• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Customizable Link?

Scoby

France
I wish i can make Link bigger, like a bodybuilder, or if i can customize to be girl make her pretty. I don't like current link we are playing as, feel childish. :(

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I would love it, yet loathe it at the same time. I'm a very, VERY traditional person, and I like things to be done in the way they always have been. I think having the transformation masks, and other tunics and boots, are doing the job decently well. Yet, I can't help, but to imagine how great it'd be to customize your character the way YOU want it to be. It'd be great, but as I stated before, being a very traditional person, it would irritate me... in a way... a little.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
I would only have him a somewhat small bit customizable. You can customize his tunic, have him fight with other types of weapons, change his eye color, give him new boots, and that's pretty much it.
But he's already a bit customizable. I dislike the idea also, too many customization options could ruin the Zelda feel.

I think that this concept could work depending on exactly how customisable Link is. Like MsNerrrrd up there, I am a bit of a traditional gamer. When something has been consistently established within a game, I am not quick to accept a change. For example, I always picture the assassins as wearing hooded white robes in Assassin's Creed, I always see mario as wearing a red shirt, blue overalls, and that signature red cap, and I always think of Link as being a young man garbed in a green tunic. Being able to change Link's appearance with a wide range of attire and a new haircut would be a great addition to the series, but I don't think he should physically change much. I would want him to keep his standard look (the Hylian trait of pointed ears, his facial features, ect.). This desire to keep Link the same as he is now wouldn't be all that hard to satisfy, though. Link's normal look, I assume, would be what the default appearance would be anyway. Adding facepaint, tattoos, and various other items to (possibly) affect gameplay would also be a good way to implement this idea (I'm a fan MGS3 and how they handled this concept).

As a side note, I also would not mind the addition of a gender option for Link (each Link is different, after all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom