• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dead Hand

D

dazziling

Here's my own theory, the whole temple was a torturing chamber. The king and queen of Hyrule ordered those unfortunate to be executed in numerous ways. Bongo Bongo was a bongo drummer who had the ghost hunter tell the future to people while he eerily played creepy bongo theme to add to the atmosphere in his hut. But, he was also a thief, having whoever dead hand was in the well (it was were they stayed before it was a well, before it was probably a hut) to steal the peoples money while he told there future, and one of the escaped accomplices was the ghost hunter, the ghost hunter wasn't the master planner,it was bongo bongo, since the ghost hunter had absolutely no idea the dead hand*alive* was stealing money, he wasn't executed, but used the Poe souls to stat alive forever. The ghost hunter looks like bongo bongo head wise, hiding his withered and skin peeled face, probably being bongo bongos brother. He finally figured out dead hand *alive* was stealing money so he called the guards to execute them, but in having his brother executed, he went mad. bongo bongo had a eye torn out and his hands chopped off. since dead hand *alive* was only a accomplice, he only had his hands cut off. Dead hand started eating inmates, even half of his master, bongo bongo,(that's why he has half his body missing)and dead hand grew obese and even more obese, also going mad. The king feared that all inmates would die, he had dead hand buried alive(possibly another idea a Zelda and Pokemon fan had when they came up with white hand and buried alive). In conclusion, the torture chamber now with many dead, become to eery for many, was shut down in fear it was haunted. How's that for a theory?:)

I want to start by saying I love this theory because I absolutely love OoT's Shadow Temple for the countless bits of information surrounding it always keeping the last piece of any theory surrounding it to keep it literally in shadow for us in the real world. But sadly, I don't think it's true. It may have held some ground in the Beta because the game seems to imply they may have intended to explain BB if not Dead Hand. I think this portion of the game is simply unfinished. They had all the pieces to explain BB in countless different ways but it's impossible to get a solid theory surrounding anything in the Shadow Temple portion of the game. But simply from Shikashiki (dear goddesses did I spell that cluster of letters correctly) telling the story of the man who once lived over the well tells me BB was intended to be related to this character in some way but try as I might it seems impossible to get anything concrete. Perhaps it's just a secret to everyone.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Nearly a year worth of Necroing. God the Shadow Beast would be proud. A recent idea came to me. We have seen the Lens of Truth referred to as the "Eye of Truth". We use this to see Bongo Bongo's whole body. This leads me to think that maybe the Lens was originally made to see the dead but the man who owned it Saw the Truth of Death, Bongo Bongo. He is the personification of death. Apart from the fact he is the hardest boss in OOT to most gamers and without the Goron sword. He also lives in a structure where the dead of hyrule are buried. Another theory is perhaps Bongo Bongo and Dead Hand are a whole of death that they are both " arms of death" delivering it to those they think desire it or encroach upon their territory. Dead Hand seems to be the gatherer with his many hands and Bongo Bongo seems to be the devourer the gatherer feeds, Dead Hand gathers the souls of the dead and feeds them to it's master. One last thought maybe the Eye of truth was once Bongo Bongo's when he was human or was crafted from his ghostly flesh by as man who saw the "truth" of his strength. Bongo Bongo's "Eye" is a bloody red so maybe the man long ago carved from that point the lens for the item, and him being dead it never healed. Dead Hand seems to be a glutton though. He devours his prey live, or at least it seems the case in the battle with link. We could think of his hands as filters air, earth and water pass through but any "meat" is caught and held til the main body comes and claims it. Referring to Dead Hand being the Gatherer maybe he collect the meat and devours it, and takes the soul of his victim as he consume their flesh and present the flesh to Bongo Bongo.

This is all conjecture and theory. Kindly do not post hate that I have no evidence this is just stuff I have noticed 'tween the Shadow Beast and the Dead Hand.

00Xenitas

Artsy Gamer
I never really saw a connection between Dead Hand and Bongo Bongo... When I was younger, I always considered Dead Hand to be an element of the well's dark mysterious theme. You know, just a run of the mill zombie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom