevent hades from connecting when it's being used 4 consecutive times? Link wouldn't be able to move.

Well for one, hades is dark/death incarnate, the cane of byrna is a light protecting mystical power. Light > Dark

Also how does KOTR not 1 shot most enemies? Iirc with max stats you can one shot all but ruby and emerald weapon

Oh a 9,999 each attack, not its average one? Okay, but atk points are not really canonical wise in advent children, so it will be 13 consecutive attacks, links invulnerability can last through the whole thing.

Added in with upgraded defensive attributes of 20 plus rings, mails earnings ect, would lessen the effects even at base...and wouldnt link not be able to move fall in the lines of non-canon? Game wise you cant move from bahamut, but AC movie wise cloud can? So whos to say link cant fight back, dodge/parry ect, link does after all have the mask of stone, and magic cape, its not like they can by-pass that...even aeons in FF10 can be killed, whos to say Fierce deity cant go toe to toe with them or four swords x giants mask?

Link knows how to beat himself. He's beaten his own shadow many times in combat. That is valuable information for Link. He knows his own weaknesses and can defend them better. Cloud has never had to fight himself and has to rely on times others have kicked his butt to know what his own weaknesses are.

Jamie

Well for one, hades is dark/death incarnate, the cane of byrna is a light protecting mystical power. Light > Dark
This is the issue with comparing two different universes. Link and Cloud would have different advantages in their own respective worlds. You're also saying AC supersedes ffvii. I'm not sure this is fully debatable.

This is the issue with comparing two different universes. Link and Cloud would have different advantages in their own respective worlds. You're also saying AC supersedes ffvii. I'm not sure this is fully debatable.

In most cases of any universe, Light expels dark, Byrna > Hades. Ac is after FF7, so in that junction cloud should be even stronger, but yet even after being lvl99 he still lost to the rat pack and had to be saved by Vincent valentine and again the not being able to move thing seems more like game mechanic vs non-canon AC > FF7

Link has various incarnates of light base offence and defense, for instance, for hades, not only does his byrna cane emulate light protection, but link has a cross which protects him from evil, along with reflect:

(Third item to the right is the cross)
Spells.gif

Since hades is evil/dark, whos also to say link cant shoot hades/dark with the light arrows:
link+shoots+light+arrow+at+Ganon+ocarina+of+time+final+boss+fight+N64+zelda.jpg

So I think a combo of the cross x byrna x light arrows can defeat hades...not only do aeons die in FF10, (which are basically the same monsters) but seifer in 8 killed odin, and kefka in 6 killed them...so I see no exception out side game mechanics link wouldnt be able to not move and launch an assault back at the summons. For instance, ifrit vs the gorons mask would be interesting, his fire base would do nothing as gorons live in volcanoes and tank lava, and goron link can crush boulders with his hands, so obviously goron mask could punch ifirt to death.

Still link can kill cloud a vast amount of more ways than vice versa. The same with thor can kill captain america in more ways than vice versa.

Link knows how to beat himself. He's beaten his own shadow many times in combat. That is valuable information for Link. He knows his own weaknesses and can defend them better. Cloud has never had to fight himself and has to rely on times others have kicked his butt to know what his own weaknesses are.

Thats a cool way of looking at it.

Thats a cool way of looking at it.
The cross never protected him from evil, it just served as the Lens of Truth of the game to reveal the Moas in the Valley of Death and Old Kasuto (I believe a portion of Eastern Hyrule too but I can't remember.) Ir serves no other purpose in the game besides that.

The cross never protected him from evil, it just served as the Lens of Truth of the game to reveal the Moas in the Valley of Death and Old Kasuto (I believe a portion of Eastern Hyrule too but I can't remember.) Ir serves no other purpose in the game besides that.

What you said... sounds like protecting him from evil to me.

Would be cool to see Link in Dissidia, but damn look how sick cloud looks.

Off topic but I was probably the first (well tied) person in North America to play Dissidia online.

It only reveals enemies.
  1. "With its secret power, you'll be able to see enemies which you normally can't see." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 46)

Sounds like protection against evil to me, first you have to see them before you can defend your self, no vision = No protection. Visuals = A protecting element.

Would be cool to see Link in Dissidia, but damn look how sick cloud looks.

Off topic but I was probably the first (well tied) person in North America to play Dissidia online.

Too bad cloud is low tier in FF tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom