• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [Day 5] Zelda an Orcarana of Time as Remembered by Someone Who Only Played a Little Bit of it Well Over a Decade Ago Mafia

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So I'm pretty behind, but I'm done work in a couple of hrs so I'll bang out some reads and a post later tonight.

Hey Viral, nice to meet you uwu
can you try to give us how you view your self meta? just so the players that never played with you have something to work with

Johnny or SMS may answer this better, but since you're asking my self-view, it's basically to focus in one direction at a time and just a general slow burn. I don't recall doing big gambits until the mid to late game but I'm sure there are games where I did.
That being said, I haven't played in years so I'm rusty and I've grown as a person so I'm sure my meta is not what it used to be.
It's a noncommittal answer, I know.

I played a lot of games here pre 2016 if you wanted to look through my posts there.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So I'm pretty behind, but I'm done work in a couple of hrs so I'll bang out some reads and a post later tonight.

Johnny or SMS may answer this better, but since you're asking my self-view, it's basically to focus in one direction at a time and just a general slow burn. I don't recall doing big gambits until the mid to late game but I'm sure there are games where I did.
That being said, I haven't played in years so I'm rusty and I've grown as a person so I'm sure my meta is not what it used to be.
It's a noncommittal answer, I know.

I played a lot of games here pre 2016 if you wanted to look through my posts there.
This is pretty accurate. Viral tends to play methodically and applies slow pressure. His town and scum play are similar. He's not above bussing if he needs to.

Sorry for the absence folks, busy few days. Will be here for a bit if anyone's up for a chat.

Hi! Don't think I've met (several of) you yet, I'm Oocoo (or Uwu if you prefer, either works). As for the vote I was curious to see what the response would be.

What did you make of said response?

Also Miller is meant to claim day 1

You didn't answer though, why not in your first post?

what happens if you don't put hey listen in your post

Why the fishing?

I don't fully trust Mikey's miller claim. Not because I think he's scum claiming miller. But because it seems like the kind of thing he would do as town. Like when he fakeclaimed vig but was still town.

Can only think of a few scenarios in which pulling off that gambit as town makes sense; he'll be a constant talk point the whole game and probably be left alone for that reason. Hmmm.

I don't have any reason to believe he is town or scum from it since we haven't talked much in it yet. But his push on me has me leaning town. I don't know if I see scum Chevy approach the situation like that. He seemed genuine in thinking the flavor might indicate alignment and backed off when he realized he might have jumped the gun.

How does his push look genuine if you also haven't talked that much? I'd think the play to go for when you suspect someone you share a chat with is pushing them on said space, to confirm/shut down that feeling. Voting you so early alerts you to the paranoia, which could change the contents of your chat.

The transparency, though, sounds townish, I guess.

Yeah the chat thing really had me confused, now I'm not 100% certain where to put her. I reread my role PM and it mentioned that if both of us are alive at the end, we both win even if one of us would lose.

Unvote
Vote: Morbid Minish.

This is a risk I'm willing to take.

How did you think of playing your role when you received your PM? Trying to parse your intent/thought process here.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
To my recollection I've never been copped n1 on zd
In any case it wouldn't be a good idea to do so here
Obviously
If I'm to be lynched that's fine but it's potentially better to wait until my other powers that i may or may not have can be used

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote Count
Chevy (2) - Killjoy, Uwu
15377 (1) - Kirino
Killjoy (1) - Mikey
Uwu (1) - Minish
Mikey (1) - Viral
Minish (1) - Chevy
Not Voting (6) - Exlight, 15377, reki, Jinjo, Johnny, SMS

~19 hours until deadline

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I am, and Viral seems to be as well. And I don’t think it’s especially weird: Moe is known for almost never bussing, and me and Ex both have recent experience with him as scum in the last game where we basically powerwolfed our way to victory on his suggestion. So it’s not a bad idea, and it makes sense to me that Ex in particular would bring it up.
Do you have a link to the game?

@Mikey the Moblin do you investigate guilty as per your role, or return a null/??? read? A true miller or more of a null read type of miller.
Makes no sense for a cop to investigate you, but a tracker might as well track if we have one.

Min is overtly scummy, so based on flavour alone I'm doubting voting them.

I have half a mind to vote to Killjoy.

unvote

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah the chat thing really had me confused, now I'm not 100% certain where to put her. I reread my role PM and it mentioned that if both of us are alive at the end, we both win even if one of us would lose.

Unvote
Vote: Morbid Minish.

This is a risk I'm willing to take.

You're not sure where to put me now but you're voting me because of your pm again? Rag is smart, she knows how to balance games. Your PM is not going to have the answer to my alignment just like mine won't to yours. That would be pretty broken.

Tinfoil hat Chevy and Min are scumbuds trying to bus and gain mad town cred.

I'm not acually serious I just like to share the crazier things that pop in my mind sometimes.

That tinfoil would only make sense if I were sussing Chevy which I'm not. Haha.

Minish feels tmi-ish

What does this even mean?

last time I was top poster I was scum
you do the math

Kinda odd thing to say when you claim you change up your style so you can't be meta read.

How does his push look genuine if you also haven't talked that much? I'd think the play to go for when you suspect someone you share a chat with is pushing them on said space, to confirm/shut down that feeling. Voting you so early alerts you to the paranoia, which could change the co

I'm just going off of what's in thread. At that point we had been on at different times so didn't really have much chance to chat in the OC. The fact that he's laying this stuff out in thread instead of in chat with me seems genuine though because it doesn't feel like he's scum trying to push me for info in our OC.

Min is overtly scummy, so based on flavour alone I'm doubting voting them.

Wanna explain your thoughts on why I'm overtly scummy?

Chevy is reading too much into his PM which I can't entirely blame him for since it's his first neighbor chat with him getting info on another player in his PM. And it probably doesn't help that my flavor is a spider. Which would typically seem scummy but my PM basically says I'm town because I'm just a spider living in my natural habitat just being a typical spider.

I probably should reread things because I was kinda drugged up on some strong antihistamines and other medicines yesterday (for my shots I didn't even get because the place got confused). But some quick thoughts just from reading right now.

Uwu had a post I liked with pointing out Killjoy kinda CWAC with saying SMS was inactive. Felt like actual scumhunting to me.

Killjoy has felt pretty wish washy and all over the place. Tbh I can't really remember his meta from the few games he's played. He at least seems less stressed than he usually does. Not sure if that means anything alignment wise though. Kinda feel like he was more sure of himself as scum before.

Chevy is also flip floppy but in a different way. But I can actually track the reasoning behind his even if I disagree. Though it probably helps that I'm the most connected to him through our PMs and OC.

Uhh, I'm forgetting most of my thoughts on others now cause I'm still pretty tired. I'll finish this later when I'm more awake.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Chevy (2) - Killjoy, Uwu
15377 (2) - Kirino, Exlight
Killjoy (1) - Mikey
Uwu (1) - Minish
Mikey (1) - Viral
Minish (1) - Chevy
Not Voting (5) - 15377, reki, Jinjo, Johnny, SMS

Corrected Vote Count
Chevy (1) - Killjoy
15377 (2) - Kirino, Exlight
Killjoy (2) - Mikey, Uwu
Uwu (1) - Minish