• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DC or Marvel?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't read comics, but I do watch the movies and cartoons and I have to say that I prefer Marvel. And I would say the biggest reasons for that is Spider-Man and X-Man. I also enjoy Iron Man. To me, DC just doesn't have the characters that Marvel has even though I do like Batman and Super Man.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I love them both, but DC takes the prize here. It doesn't get anymore iconic than Superman and Batman. Batman is my favorite character and I find myself enjoying his side of things a lot more than I do others. The atmosphere, the villains, the story, the deepness to it all. It's just so great. Batman is always setting the standard! And Superman, I can never forget him. He was my main man when I was young. And now that I've gotten older, I understand him more as a character and can actually appreciate what he is. Other heroes that I like would include Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Nightwing, and many others.

I don't read the comics, but I do read up on them on the internet and watch their cartoons and movies. One thing I especially like about DC is the animated movies. It's able to bring great DC stories to life without watering them down for children. That's something I miss about Marvel...

I grew up with Marvel and have always loved everything about it. The Marvel Universe always attracted me because it was more realistic and less superhero-ish. I never really got into DC except for Batman and the cartoons.

The X-Men cartoon is what got me into Marvel originally, which then got me into X-Men comics. Eventually I got into Captain America, Spider-Man, Nova, and other Marvel heroes.

Even though I've been more into Marvel than DC, recently I have been rooting for DC over Marvel. Marvel's been heading in a horrible direction with comics, and DC has been gaining ground ever since they relaunched their comics at #1.

I only watch the movies, but it's really tough for me. I love them both. Urgh....I guess DC, but only by a very slight margin.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I don't really read comic books, but as for characters Marvel has a lot of awesome super heroes/villains, including Spiderman, Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Captain America, and Iron Man; however, DC has Batman, Superman, The Joker, and Killer Croc, so I don't really know which one I prefer over the other.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I love both publishers so much. I really can't decide. My favorite superhero is Batman, but my favorite superhero team is the Avengers. Marvel has Spider-Man, The X-Men (Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, etc), The Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, S.H.I.E.L.D, etc), Daredevil, The Black Panther, The Fantastic Four, Deadpool and so on. DC has Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Green Lantern, The Flash (The Justice League), Nightwing, Hawkman, Martian Man-Hunter, the Green Arrow etc. I really don't think I can choose. Marvel is responsible for 'Civil War' and DC is responsible for 'Kingdom Come' (two of the greatest graphic novel series ever made). Marvel has Stan Lee and DC has Bob Kane... How can I decide? They're both great.

Last edited:
DC, I used to buy a bunch of comics from them. Plus the heroes just look and sound better to me.

DARKHORSE, as long as they keep producing canonical Buffy comics they'll be the only I read most likely.

I have always avoided the big ones as their universe is so huge and complicated I like I wouldn't be able to really immerse myself and enjoy it fully. I like going back to the beginning and seeing everything but thats hard to do with comics especially when some of the early ones are so rare, and the universe is so huge with so many different writers it seems there would be so many contradictions.

That being said, didn't DC 'reboot' their universe recently?' Maybe I could get into that.

I do admit one comic I really might get soon is Superman: Red Son. It's such a cool concept, an alternate reality where Superman ended up crashing as a baby into the USSR instead of the US and becomes the defender of Soviet-Communism. Personally I think that's a cool idea and I really want to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom