• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DBZ MAFIA GAME- The Battle for Earth, Z Fighters Vs The Androids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ha, they probably thought I had a power role. And...

The body of Thareous lied in a corner, surrounded by Victorias Secret magazines[...].

Yeah... The Mafia killing me wasn't enough--they also had to disgrace my reputation!!!11!! :cry:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
GirlWithAFairy said:
The body of Thareous lied in a corner, surrounded by Victorias Secret magazines[...].
Victoria Secret magazines ay Thar ;)

---

First off I'll try to be more active in this game as I've been more so focusing on LotR Mafia lately.

We don't have anything of which to go off it seems, I wasn't completely set of the MF lynch yet I saw no advantage in voting for anyone else or another useless solution at this stage; another lynch. I guess since Thar was Nkd that makes the latter two who voted to lynch MF, of which was Pendio and of course me.

Let's analyse this from Mafia's perspective though, I think it likely that most, if not all, are hiding in the shadows. At this stage we have nothing--no leads--we are lynching eachother while Mafia picks us off one-by-one in the night stages. This isn't helped by the fact that Town haven't been able to kill during the night which seems to point at there being no Vig or SK in this game. So the only way we can actually move forward is to analyse each every NK.

I might as well begin with the most recent one. Thareous is an experienced player so on the one hand it's no surprise but there has to be some kind of reason... James is probably right that Thar would have been a possible lynch target, but here's what I think. Pendio started the whole lynch with this post:
So, after having read through fused's old posts again he did seem to have some sort of connection to musicfan. I noticed this before he died as well, but I thought they might have been Masons or Lovers so did not bring it up. Thareous, however, did. In their little side discussion, in which Thareous accused fused of being Mafia with MF, fused was very clearly rejecting the idea of cooperating with MF.

Now that we know fused was Mafia I have a wee theory to share with ye. If Thareous had suggested that fused was Mafia together with someone who fused knew was not Mafia, I do not think he would be rejecting it as much as he did. If Thareous, on the other hand, suggested that fused was Mafia with another member of the actual Mafia, he would most likely be rejecting it as he did. Also, while we were discussing the rule change Musicfan was openly against it. All of this makes me suspicious.

Vote: musicfan

But hey, it is just a theory. A Mafia theory.
However, this doesn't actually seem like a scummy move; Pendio was simply stating his suspicions through a theory, this was before MF even softcalimed (or whatever he did). So out of the three voters, Pendio seems the least scummy, he was the one started while me and Thar joined later one.

Mafia aren't just looking to get us during the night but the day as well, they probably seen made this NK to not only kill an experienced player but to confuse us further. They know that Pendio could easily defend himself so it's between me and Thar who are probably going to be the strongest candidates to lynch. By Killin Thar that would leave me in the open to be lynched, as there wouldn't be a good alternative.

---

There's nothing really anything I can do in hindsight, I wanted lynch MF, I saw it as progressing the game and lynch at this stage will not help us in any fashion.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There is a vig in this game. We killed him.
Ah I just read back, felt so long ago that I simply forgot, oh well. At this point it would be nice if a cop was to give out some information as we have very little to go off, but that's a risk in itself.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
We don't have anything of which to go off it seems, I wasn't completely set of the MF lynch yet I saw no advantage in voting for anyone else or another useless solution at this stage; another lynch.
You saw no advantage? How about the fact that their role was far less likely to be a Townie? And why did no one listen about NO LYNCH? You guys don't seem to understand that! Yes, a lynch is better than a no lynch, but how on earth is lynched a almost CONFIRMED TOWNE better than NO LYNCHING? That's SCUM logic!

For the moment...

Vote: Justac00lguy

I said this yesterday when I began the game, and I'm going to stick with it now. I've had a gut feeling about him for a while. And before you guys start calling that terrible logic... well, maybe it is. If you guys can come up with a better target, I'll probably change my vote. But for now, his logic for lynching musicfan is ridiculous. Besides, since when does having a connection with a mafia member make someone scummy? As I said before, Townies can EASILY defend a mafia member just as much as Town. And a careful mafioso isn't going to let any kind of connection between them and a likely-lynched teammate obvious, either, as Fused was up for the lynch most of the day. Speaking of which, justa seemed to try and separate himself from the Fused vs. Atticus lynch... couldn't that potentially be a mafia member trying to remove themselves from the discussion?

Now, looking back on some of justa's posts, I also think he was trying too hard to push for the lynch. He responds to Xyphon with "lolwat" -- really? Isn't it pretty difficult to fake NAME claim? I wouldn't deny the possibility that it could be fake (since I've heard some mods offer false names to mafia members) but you seemed to completely disregard the idea that he could be Town.

And you know what's most interesting? You said your vote was a pressure vote and you wanted to hear his defense. Well, musicfan certainly had a defense, but you lynched him anyway.

Pen

The game is on!
So Thareous died. His death appears to give us nothing to go on. I will dig deeper onto his old post in hopes of finding something useful.

EBWODP:

Alright, I have now reread Thareous' old posts. I could not get a whole lot from them except that he was seemingly suspicious of JC. I do not know how strong his suspicions were though.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
You saw no advantage? How about the fact that their role was far less likely to be a Townie? And why did no one listen about NO LYNCH? You guys don't seem to understand that! Yes, a lynch is better than a no lynch, but how on earth is lynched a almost CONFIRMED TOWNE better than NO LYNCHING? That's SCUM logic!
As I have said multiple times, a no lynch doesn't really help us out, not when Mafia are clearly just picking us out one-by-one, that's why we have to take risks to get a bigger picture and more of an understanding. Obviously we see this differently, I see a lynch as taking a risk - if we lynch a Mafia member then great, if we lynch a Townie then of course it's bad but then we have narrowed down the potential scum and it gives us a better outlook on the game. If we didn't lynch MF, what next? Would we be sitting around with no legitimate suspicions? Chances are that we would be in the same position the next day and the next day and the.... wait, you get my point right?

I know it was a risky move and I knew that I would be the one who would be in the firing line after; however, I never predicted that Thar would be lynched.

Heroine of Time said:
I said this yesterday when I began the game, and I'm going to stick with it now. I've had a gut feeling about him for a while. And before you guys start calling that terrible logic... well, maybe it is. If you guys can come up with a better target, I'll probably change my vote. But for now, his logic for lynching musicfan is ridiculous. Besides, since when does having a connection with a mafia member make someone scummy?
As I said before, Townies can EASILY defend a mafia member just as much as Town. And a careful mafioso isn't going to let any kind of connection between them and a likely-lynched teammate obvious, either, as Fused was up for the lynch most of the day. Speaking of which, justa seemed to try and separate himself from the Fused vs. Atticus lynch... couldn't that potentially be a mafia member trying to remove themselves from the discussion?
A connection to Mafia... Isn't this what we're trying to find? When we lynch/kill a Mafia player then we need to dig through the thread and try to find any possible "connections", in a game were we are oblivious to pretty much everything it's these kind of things that we need to look out for. I'm not too fond on following other's theories but this game has been pretty poor from out perspective so far - we have no leads hardly and activity in the night, it's just plain bad luck so far. That's the reason why I put the pressure vote on.

Also regarding the whole Fused and @icus thing... I never saw either of them as scummy simple as that. Usually I try to give a bigger scope to to players because I like to play from what I like to see from others. A lot of the time when you have 1, maybe 2 targets, I get slightly annoyed that everyone else only focuses on them two players. This is the reason why I sometimes over-defend players a lot (despite me not knowing their true allegiance) this is also the reason why I look outside the box and not just on the obvious targets. You can look over multiple Mafia games where I have made the same move, it's just how I like to play.

Heroine of Time said:
Now, looking back on some of justa's posts, I also think he was trying too hard to push for the lynch. He responds to Xyphon with "lolwat" -- really? Isn't it pretty difficult to fake NAME claim? I wouldn't deny the possibility that it could be fake (since I've heard some mods offer false names to mafia members) but you seemed to completely disregard the idea that he could be Town.
"Trying to Hard"? Wow that is definitely an overstatement. I hardly even supported my vote; I honestly thought that you would have used that against me. Anyway like I said, I hardly even pushed for the lynch because I was unsure but then again, I wanted to go through with the lynch (which I mentioned above).

My response to James was simply because he seemed to be 100% sure that MF was Town and that he was who he said he was. This made me suspicious, fake claims... well I simply don't support them anyway, but people can fakecalim, if you look at the context of my post then I was simply baffled on how James was so sure that MF was Town - I'm sure others would have been questioning that post too. Anyway, if MF came up Mafia (which I what I was really hoping for) I had my own theory of sorts that him and James were connected. I was already suspicious of him (in reference to my vote for him on Day Two if I recall) and this would have strengthened my point further. Right now though, I see James as being Town as any Mafia member wouldn't have defended MF that far.

Heroine of Time said:
And you know what's most interesting? You said your vote was a pressure vote and you wanted to hear his defense. Well, musicfan certainly had a defense, but you lynched him anyway.
I'll admit that I've been rather poor in this game, mostly because of University and what interest I have had in Mafia has went towards LotR Mafia - as I had a more interesting role. I won't use that as an excuse though, most of my votes are pressure votes but pressure don't mean I'll take it off as soon as that person replies. MF role claimed and I was slightly annoyed because I just see that as the easy way out and I'm never naive enough to believe such claims - I've done that before and I found out that people can lie pretty damn good.

---

I'm not going to say I wasn't expecting someone to vote for me, but I was prepared to take the risk in the hope that MF was Town. It just seems odd though, let's say that I am Mafia... Why the hell would I agree to lynch Thar when that places me highly at risk of being lynched? To be honest I think this is a clever Mafia move because it will manipulate players to go for the easy target... (me :/) and I was waiting to see who would post first. I'm not suspicious of you in anyway but like I said in my previous post: Mafia were obviously thinking ahead and probably set me up for the next day. I'm just curious in the way you reacted (quite aggressively), maybe you know something I don't...

As I have said multiple times, a no lynch doesn't really help us out, not when Mafia are clearly just picking us out one-by-one, that's why we have to take risks to get a bigger picture and more of an understanding. Obviously we see this differently, I see a lynch as taking a risk - if we lynch a Mafia member then great, if we lynch a Townie then of course it's bad but then we have narrowed down the potential scum and it gives us a better outlook on the game. If we didn't lynch MF, what next? Would we be sitting around with no legitimate suspicions? Chances are that we would be in the same position the next day and the next day and the.... wait, you get my point right?

I've been following this from day one and I have to agree with justac00lguy. If we do go with a "No Lynch", what good would that truly do the Townies? Little (if any at all.) To me, that'd basically make the townies sitting ducks for the mafia.

FOS: Heroine of Time

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's relevant to your character. I don't see how this is confusing people. Google Master Roshi.

I'm completely aware that it's relevant, and it didn't confuse me. The timestamp in the small clip was enough to verify my outlook that I had for Master Roshi.

Heroine of Time

I've been following this from day one and I have to agree with justac00lguy. If we do go with a "No Lynch", what good would that truly do the Townies? Little (if any at all.) To me, that'd basically make the townies sitting ducks for the mafia.

FOS: Heroine of Time
Because.

Musicfan was so OBVIOUSLY TOWN.

That's the thing. Though I might not agree with it most of the time, lynching a Townie does give us leads. But that's if we don't know their role to begin with. It makes FAR more sense to no lynch or even take a stab in the dark than lynch someone who we are relatively certain is Town. What good does it do for the Townies? How about it gives us more people to help out in the future? You truly believe there is absolutely NO merit in no lynching? You think it's GOOD to have more Townies dead?

After all, tell me, everyone, what "leads" exactly did musicfan's lynch give us that we wouldn't have had with a no lynch? Please. I'd love to hear them.

Guys, the mafia's not going anywhere. We could have no lynched, seen who died in the end, and used that to consider our next move. Musicfan should have only been considered as a lynch candidate later in the game. After all, if the mafia was smart, they would have NK'd him if we hadn't lynched him, because a claimed Townie is not good for them late in the game.

Also, what's the FoS about, Killjoy? You're suspicious of me just because I disagree with justa?

To JC, I'll have to get on a computer to quote all of that and respond... that's a lot of stuff I'd have to copy and paste, and I have to turn around my iPad every time because the screen's half dead, and... it's just a pain. XD

EBWODP

...Um... by the way, guys, I'm sorry if I'm kind of more sarcastic and mean than usual. I apologize for acting like this. I'm kind of with Xyphon in the sense that I feel as though no one ever listens to me, even when I'm right... soooo... it's making me a bit more... whatever this is. XD

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Was I correct? Yes? Oh, wow. Did I not thoroughly explain why Krillin VT is almost DEFINITELY a real claim? Oh, I did? Yeah.

I know you're a "vet" JC but I think it's about time I received at least a little respect in Mafia. Because I've been pretty accurate in claims in the past and I provided a VERY strong case for why MF's claim was true and yet you still didn't believe me. Ludicrous. Want my opinion? HoT is right; you are scum.

FoS: Justa
My reasoning for not believing you had nothing to do with your experience; if I recall, you and I started playing Mafia around the same time and I see you as one of the better Mafia players.

The reason why I questioned what you said was simply because you seemed rather sure, in fact very sure - that stood out to me. As I said before, I'm not naive enough to believe role claims, I've don't that before and paid the price... people can lie and be pretty good at it. I'm also against role claiming as a whole.

---

Voting for me because I simply didn't believe you were right is a pretty poor reason to think someone is scum in my opinion.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I thoroughly explained why, though. The chances of Krillin not being in the game are next to nothing so someone would have counter claimed. It's people who refuse to follow logic and only go with their "gut" that cause lynches like MFs.
You're not seeing this from another perspective though; there was always going to be a chance that MF was fake claiming, people have done it before. Where there's a chance there's a way - I honestly never saw no positives with going through with a no lynch... What would we have done? Mafia would have once again gotten someone during the night and we'd still be discussing MF the following day. It was a case of no progression, lynching MF and finding out his alignment was a risk, yes, but even if he turned out Town (which he did) it actually benefited us somewhat. It hasn't really benefited me and Mafia knew this (hence the lynching of Thar).

Anyway, this has increased activity and it gets people posting, yes I'm the subject but at least there is a subject. I honestly wish more people would post though; however, I think this site simply Mafia's tactic this game: keep a low profile, let everyone else kill each other off while they win each night stage.

Xyphon said:
I didn't vote for you.
It's inevitable though since you basically said I was scum.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There's always a CHANCE, but it was very slight. Voting for MF is a waste of time because there was (due to his claim) a bigger chance that he was town than myself, yourself, or anyone else.
So who else? What else would have happened? Oh wait a no lynch, how great :/ That means no progression and we'd still be debating MF the following day. Now at least we have something for else to dicuss, this game has been rather poor so far in terms of actual scum hunting and discussions. Obviously I'm on the receiving end but I'd like to get views about myself or other suspicions from the rest then I'll try to come up with an alternative lynch target as, at the moment, you and Heroine aren't scummy at all in my opinion.

Xyphon said:
No, often times in Mafia I don't even vote at all. I'll vote for you if you show further scummy activity. I don't jump to conclusions, because I prefer not to lynch town unlike you.
Scummy activity? Well ok, did you think Thar and Pendio were also scummy for not unvoting then?

Also, what's the FoS about, Killjoy? You're suspicious of me just because I disagree with justa?

The suspicion comes nowhere close to that assumption of yours. Justa may have good points, but it's that you've been going on and on and on about wanting a "No Lynch" that is looking a bit odd even people had decided to leave it out of the game even after day 1 ended.

EBWODP:

I know I'm a little slow on posting this. The reason is because I'm out at my grandma's. And internet access is friggin limited out here.

Heroine of Time

So who else? What else would have happened? Oh wait a no lynch, how great :/ That means no progression and we'd still be debating MF the following day.
Did you not read my post? Even if we'd no lynched, we'd still be discussing you. And we would have saved a Townie. This wasn't just a roleclaim. This was a NAME CLAIM, justa. I'm trying to see this from your point of view, but... I just can't. I kind of understand that you don't want to waste a day, but I strongly feel as though wasting a day is better than killing a clamed Townie. And like I said, what did we gain from musicfan's lynch that we wouldn't have had otherwise? No one's really answered that question. Because his claim was so believeable, I was almost completely certain musicfan was Town, so it STILL would have made you look scummy even if he hadn't died.

And why is no progression bad? I'll repeat it again: the mafia is not going anywhere. Waiting things out is not always a bad strategy.

Regardless, guys, I really don't think this discussion is going anywhere. We clearly have two entirely different opinions on how mafia should be played, and I doubt either party is going to change their mind. In fact, I'm starting to feel less and less suspicious of JC as this discussion carries on, unfortunately. Can some other people please speak up? We've heard from Killjoy, though that didn't give much of a lead as he only FoS'd me without much of an explanation... Who else is out there?

EBWODP
Oh. Ninja'd by Killjoy. XD
The suspicion comes nowhere close to that assumption of yours. Justa may have good points, but it's that you've been going on and on and on about wanting a "No Lynch" that is looking a bit odd even people had decided to leave it out of the game even after day 1 ended.
Sounds like the same thing to me, except worded differently. You're suspicious of me because I think that a no lynch is good. You also didn't respond to any of my other comments in that post.

EBWOTP
Also, Killjoy, why am I more suspicious than Xyphon? He's arguing for the same thing I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom