• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Customizable Link?

If given the option, would you customize "Link"? For those of you familiar with The Sims, I mean that type of customization. For example, you could play as a chubby Link with brown eyes, dressed up like the Canon guy in TP, with cargo boots. Maybe unlock more options as the game goes along. Like collecting treasures to upgrade to a red Master Sword/adventure pouch, etc. Would you like to be able to do this or do you think the Hero of Time should stay in his classic green attire? I think it would be kinda fun. A neat little side quest. :)

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Link is already somewhat customizable. He has a variety of tunics, boots, shields, gloves, belts, ect, but I suppose a better selection would be interesting. It could make good use of the Rupee system; having Link buy various parts of armor or more durable tunics and footwear.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"What, a female Link? That is absolutely inane! How dare you try to change the formula?!"

^ Is pretty much the reaction you'll get in time. I, however, will not meet this thread with such criticism; I fully support customizing Link and his arsenal. If we can't get elementally-tuned tunics and shields, well the next best thing is at least designing our tunics with various dyes and decal right?

Collecting treasures and things to apply to Link would give the game tons of replay value. Imagine finding golden armor and wearing it just for the looks! And a red cape to go along with it!! Or any combinations of decal and what not to customize the little guy?

Heck, I would personally make my Link go topless just because he's so sexy in TP <3

[this all applies to a theoretical female Link as well]

Collecting treasures and things to apply to Link would give the game tons of replay value. Imagine finding golden armor and wearing it just for the looks! And a red cape to go along with it!! Or any combinations of decal and what not to customize the little guy?

Heck, I would personally make my Link go topless just because he's so sexy in TP <3

[this all applies to a theoretical female Link as well]

You're the best, Ventus. <3

I'm not trying to start a debate on whether or not Link should be female. Perhaps I should have worded the question another way. What I'm really getting down to is the appearance. *Fixing*

I wouldn't mind some limited customization (for instance changing Link's boots or undershirt and maybe even his hair), but I think most of Link's appearance (height, size, tunic, etc.) should remain static. I also think that items should definitely be upgradable, and SS was a good step for the series into that.

linkerbelle said:
Would you like to be able to do this or do you think the Hero of Time should stay in his classic green attire?

Yes, I'm so tired of people telling me what to wear. Like, you're not my mom. Ugh.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Oh my Hyrule, Link looking like Groose. Gross. To me.:lol:

Anyway, I think Link being customable sounds great. I could imagine a chubby Link.:bleh: Link would probably be not the same, but he would probably either ugly or handsome:lol: I like this idea. Link being customable not only in clothes and boots, but in armor and/or body types.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Solution, play skyrim and pretend its Zelda...

Alduin has captured Zelda and taken her to Sovereigngarde , GO!

Mido

Version 1
I think the limited customization style is already okay for the series. Maybe some more tunic variety like the Magic armor in TP would be pretty cool.

Maybe just the colour of the Tunics link Wears that have different effects, the same with Shields, Boots etc. I'm not really keen on full on customization.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't think this is a bad idae, but I'm not particularly in for it either. On the one hand, doing this would help with the whole "Link is a connection into the game" type thing, but I usually find them pointless and just annoying.

While we've already seen customization for Link's arsenal, the hero has remained largely unchanged save for a few minor tunic alteration here and there. I've always been a fan of personalizing characters to my liking and I believe it's high time Nintendo incorporated the feature into its products as well.

In my opinion, fighting games get customization right especially the Tekken and Soul Calibur franchises. You can leave characters entirely unchanged or apply tattooing, face paint, change hair color, skin tone, outfit. One of the biggest oversimplifications in translating this from the fighting to action-adventure genre, however, is the impact alteration may have on the story. Minor dabs here and there won't require revision but certainly dialogue and NPC presentation would need to be tailored to a female Link, for example, if the player desires such an option. To augment replay value, it'd be interesting to unlock gear after completing certain tasks in the narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom