• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Create Your Own Items

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Came across something interesting today. Nintendo has revealed more info on the upgrade system and Link will be able to not only upgrade shields, but other equipment and weapons as well along with the ability to create brand new items from the materials he finds through his adventure. This is something very new and exciting, I hope its customized items but we'll see. What do you guys think?

Oh and heres the press statement...

http://www.zeldac.com/2011/09/create-new-items-via-the-upgrade-system-in-skyward-sword/

You can download the pdf version there as well, pretty cool.

Last edited:

vcdomith

Mad Artist
WOW!! Imagine creating items from scratch, for exemple: making different aroows for the bow

kaimason1

the Wanderer
Wow, I wonder what kind of stuff we will see from this. I really can't think of something I would want to be crafted, though, unless the only place to get the resources was treasure chests and stuff like that.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
The thought of having the ability to create new items would be tremedously awesome. I could make a hookshot with different colors or make a bomb that can fly for a few seconds (these are just ideas. May not be possible) Think of all the possibilities!

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I read about that earlier and I'm quite excited to see it in the game and I'm glad they're adding new elements to the games. Wonder what kind of things are possible with it. I also like the upgrade system available in SS, it gives you more options to mess around with your items.

how about a timly flute?You can get in the music dungeon(Thread)It changes the coure of night and day if you play it at night the night is longer and day is shorter and you can change anytime!oh and later you can get an upgrade and change night into day and day into night whos thinks that would be cool!since link cant have the ocarina yet....

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

GOOEY BOMB!

Just like on Brawl. ^^

I'd like to knuckledusters with Monster Claws attached for the spikes. That way I can beat up a few Bokoblins in case they lose their weapons and we have to "duke it out."

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Imma gunna make me the Triforce!

This sounds like it will be a great addition to the gameplay. My hype level just went from a million to a million and one!

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I highly doubt that these "new items" will be too important because this sounds like a sidequest and Nintendo would not make you craft a hookshot, for instance.

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
It will likely be limited to a degree - we probably won't be able to go all out and create everything possible unfortunately.

Skywardcswordcis rely gonna revolotionase Zelda, this is just one exsaple to the new mecanics in the game. Nintendo are rely going out of thire way to make this game a masterpiece, if it all goes right it will be one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom