• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link in SS??

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
If any villain from a previous Zelda game appears in Skyward Sword, I would like it to be Dark Link. In the other games in which he appeared (AoL, OoT, FSA) he is never given any character development or backstory. Maybe its time that Dark Link steps out of the shadows (pun intended) and becomes a serious character in the new game. You can never go wrong with a Doppelganger of the main protagonist!

What do y'all think? Is there a chance we'll see Dark Link in SS? Do you want to see him in SS?

Kybyrian

I think it would be nice to see Dark Link make an appearance in Skyward Sword, but not as the main villain. I don't really see much that you could do with Dark Link, in my personal opinion. He's basically just an evil Link, and that's it. Not much story you could really put on it. Maybe there could be something... like a set of villains summoning Dark Link or something of the sort, but I'd settle for seeing him as the boss, or even miniboss, of a dungeon.

He was certainly very enjoyable to fight in Ocarina of Time, and I would love to see how you'd fight him in a game like Skyward Sword. The Wii Motion Plus would make a battle with Dark Link all the more epic. I would love to see it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't particularly care for the character as much as others seem to, so his presence of lack thereof in SS really wouldn't bother me either way. It's neat to see him pop up, but if he didn't I wouldn't stop at the end of the game and think "Awww.... No Dark Link this time..."

As for backstory, he does have one in AoL. He's what remains of any darkness within Link, separated from him and manifested as his shadow by the keeper of the Triforce of Courage. The old wizard does this to test Link to see if he's worthy of the piece. Really, Dark Link (or Shadow Link) isn't nothing more than darkness incarnate. He didn't exist prior to Link entering the final room of the Great Palace.

So, really he serves in the non-FS games as a test to see if Link can defeat his own inner demons. The cameo in TP is to represent evil once more. I don't think there's much of a story to tell about him as such. Because of this, any appearance he might have in SS would just be a continuation of that theme of coming to terms with your own darkness.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
As for backstory, he does have one in AoL. He's what remains of any darkness within Link, separated from him and manifested as his shadow by the keeper of the Triforce of Courage. The old wizard does this to test Link to see if he's worthy of the piece. Really, Dark Link (or Shadow Link) isn't nothing more than darkness incarnate. He didn't exist prior to Link entering the final room of the Great Palace.

So, really he serves in the non-FS games as a test to see if Link can defeat his own inner demons. The cameo in TP is to represent evil once more. I don't think there's much of a story to tell about him as such. Because of this, any appearance he might have in SS would just be a continuation of that theme of coming to terms with your own darkness.

I wasn't aware of this. If you don't mind my asking, what source did you pull this from?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Dark Link in SS is plausible.

As a main Villain though, I doubt it. There really is no sense as him as the Main Villain. But him as a Mini-Boss before the Main Boss is plausible. Since Hyrule in SS is a world of chaos, it's plausible to think that Dark Link might be born from the defeated monsters that Link faced. This may sound fictional, but I see it as a possibility. See, since Dark Link is just a Dark side of Link, a Link of pure Evil, It can be thought of him being born from the very Evil that plagues Hyrule. And as that evil sends out monsters to best our hero, he or she(We never know) might learn from Link's battles. And then POOF! Dark Link appears.

Danlo

Daniel
I would be fun to fight Dark Link in SS because you have more control of the sword which will make the battle more interesting

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I would be fun to fight Dark Link in SS because you have more control of the sword which will make the battle more interesting

Just what I was thinking. It'll be like looking into a mirror. Picture standing face to face with Dark Link and moving your sword in the air while he's copying your every move, and then he slashes you outta nowhere!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Dark Link has never been a character that I would consider to be "awesome" like many do, so if he didn't show up, I wouldn't even notice the lack of him. Now, if he did show up I wouldn't really care. I have always thought it was cool for characters/bosses to re-appear in later games, but outside of that, I'd be fine with or without him.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Even though Dark Link has only gotten about 2 appearences and one cameo, I think the character has been drawn out a bit too much.

Loads of people make Dark Link seem like the 'BST CHRACTAR EVAR', but I disagree. I think the overall fandom level has exhausted the character to the point of making it a cliched object that has completely lost my attention.

I wouldnt really like to see Dark Link in SS, mainly because the fangirls/boys have worn out the character.

It could be good to see him again, but really, he's overused, and his fans have worn it out, so probably not.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I wasn't aware of this. If you don't mind my asking, what source did you pull this from?

It's said to be this case in a number of places, but it's actually what unfolds at the end of the game as well. (Visually, that is.) I've heard this story back to when the game first came out myself. It's a pretty standard story telling device as well, to overcome your own inner demons before being able to achieve something.

I have a feeling that Nintendo will want Dark Link to be in this game. Considering we now have one on one sword-fights I think it is very possible to have his as a boss.

I feel that this game is early on in the timeline, so I would like for there to be some backstory on the creation of Dark Link and for him to have a more major role in the story, although I do not feel that an entire game could be based around him.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
If Dark Link was in ST then he can be in SS, there is no reason why they can't continue to use him and I think he is a bit of a fan favorite. I mean this is an origin story is it not? this title could clear up a lot of Back Story in many areas. DL is no exception to that because I think there is still a bit of mystery surrounding his character. At some point I believe he will attain the rank of main protagonist again like in aol and it will be a truely epic game. maybe SS will be that game and maybe not but at some point it's gunna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom